Where are you buying from in the UK?

leighschvartz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Just noticed that Tesco are selling at midnight.. what are peoples plans who didn't pre-order? Apple store? Tesco? John Lewis?

leighschvartz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Not sure, just says on their website that 'over 250' will stock it. Best check with your local!

simes6600

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2009
Northern Ireland
argos will have them on sale in the morn, hope to pick up one from there. wondering how their reserve scheme will work for the new ipad, am hoping they put it online shortly after midnight.

Rasta4i

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
London
I'm also hoping to buy it from argos in the morning, just wondering what time I should get there as it opens at 9

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Not sure, just says on their website that 'over 250' will stock it. Best check with your local!
Just been on the phone to a few stores like an excited lunatic! haha!
Express and Metro's are a no no they said.

Most Tesco Extra's will be stocking them, and to give the store a call.

And also, Tesco HomePlus stores that usually sell iPads will be selling them at 9am, again - the guy said to give your local store a call.

leighschvartz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Sweet. I'm hoping to pick one up from John Lewis I think, 2 year warranty is a good extra!

roblawton

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Preston, UK
I queued up at an Apple Store for the first iPad and have queued up for every iPhone since 1.0 but after selling the iPad, I skipped getting an iPad 2.

I was tempted to queue tomorrow for this one but I would rather just order from Apple online. Tracking my delivery is fun and we're good to go tomorrow!

I'd still queue for an iPhone and will continue to until I have to, worth it every time.

JonnyBlaze

macrumors regular
May 5, 2008
UK
Was hoping to pre order mine, but dispatch date I'm getting quoted is 29th, so I'll keep an eye on any shops I pass! Hoping I'll get one sooner!

Red 2

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
England, UK
PC World - 12.01am Sales

According to various website, selected DSG stores are opening for sales at 12.01am!

Will camp out on my sofa hoping for a visit from TNT tomorrow with an iPad and an aTV but good luck to all those doing midnight pickups.

O-H-T

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
I was intending on going to an Apple store around 7am. However yesterday I found out that Comet was taking pre-orders (paid in full) for pick up on Friday, they open at 9am.

When I phoned up my local branch yesterday they had 6 16gb black, I decided I wanted a 32gb black instead, gave them a ring this evening and they had 8 of them.

Comet may be a good bet for those not going to Apple stores / Tescos / Argos etc.

O-H-T

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
are any of the UK retailers doing pre-ordering online yet?
I've heard word of Argos taking reservations from midnight, although I have no source. You may want to keep an eye on places like PC world and Currys.

simes6600

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2009
Northern Ireland
I've heard word of Argos taking reservations from midnight, although I have no source. You may want to keep an eye on places like PC world and Currys.
heh, i wrote that about 6 posts up. its just my guess of course and nothing official. am hoping Argos will though, don't see any reason why they won't.

O-H-T

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Someone tell me why I pre-ordered.
For the Security of knowing that you have one tomorrow?

I was going to pre-order but as I was doing it the delivery times went to the 19th, then 2-3 weeks.

heh, i wrote that about 6 posts up. its just my guess of course and nothing official. am hoping Argos will though, don't see any reason why they won't.
Haha, couldn't remember if I read it elsewhere.