Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hi! There are a few questions I want to ask about the new M1 MacBook Air, but I am not sure whats the best place to post about it... The Apple Silicon subforum, a mixed bag with posts about different macs, or the MacBook Air subforum?

I want to post about MacBook Air specific questions, like the differences between the 7-core and the 8-core GPUs, or the possible mods to enhance the dissipation, like testing better thermal compounds (there’s actually a huge thread about that topic on the previous Intel MacBook Air).

Honestly, at this point, I think all the M1 computer threads could fit on the Mac subforum with the proper M1/Intel tag on the title, leaving the Apple Silicon subforum for more silicon specific questions... What do you think?

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'd say for now that would go in the Apple Silicon forum. We will have to split it out eventually, but all the machines are pretty close in specs, so I think it makes sense.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I'd say for now that would go in the Apple Silicon forum. We will have to split it out eventually, but all the machines are pretty close in specs, so I think it makes sense.
Yeah, good point, all M1 machines are very close. I will start all the threads about M1 MacBook Air on Apple Silicon subforum. Good call.

I agree eventually the Apple Silicon subforum could be split into M1 MacBook Air, M1 MacBook Pro, M1 mac mini. Or Apple Silicon Laptops and Apple Silicon Desktops, like we have on the current macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.