Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Where are my limited edition Apple Watch achievements at? I had almost all of them (Veterans Day, New Years Challenge, Valentine’s Day etc etc) and they are all gone ever since I updated to iOS12, I have only 3 of the perhaps 8 or so limited edition challenges that I had completed prior to updating to iOS12 , I know Apple said we would get them back (Somehow?) and that we shouldn’t worry about it But I haven’t seen the achievements restored as of today, I thought maybe iOS 12.1 would fix it somehow but nothing to be seen yet.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Mine reappeared with WatchOS 5.1.

But do not upgrade if you haven't. It is bricking some Series 4 watches.
I already upgraded earlier today I’m on 5.1 on my Series 4 stainless steel 44mm, iPhone X is on 12.1 and I don’t have my achievements

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Does the Perfect month goal usually show up on the 1st of the following Month or on the last day of the month? I just reached my move goal for today and haven’t received the perfect month achievement for October either, Will I get i get it tomorrow?

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
Does the Perfect month goal usually show up on the 1st of the following Month or on the last day of the month? I just reached my move goal for today and haven’t received the perfect month achievement for October either, Will I get i get it tomorrow?
It shows up on the last day of the month. I hit my move goal this morning and immediately received the badge.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
It shows up on the last day of the month. I hit my move goal this morning and immediately received the badge.
I didn’t get it, how can I force receiving the badge? I hit my move goal for the day at 8am and still haven’t received it

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I didn’t have any as of yesterday, but now some have started to reappear.
What’s worse is I couldn’t even see the Awards since I purchased my AW4. Thankfully WatchOS 5.1 and/or iOS 12.1 have restored what was lost to me. Hopefully the rest appear soon.

Attachments

• 1B0F8B95-2E36-402F-993B-F2CAA1914CA0.png
    1B0F8B95-2E36-402F-993B-F2CAA1914CA0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,122

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Mine were missing but reappeared after updating the phone and the watch, so I can't say which did it. Obviously both did a restart after the update.

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
I received a few recent badges on the Apple Watch Series 4 since updating to watchOS 5.1 and iOS 12.1, but none of them appear on the Apple Watch app on my iPhone XS. This includes the "perfect month" and the "7 activities in 7 days" ones. I rebooted both devices twice, but with no changes.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina

I received a few recent badges on the Apple Watch Series 4 since updating to watchOS 5.1 and iOS 12.1, but none of them appear on the Apple Watch app on my iPhone XS. This includes the "perfect month" and the "7 activities in 7 days" ones. I rebooted both devices twice, but with no changes.

Same boat for me as well. Hopefully they prepopulate later today or soon.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
So I woke up today Nov 1 in hopes of maybe getting the achievements today but not a single achievement was recovered, not only that, I didn’t get the Perfect month achievement for Ocotober, and the 7-Workout Week achievement which I finished about a month ago is now reset as if I never finished it?!?

I restarted both the iPhone X and Apple Watch this morning as well to see if a restart would force anything but nothing helped

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA

The badges are not in the Apple Watch app. They are in the Activity app.

Reactions: tromboneaholic

DukeSilver79

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
My National Parks badge didn't show up for a week after. They've often been pretty flaky about showing up and disappearing.

Reactions: menace3

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
So I woke up today Nov 1 in hopes of maybe getting the achievements today but not a single achievement was recovered, not only that, I didn’t get the Perfect month achievement for Ocotober, and the 7-Workout Week achievement which I finished about a month ago is now reset as if I never finished it?!?

I restarted both the iPhone X and Apple Watch this morning as well to see if a restart would force anything but nothing helped
To clarify my earlier poition. I finished my perfect month and it showed me the badge on my watch and daily stats on the Activity app on the watch. The badge does not show on my Awards section of the app, and my Longest Move Streak hasn't updated since the 30st of October either.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
To clarify my earlier poition. I finished my perfect month and it showed me the badge on my watch and daily stats on the Activity app on the watch. The badge does not show on my Awards section of the app, and my Longest Move Streak hasn't updated since the 30st of October either.
That’s so bizarre, why isn’t the awards page being updated

paulove

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2014

I have the same issue with perfect month and in addition I have issues with the Longest Move Streak medal not updating, it shows the right number under but an older medal. It is probably a glitch in the latest update either on iOS or watchOS.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I have the same issue with perfect month and in addition I have issues with the Longest Move Streak medal not updating, it shows the right number under but an older medal. It is probably a glitch in the latest update either on iOS or watchOS.

Well it’s not a glitch in 5.1 or iOS 12.1 because I have been missing my Limited Edition achievements(Veterans day, National Park Day and all the others) ever since I updated to iOS 12 when it came out. Something is seriously screwed up. Must be some sort of an issue on Apple’s servers or something (Even though I thought Apple Watch achievements were stored locally on the device)

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
The badges are not in the Apple Watch app. They are in the Activity app.
Sorry, you're right. I meant to refer to the Activity app, not the Apple Watch app. The badges that were supposed to appear in the Activity app are not showing up. No badges since updating on October 30. It's really frustrating. The issue for me isn't just about the limited-time badges. It includes the regular badges you earn daily / weekly / monthly basis. The badges definitely appeared on the Apple Watch itself. The Activity app simply ignores it, however. It used to be that the app almost immediately records the badges after I earn them, before the watchOS 5.1 update.

Reactions: menace3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.