iPad Where do you take your iPad Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Daniel3102, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Daniel3102 macrumors 6502

Hey guys! Hows everyone doing? I got my first iPad, a Mini 2, just two weeks ago and Im wondering where you guys take yours? The advantage of the Mini over the Air or any full size iPad is it portability :) I usually bring mine to school and it REALLY helps with school work like notes and stuff like that :)

So, where do you bring yours?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I use mine at work and home. Those are the only places I typically take it.

3. Beelzbub macrumors regular

Everywhere - work, home, traveling and so forth, going to family events which I do not like, I can sit and read and get online, watch TV or Netflix. I VPN into my office with it and use Remote Desktop to admin my servers, workstations. I stream audio with it at my desk while in the office. I use Excel & Word along with OneDrive and it works great for my needs. And of course email and texting and the occasional words with friends game.

I went with a space gray iPad mini 3 128 GB with cellular.

So it pretty much goes everywhere and gets used a lot.

----------

And congrats on your first iPad.

4. davidinva macrumors 6502a

I traded a 3 for a Mini Retina and use it a whole lot more than I did the 3. Take it most places when I am out for more than an hour. iPad is a wi-fi only, so take my phone when I need cell data.

5. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

Everywhere. I typically wear a suit jacket, and the iPad mini fits perfectly in its pocket. The only time I typically don't have it with me is when it's recharging.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Mostly take it school. At home I use it as a second screen, to play music, or to read books.

7. ianj1972 macrumors member

everywhere, even into the bath to read ebooks or watch movies :eek:

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Almost any place I'd take my phone. Any place I'd take a laptop. And yes, into the bathtub. :p There are perfectly good waterproof sleeves for that sort of usage.

9. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I used mine as a GPS device (Gaia and MotionX), so it went into some pretty remote rural areas and it kept me from getting lost more than once. LTE version, of course. The big screen made for a very wide and detailed view of the backcountry areas I was in. Coolest part was the it could be used with absolutely no signal at all if you preloaded the maps. The GPS needs no signal from cell data.

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I take my Air with me ANYWHERE I go I leave my 2012 rMBP at home. :apple:

11. Ann P macrumors 68020

It fits perfectly in my handbag...so everywhere. :)

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I guess girls are lucky they carry around purses with them and can shove a mini in them. ;)

13. ame8199 macrumors 6502

I use mine mainly at work and while I'm in bed

14. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

"Apple iPad : toilet time will never be the same again." That should be one of their marketing slogans. Gone are the days of magazine subscriptions in a basket next to the can.

Seriously, in this day and age, it would be more relevant discussing where you wouldn't take these devices.

[​IMG]

15. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Everywhere. It is my travel/work iPad. The Air 2 stays at home.

16. Alex225 macrumors regular

As above, just about everywhere!

Anywhere I'm going where I may have any spare time. So it comes to work with me (all be it well protected in my bag!).

I'll take it I my girlfriends if I stay for the weekend in case she wants to watch ***** on TV and I can distract myself.

These devices are handy as tools but for entertainment everywhere they're unbeatable!

17. impaler macrumors 6502

I find the mini to be the best every day iPad. I take it out with me, as it has cellular connectivity. I use it at work, to read and answer email. I use it at home to read books, play games, etc.

18. g35 macrumors 6502a

It lives in the right front pocket of my lab coat at work. I might put it in my front pants pocket if I need it out and about, it somehow fits even in there.

19. impaler macrumors 6502

Do you use a case?

20. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It would be cool to take my iPad scuba diving if I could even swim. :eek:

I've taken mine out in the snow before though. Might do that again this season. I was very impressed with the previous shots I took outside with it. They looked better than the ones that I took with my 520 last year.

Been out to the lake too. It's going to be a PITA with the sunlight in your face with any device you take. Hahaha.

I don't take it everywhere except when I know there's going to be a lot of downtime though.

21. matraco macrumors regular

I use it mostly at home. Cant fit in any of my pockets so i dont take it out as much as id like. I go with it to the countryside from time to time, though.

22. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I bring it with me everywhere I go now. It fits perfectly in my purse and now that I've got the one with mobile data, it's super convenient.

Yes, it's a huge bathroom break buddy. LOL

23. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

I do the same thing sometimes at work. All I use is the Smart Cover.

24. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I use it as a phone with Hangouts and Google Voice so everywhere. In the car it's my music player over bluetooth. At home it's usually next to me as a second screen or flying solo while I cook, lay in bed, read or whatever else. My only real complaint is that the backlight can be pretty weak for use in full sunlight.