Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moss4381

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I just did jailbreak on my iPhone today in hopes of being able to customize my background and icons and the summerboard program all my friends used is no longer there! Is it going to come back and why is it not there anymore?

Moss4381

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Everytime I try and download that something goes wrong. Once I do and I go to uninstall page instead of saying unistall it says reinstall and the summerboard program still isnt there

honeytoast

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2004
bay area, CA
Have you tried restarting your phone and then downloading it? Restart it by holding down both the sleep/wake and home buttons until the apple logo appears, then try to install it.

Moss4381

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I restarted it and I still get the reinstall button not the uninstall button and still no summerboard application.

honeytoast

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2004
bay area, CA
I don't know what to say. restore and rehack? This is why i now stick with genuine apple firmware. I'll wait until i can have 3rd party apps and a stable phone. There seem to be a lot of little quirks when its hacked.

are you on wifi or edge while trying to install BSD?

honeytoast

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2004
bay area, CA
I might not be the best person to ask about that. I'd assume it depends on your method of hacking (if you need to re-virginize it before the restore). I believe I just plugged it in and clicked restore in iTunes.

Moss4381

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
will that only delete my stuff that I got during hacking or does it delete all my songs and everything too?

honeytoast

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2004
bay area, CA
will that only delete my stuff that I got during hacking or does it delete all my songs and everything too?

Say goodbye to everything. You'll have to resync it all. Make sure you sync before you restore to ensure that all your contacts and calenders are up to date on your computer.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
First of all, BSD Subsystems solely installs unix tools for the iPhone (not more applications, it has nothing to do with that. More apps come from more "sources" not the unix tools)

Secondly, summerboard was removed from the installer in order for it to be tweaked little for the 1.1.2 framework. It is currently back on the installer and functioning.

In order to put it onto your phone before it was in the installer.app program you ould have had to manually transfer the files to the appropriate folders on your phone. (as I explained in another post)

But, as of right now its working great.... Just no more mixing up unix tools ok? haha

Hello77

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
Problems with SummerBoard 1.1.1

Hi,

I have 1.1.1 version if iPhone and whenever I install SummerBoard my phone starts to have problems. For example, when I'm changing settings (or viewing photos), it automatically returns to the SpringBoard. And my iPhone noticeably slow after installing SummberBoard.

Am I the only one having these problems?
If I am the only one... can anyone help me fixing the problems?

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers :)

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
My themes don't load. I went from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 today and everything works fine but the Summerboard themes. The themes are loaded but I just have a black background. When I hit the SMBprefs button, at the very bottom it says: "smbprefs 3.0b1" below that.... "summerboard 3.0b1 (Inactive).

Anyone know how I can get my themes to work? Customize has only stock icons also.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I just updated my husbands unhacked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and did jailbreakme. Loaded summerboard and smbprefs. Nothing but black background.
I must be doing something wrong. EDIT: On his phone, I don't see "community sources" either. Also "customize" just has the backup stock icons. Weird.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I just updated my husbands unhacked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and did jailbreakme. Loaded summerboard and smbprefs. Nothing but black background.
I must be doing something wrong. EDIT: On his phone, I don't see "community sources" either. Also "customize" just has the backup stock icons. Weird.

Community Sources is installed automatically with Installer if you used the "1.1.1 jailbreakme.com Method"

- To run programs you have to go in the Installer to:
System --> BSD Subsystem and Install that.

Note: BSD Subsystem takes alot of time to install.

- If you wish to update to 1.1.2 you have to:
Tweaks 1.1.1 --> OktoPrep

Note: Once this installs you can upgrade and use Conceinted Softwares solution to re-jailbreak. If you don't install OktoPrep before upgrading you won't be able to jailbreak in 1.1.2.

After that everything should go smoothly

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Yes - I did the jailbreakme method. Installed bsd. Installed some themes. Customize and summerboard - no work. Black background still. Very puzzling. This worked flawlessly on 1.0.2. Thanks for the info to upgrade to 1.1.2 - will need that after I get over this 1.1.1 summerboard issue.

EDIT - I might be dumber than I originally thought. I needed to do a hard re-start. Now themes work. (ducking)

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Yes - I did the jailbreakme method. Installed bsd. Installed some themes. Customize and summerboard - no work. Black background still. Very puzzling. This worked flawlessly on 1.0.2. Thanks for the info to upgrade to 1.1.2 - will need that after I get over this 1.1.1 summerboard issue.

EDIT - I might be dumber than I originally thought. I needed to do a hard re-start. Now themes work. (ducking)

Lol...I forgot about the hard reboot. =P

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.