Where Did Activity Challenges Go in wOS 6?

newellj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
All my activity challenge badges seem to have disappeared. Am I not looking in the correct place? Please tell me that Apple didn't vaporize them again.

BF1M

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2018
Mine are missing too. Typical Apple lately; add a few new features break double the number of old...

PezRadar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Having this problem after moving to an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Any idea? :[

It's been 12 hrs since I got my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I was on 13.1 beta and it was just fine and I saw all my challenges yesterday on my XS Max. Now I don't see any of the September or past holiday challenges I earned.

My watch is on Watch OS6 as well

PezRadar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
What's even more weird is that I see my September Challenge on my Watch in the Activity App (3rd tab). It even has my holiday badges from last year which is great!

But these aren't showing on my actual phone activity app. The phone though is showing some activity awards, just not the monthly specific ones (except perfect month ones) nor are they showing the holiday badges.

Weird.

Reactions: Ntombi

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
I've got 2 issues. The biggest one is that after moving to the iPhone 11 Pro Max (and going to iOS 13) I have lost a bunch, but not all of my activity awards. I had earned every monthly award this year and I had seen all of them as recently as last week but now I only have a couple from 2017 and 2018 plus the June and August 2019 awards. I've lost 6 monthly awards for 2019 that I had already earned.

My second issue, which may or may not be related, is that it doesn't seem like I am getting full credit for my "movement". I cycle a lot and back in July (just 2 months ago) I was averaging about 40 - 55 calories per mile depending on how hard I was pedaling. Now, I am averaging about 10 calories per mile pedaled. I am almost exactly the same weight and I am pedaling about the same intensity (I use a heart rate monitor and it shows my workouts are just as intense) but it is now difficult for me to close my rings since 60 minutes of exercise only gets me about 150 calories of credit.

MJ22

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2017
My activity is mostly fine, but on my watch I can’t view my competitions now. It just says “to start sharing your activity, use the activity app on your iPhone.” I turned the watch off and back on, I closed out the activity app from the dock. Didn’t help.

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
I got an 11 Pro Max as well and all my activity achievements are gone except for 2018. They haven't come back. I had 5 so far this year :/.

I've restarted phone and watch several times. Oh well. I'm not too sore about it. :p

My wife says hers are slowly coming back. She had 3 the first few days (like I do now) --- and now she has 5.

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
I tried un-pairing my watch to my phone, and then repairing...didn't work.

What's weird is the other day, I got an alert on my watch about my progress with the September Challenge, but it is nowhere to be found in the Activity app on my phone...

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
I got an 11 Pro Max as well and all my activity achievements are gone except for 2018. They haven't come back. I had 5 so far this year :/.

I've restarted phone and watch several times. Oh well. I'm not too sore about it. :p

My wife says hers are slowly coming back. She had 3 the first few days (like I do now) --- and now she has 5.
It is encouraging to hear your wife's achievements are slowly coming back. I had 8 monthly achievements for this year before upgrading and now I only have 2 (June and August). I've restarted both my AW S4 and my new iPhone but that did not help. I'll just keep hoping this works itself out over the next couple of days.

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
It is encouraging to hear your wife's achievements are slowly coming back. I had 8 monthly achievements for this year before upgrading and now I only have 2 (June and August). I've restarted both my AW S4 and my new iPhone but that did not help. I'll just keep hoping this works itself out over the next couple of days.
Mine are Still stuck on 3 from 2018. :(.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2010
Guys this is a MASSIVE issue that isn’t new to WatchOS 6, I lost 2 years worth of “Special Edition” holiday badges last time I changed phones and restored from my latest encrypted backup via iTunes (iPhone 7 Plus to iPhone X), I made A very big thread about this and many others chimed in with the same problem, Apple never did ANYTHING about this: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/where-are-my-limited-edition-achievements-at-apple.2151001/

Till this day i did NOT get my lost badges back, Not only did I not get my previously lost badges back, I just lost all of my completed awarded 2019 Special Holiday Badges as well when I upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro (restored my iPhone XS encrypted backup to the iPhone 11 Pro), all health data, activity rings from all proper timeframes are there EXCEPT all the awesome and cool special edition award badges AND MONTHLY Challenge award badges, Gone as if I never ever completed them. I feel very frustrated at this point. Heck, what’s the point of even doing these challenges if we’re being stripped of the badges when upgrading to a new phone every year of every other year..

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
Guys this is a MASSIVE issue that isn’t new to WatchOS 6, I lost 2 years worth of “Special Edition” holiday badges last time I changed phones and restored from my latest encrypted backup via iTunes (iPhone 7 Plus to iPhone X), I made A very big thread about this and many others chimes in with the same problem, Apple never did ANYTHING about this: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/where-are-my-limited-edition-achievements-at-apple.2151001/

Till this day i did NOT get my lost badges back, Not only did I not get my previously lost badges back, I just lost all of my completed awarded 2019 Special Holiday Badges as well when I upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro (restored my iPhone XS encrypted backup to the iPhone 11 Pro), all health data, activity rings from all proper timeframes are there EXCEPT all the awesome and cool special edition award badges AND MONTHLY Challenge award badges, Gone as if I never ever completed them. I feel very frustrated at this point. Heck, what’s the point of even doing these challenges if we’re being stripped of the badges when upgrading to a new phone every year of every other year..
It is very discouraging. Why bust ass to get these things when they just disappear? My AW3 was my first watch. So going from AW3 to AW5 and watching 30+ challenges disappear over the last 2+ years was ... discouraging to say the least. I only have 3 from 2018 since the day I got my 11 Pro. Hasn't changed for me.

I believe I kept all my Limited Edition Challenges tho. :p

pirarre

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2010
I thought it was just me. I factory reset my AWS5 and iPhone Pro 11 several times Monday attempting to get my Activity badges back.

There was a progress bar at the bottom of the Activity app that read “Updating Activity info from iCloud” and that it could take awhile. So I did a massive Google search on the issue and several people made posts about their Activity info populating in the Activity app hours or days later.

Today, I noticed the progress bar is complete and non of my previous Activity progress has populated into the app.

I’m hoping over time, it will all adjust be there.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

pirarre

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2010
I do have a previous backup of my AWS4 on WatchOS 5, that I believe has all my Activity badges etc.

Can I restore that backup to the AWS5 and then manually upgrade to watchOS6?

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2010
I thought it was just me. I factory reset my AWS5 and iPhone Pro 11 several times Monday attempting to get my Activity badges back.

There was a progress bar at the bottom of the Activity app that read “Updating Activity info from iCloud” and that it could take awhile. So I did a massive Google search on the issue and several people made posts about their Activity info populating in the Activity app hours or days later.

Today, I noticed the progress bar is complete and non of my previous Activity progress has populated into the app.

I’m hoping over time, it will all adjust be there.
You will not get the lost achievements back, 2 years have passed and I still don’t have my achievements that I lost from 2015, 2016 and 2017 during my upgrade to the iPhone X back 2 years ago. I had a lot of limited edition achievements badges which I loved and have lost them all

Last edited: