where can I buy protective cases for the ATV4 remote?

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
I would like some sort of hard case or pouch to store mine in when not in use. Then I can just put it in my loveseat storage area with my other remotes.

watermelonbook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
I keep mine up and away from the kids. Just be careful with it and it'll be ok.
it's 2015... not 1975. Kids today scare me with their intelligence. I'm sure they'll find the remote and.... (you fill in the rest)

when I was a kid, I watched TV on a black and white that took 2 minutes to warm up before a picture showed up.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
it's 2015... not 1975. Kids today scare me with their intelligence. I'm sure they'll find the remote and.... (you fill in the rest)

when I was a kid, I watched TV on a black and white that took 2 minutes to warm up before a picture showed up.
agree... I am waiting for the Griffin case for Siri remote, $20. For the time being, I just tape it up with clear tape to handle drop.

Reactions: bruinsrme

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I don't think I'll ever understand folk that buy Apple products and whose first thought is 'where can I get a cover?'

What are you going to do with the remote to make it need a cover? Surely it's never more than a few meters from your TV?

Reactions: GlenK

watermelonbook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
I don't think I'll ever understand folk that buy Apple products and whose first thought is 'where can I get a cover?'

What are you going to do with the remote to make it need a cover? Surely it's never more than a few meters from your TV?
this image seemed really disturbing....

I would rather have a case that also improves the grip.(like the Griffin one)

If I drop and crack it, I either have to buy another one for $80 or file a claim with AmEX(but only possible during the first 90 days)

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014

do you know that not everyone is the same? just because you don't drop, everyone should/must behave that way. at least walk with your mind open.

let me give you a couple scenarios that can cause a drop or throw:
1) kids
2) accidents
3) dog/cat
4) spouse fighting
5) losing Football bet
6) child custody argument

any of the above can have a throw/drop impact/force on the remote.

Reactions: ohio.emt and mw360

watermelonbook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
do you know that not everyone is the same? just because you don't drop, everyone should/must behave that way. at least walk with your mind open.

1) kids
2) accidents
3) dog/cat
4) spouse fighting
5) losing Football bet

add this one:

7) someone making a drop test for YouTube.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

1) kids
2) accidents
3) dog/cat
4) spouse fighting
5) losing Football bet

Really?

1. Keep it up and away from the kids when not in use.
2. This one is legitimate, but most situations can be avoided.
3. Same as kids, keep it up and away when you're not using it.
4. Be reasonable. If you can't keep from THROWING things when you're arguing, then maybe you're the child. See above.
5. Same as above, if you break things because you lose a bet, I'm going to question your level of maturity.
6. Again, be civil. It isn't hard.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
Really?

1. Keep it up and away from the kids when not in use.
2. This one is legitimate, but most situations can be avoided.
3. Same as kids, keep it up and away when you're not using it.
4. Be reasonable. If you can't keep from THROWING things when you're arguing, then maybe you're the child. See above.
5. Same as above, if you break things because you lose a bet, I'm going to question your level of maturity.
6. Again, be civil. It isn't hard.

I wish human can be this perfect.

1) kids also uses apple TV and hence Siri remote. you can set all rules but kids are kids
2) only 1 drop out of many that you try to avoid could be a fatal one.
4) not every human is reasonable. what you said is only exist in theory
5) if someone gamble, he/she is already in trouble, let alone being mature.
6) have you have fight for your child custody? Let me guess No

watermelonbook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014

watermelonbook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
You should stop looking then, or you'll be having nightmares!
nightmare was finding my cat chewing on the new Siri remote this morning. He likes to lick things that are shinny and smooth. I promptly yanked the remote away from his mouth and placed it in a locked drawer.(until I can figure out how to deal with is tonight) Locked drawer because he has figured out how to pull out most drawers in my house. :(