Where are my "waiting at home" people at?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elephunkman, Jun 24, 2010.

1. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I'm just sitting on my couch and my status says on vehicle for delivery. Any idea how long that takes?

2. iJules macrumors member

I've been assured that mine is coming today even though Fed Ex says something about Canada as of yesterday... and last night it said it hadn't even been picked up as of the 24th. I'm hoping Fed ex is wrong and Apple is right...:apple:

3. jmike314 macrumors member

Called FedEx this morning...said it's on truck and will be delivered today by 3PM.

Good thing I teach...got the Summer off. Maybe I'll go mow the lawn while I'm waiting...probably going to be a while.

4. hondje macrumors member

sitting at home waiting. But not sure if it is going to come to my house or the AT&T store.

5. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

UMMM NO nobody knows except people in your neighborhood how long FedEx will take to get there. Not people on the NET.

6. i.phone4 macrumors member

Waiting on my couch, out for delivery at 7:30 this morning, 8:30 now. It's going to be awhile. UPS usually comes in afternoon for our house, could be different.

7. hondje macrumors member

My experience with waiting for these kind of things is this:

Today is the longest day of our lives.
    The package will be here any second.
    The package will be here at the end of the day.
    The package won't come till tomorrow.
    Today is the longest day of our lives.

8. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

I'm "waiting at work", but yea its on vehicle for delivery.... to my AT&T store. I'll go pick it up on my lunch break if its delivered by then.

9. alejovh1 macrumors regular

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Yep. Sitting on my couch with my front door open so he can I can see through the screen.

11. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Yep. Just waiting at home... till next month when I can get a white iPhone 4. :cool:

12. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

The FedEx tracking system isn't working... like, at all.

If you got a tracking number and it says it'll be there today, it'll be there today.

I got my phone yesterday at 11:00 am. FedEx Tracking showed it being at the airport, and then it didn't show it being delivered until well after 5:30 pm.

As Tom Petty says... the waiting is the hardest part.

13. AppleFan922 macrumors member

On truck for delivery!!! Waiting impatiently.....lol, I'll catch the soccer match and hopefully it will be here by the end of the game.

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

There's no way of knowing. It depends on where your location is on the driver's route. If you're lucky enough to be one of his first stops, you'll get it soon. Apparently my company was one of his last yesterday, because I got mine barely before the 3pm "deadline". Either way, consider yourself lucky to be sitting at home on a couch and not at work like a lot of us here.

Off-Topic: My phone is at 55% battery life with 3hrs 35 mins of usage (this is heavy usage too, all data, not playing music) and 15hrs 18 mins of standby. My 3gs would have easily been down to 20% by now. Just another thing for you all to look forward to today.

15. elephunkman thread starter macrumors 65816

UPS comes around here late in the afternoon, but I don't know about FedEx. Looked at the forums for my local apple store and they said the non-reserved line is moving at a snail's pace. I'm cooking breakfast and enjoying myself here with the world cup.

16. zoman504 macrumors regular

Yep, on the couch with some coffee and watching the World Cup. Took today and tomorrow off work, a mini staycation lol.

17. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

18. ric808 macrumors newbie

Mine arrived at the local facility at 7 AM and was delivered at 9:11 AM - with no signature required.

19. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

Have been up since 6:00AM, waiting on my couch, watching Wimbledon. The Fedex truck has the iPhones.

But with each passing hour, I get more nervous, reading people's threads about the horrid yellow screens and awful reception.

With my luck I'll have both those issues, and probably some more to boot.

20. elephunkman thread starter macrumors 65816

Looks like the issues are more prevalent in the 32GB models. I got the 16GB so I'm crossing my fingers.

21. cococard macrumors newbie

Here I am sitting in my bed, updating my ipod on my macbook while emailing on my ipad and taking calls in my iphone, watching How I Met your Mother on my appletv.

Thank God I am self employed and told the people at the office I was not showing up till about 2 oclock.

Plus, WORLD CUP soccer starts in about 15, should be a good way to eat up time.

22. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

I really hope so. I have the 16GB ones on the way too.

23. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Damn I am sitting in my recliner and with every big truck that passes by I hope its mines!! :D

24. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

Stilling at the kitchen table........working like always. I don't expect FedEx until this afternoon though. God I wish they would just get here!

25. elephunkman thread starter macrumors 65816

Everytime I hear a vehicle, I get excited.

FORZA ITALIA!!