where do i sell my macbook air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by captainthrall, Jun 22, 2010.

1. captainthrall macrumors newbie

Does anyone have experience selling laptops? specifically MBAs?

Mine is in great shape, i have all of the parts, the original box, even the users manual and the cool apple stickers that came with it. I even have some accessories, like the matching macbook air superdrive, and mini DVI adapters, etc etc... literally everything that came in the original box.

So anyways, where can i sell it safely, legally, and without fear of getting ripped off/scammed? I have read so many stories about people selling crap on ebay, and then the 'customer' says it is broken, mailing back a completely different laptop and demanding a refund etc. yikes.

Also, how much can i expect to sell it for? Gen 1 Macbookair....

2. lrmike macrumors newbie

3. Alkiera macrumors regular

Given it's the same guy who has the thread about how his MBA won't play video... It's a revA 1.6ghz, 80GB HDD model.

4. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

is this a subtle way of trying to sell it?
    without saying you are selling it.
    to us.

uh, the marketplace.
    and if you can't get in there, Craigslist or e-Bay.
    obvious answer.

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Sold mine on ebay for $750 earlier this year. Same model as yours.

6. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I think my "first" v 2,1 2.13 GHz MBA will be going for sale soon too. I actually got a brand new one with some hardware I am testing for a company. The new one has a warranty for a full year from a month ago, so it's a no brainer to keep it and sell my original 2.13 GHz that I bought (fourth one) a few days after announced a year ago. I am thinking of Craig's List, but you can sell here in the marketplace for free too. eBay is too pricey in my opinion. Good luck selling yours too.

7. wildjohn999 macrumors member

I used Powermax.com to get trade in credit for my old MBP 15 for my new i7 iMac. If you can wait six weeks for the refund credit you can get an estimate from them and order a new MBP 13.

8. Moriarty macrumors 6502

Any sort of internet auction site, ie eBay. As long as the money is safely in your bank account before you ship the goods you will be fine.

If the buyer is picking it up, MEET IN A PUBLIC PLACE. And bring friends. Some people are out there just to smash you over the head, grab your stuff, and run. Be careful.