Where are my limited edition achievements at Apple?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Benz63amg, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Benz63amg macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

Where are my limited edition Apple Watch achievements at? I had almost all of them (Veterans Day, New Years Challenge, Valentine’s Day etc etc) and they are all gone ever since I updated to iOS12, I have only 3 of the perhaps 8 or so limited edition challenges that I had completed prior to updating to iOS12 , I know Apple said we would get them back (Somehow?) and that we shouldn’t worry about it But I haven’t seen the achievements restored as of today, I thought maybe iOS 12.1 would fix it somehow but nothing to be seen yet.

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 68030

tromboneaholic

Mine reappeared with WatchOS 5.1.

But do not upgrade if you haven't. It is bricking some Series 4 watches.

3. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

I already upgraded earlier today I’m on 5.1 on my Series 4 stainless steel 44mm, iPhone X is on 12.1 and I don’t have my achievements

4. tromboneaholic macrumors 68030

tromboneaholic

Some people who ran the beta said it took a little while to update. For me it was fairly quick.
    Maybe restart the watch?

5. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

Tried restarting both the phone and watch, no achievements

6. tromboneaholic macrumors 68030

tromboneaholic

Hopefully they will show up on their own. I really didn't care about them that much until they were missing...

7. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

Does the Perfect month goal usually show up on the 1st of the following Month or on the last day of the month? I just reached my move goal for today and haven’t received the perfect month achievement for October either, Will I get i get it tomorrow?

8. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

It shows up on the last day of the month. I hit my move goal this morning and immediately received the badge.

9. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

I didn’t get it, how can I force receiving the badge? I hit my move goal for the day at 8am and still haven’t received it

10. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I didn’t have any as of yesterday, but now some have started to reappear.
    What’s worse is I couldn’t even see the Awards since I purchased my AW4. Thankfully WatchOS 5.1 and/or iOS 12.1 have restored what was lost to me. Hopefully the rest appear soon.

Attached Files:

11. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

I'm not sure how to "force" recieve the badge. Maybe try restarting your phone?

12. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

I upgraded my phone and my badges reappeared.

13. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

I tried restarting both the watch and the iPhone X

14. newellj macrumors 603

Mine were missing but reappeared after updating the phone and the watch, so I can't say which did it. Obviously both did a restart after the update.

15. wesley96 macrumors 6502

wesley96

I received a few recent badges on the Apple Watch Series 4 since updating to watchOS 5.1 and iOS 12.1, but none of them appear on the Apple Watch app on my iPhone XS. This includes the "perfect month" and the "7 activities in 7 days" ones. I rebooted both devices twice, but with no changes.

16. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Same boat for me as well. Hopefully they prepopulate later today or soon.

17. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

So I woke up today Nov 1 in hopes of maybe getting the achievements today but not a single achievement was recovered, not only that, I didn’t get the Perfect month achievement for Ocotober, and the 7-Workout Week achievement which I finished about a month ago is now reset as if I never finished it?!?

I restarted both the iPhone X and Apple Watch this morning as well to see if a restart would force anything but nothing helped

18. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

The badges are not in the Apple Watch app. They are in the Activity app.

19. DukeSilver79 macrumors newbie

DukeSilver79

My National Parks badge didn't show up for a week after. They've often been pretty flaky about showing up and disappearing.

20. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

To clarify my earlier poition. I finished my perfect month and it showed me the badge on my watch and daily stats on the Activity app on the watch. The badge does not show on my Awards section of the app, and my Longest Move Streak hasn't updated since the 30st of October either.

21. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

That’s so bizarre, why isn’t the awards page being updated

22. paulove macrumors newbie

I have the same issue with perfect month and in addition I have issues with the Longest Move Streak medal not updating, it shows the right number under but an older medal. It is probably a glitch in the latest update either on iOS or watchOS.

23. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

Well it’s not a glitch in 5.1 or iOS 12.1 because I have been missing my Limited Edition achievements(Veterans day, National Park Day and all the others) ever since I updated to iOS 12 when it came out. Something is seriously screwed up. Must be some sort of an issue on Apple’s servers or something (Even though I thought Apple Watch achievements were stored locally on the device)

24. Starship67 macrumors 6502a

Starship67

25. wesley96 macrumors 6502

wesley96

Sorry, you're right. I meant to refer to the Activity app, not the Apple Watch app. The badges that were supposed to appear in the Activity app are not showing up. No badges since updating on October 30. It's really frustrating. The issue for me isn't just about the limited-time badges. It includes the regular badges you earn daily / weekly / monthly basis. The badges definitely appeared on the Apple Watch itself. The Activity app simply ignores it, however. It used to be that the app almost immediately records the badges after I earn them, before the watchOS 5.1 update.