Where are Siri accent & gender options gone

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by The Mercurian, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. The Mercurian macrumors 68000

Just turned on Siri for first time. Don't seem to have the accent and gender options the internet tells me should be there. I have no Siri voice options. I have language options which will change the accent but doesn't have a gender option. I'm on iOS10.2.1. What gives and how do I fix it to have the 'Voice options' menu ?

2. friednoodles macrumors 6502

Not all language/dialect pairs have multiple voices available. Once you select a language/dialect using Settings > Siri > Language, then Settings > Siri > Siri Voice becomes available if the language/dialect has more than one voice option.

For example, Chinese (Mandarin - China) has two voice options and so that section appears on the main Siri settings screen, while Chinese (Mandarin - Taiwan) has no selectable voices, so the section doesn't appear.

3. The Mercurian thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh yes you are right I changed that and options are back Thanks!

4. friednoodles macrumors 6502

Happy to help! Similarly there are many voice options for each language in Accessibility > Speech if you need those features (along with Enhanced versions too, which take up more space but are higher quality).