Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Where are you pre-ordering your iPhone 4 from?

• Apple.com

Votes: 263 79.2%
  • AT&T

Votes: 49 14.8%
  • Best Buy

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Walmart

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

I AN LEGEND

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
I'll have both the Apple and AT&T sites open and ready to go... honestly not sure which one though. Will any one in particular be better? Doubt that...

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Was going to start another thread, but the board is flooded already...

Isn't it just crazy that we're so excited about PREORDERING? I keep telling myself that we're not actually getting anything on the 15th. The 24th just seems like just another day compared to tomorrow.

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
Apple.com I'm going to have my MacBook next to me all night. My iPhone alarm is set for 5:50. I'm in Southern California, so just in case the 6am Pacific time is true, I'll be ready, but I'll also be checking at midnight.

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
I'm going to try Apple.com first. If that gives me a headache and won't let me for some odd reason, I'll do it though AT&T Premiere site. If that don't work, then it's off to the AT&T store and calling 611 while driving there.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Apple.com I'm going to have my MacBook next to me all night. My iPhone alarm is set for 5:50. I'm in Southern California, so just in case the 6am Pacific time is true, I'll be ready, but I'll also be checking at midnight.

lmao that's absolutely pathetic. an alarm to pre-order, good lord

macdoll

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2009
If Best Buy were giving out Reward Zone points for the iphone 4 pre-order, I'd be at Best Buy at opening. However I haven't had a confirmation from their customer support team that they are, so until I do, I'm going with apple.com.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Apple.com

Having it shipped to my office. Did the same thing last year with 3GS. Couldn't have been easier.

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
lmao that's absolutely pathetic. an alarm to pre-order, good lord

This is what I'm thinking. I thought about setting an alarm but then it's not worth it. I highly doubt they will sell out. There is at least four different retailers doing pre-orders and I'm sure (at least hoping) Apple has learned from previous iPhone launches and the iPad that demand is high.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
Apple.com

Having it shipped to my office. Did the same thing last year with 3GS. Couldn't have been easier.
That's not a bad idea. I'd considered taking the day off of work to either wait in line at the Apple store or wait at home for it to arrive. I may just have it shipped to work instead and perhaps take a half day when it arrives.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
That's not a bad idea. I'd considered taking the day off of work to either wait in line at the Apple store or wait at home for it to arrive. I may just have it shipped to work instead and perhaps take a half day when it arrives.

Do yourself a favor and do it. When the 3G was released I waited in line for hours (bright and early at ATT store) only to not get the phone I wanted (32GB black), so then I had to go to the Apple store after work, wait for an hour, deal with a bunch of nonsense because of my FAN discount, then finally like 3 hours later I had an Iphone around 8PM.

For the 3GS, I logged into Apple.com, pre-ordered the phone with no issues, no need to set my alarm or anything, then release day I had my phone delivered straight to my desk by 11 a.m and was activating it in minutes.

There is no way in hell I'm stepping foot in any retail location for this phone after my experience last year, it was the perfect scenario.

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
This is what I'm thinking. I thought about setting an alarm but then it's not worth it. I highly doubt they will sell out. There is at least four different retailers doing pre-orders and I'm sure (at least hoping) Apple has learned from previous iPhone launches and the iPad that demand is high.

So? I don't care. It's not like I'm taking off work to get one. I'm waking up 15 minutes earlier than I usually do anyway. :p

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
There's no way Apple will sell out of stock on the first day of preorder so there's no point in staying up all night or trying to figure out exactly what time preorders start. Just relax and place your order whenever you have a few spare minutes.

I'll be ordering from Apple and having it shipped to my office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.