Where Geohot?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheBigKing, Dec 12, 2011.

1. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

The only one to release a damm jb it's taking to long geo leave the ios for ever ?

2. wpotere Guest

3. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

very curious now to what he's actually doing.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The don't even inform people what his job is at Facebook. Piracy prevention control? :D

"On June 27, 2011, it was reported that Hotz had been hired by Facebook. However, according to a CNet article, he had actually been employed since May, which was confirmed by Facebook. It is unknown what his role at the company is.?"

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

btw he has no known facebook and or Twitter accounts. however many fakes have popped up. His blog is also dead. basically no word since he started.

6. wpotere Guest

You can bet that he is no longer working on a jb. He has a real job now....

7. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

i know that he works for fb but damm geo save ur lives the only one i think that he can help us

8. wpotere Guest

Don't hold your breath... Most likely he has a cease and desist from his employers on his external activities as they don't want to be involved in that mess.

So, we have to wait until someone else figures it out.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

That's your opinion. No Doubt Geohot is smart but he is also a Smart Ass at times and has a huge ego. One of the reason the Dev-team and he split ways. I trust there are other smart people working on it relax and give it time.

10. TheBigKing thread starter macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

I know he's ego but he release jb first and even talk that he has a jb or something musclenerd talks and lot posinningax talk a lot and ever release something from him pod2g not dialogue something and he it's very helpful

11. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Most of the exploits have been found by people other than Geohot. The last time GeoHot made a jailbreak where there were no good alternatives was in the early 3.0 days.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And in English please.

13. justinwebb macrumors regular

the man is smart he went where the money is, and I doubt its in jailbreaking. He is a genius when it comes to reverse engineering so I say he is allowed to have quite the ego, i'm sure most here would have that too considering how young he was when he first started. Let the man live his life, others will fill his shoes its the ecosystem of the hacking world ;)

14. Claude626 macrumors 6502

Amen.

15. protox macrumors regular

He has no reason to continue to jailbreak because he'll be rich soon if he has stock options once Facebook goes IPO. I hope he got some when he joined or bought some.

16. walie macrumors 6502a

really? its just a phone.

17. wpotere Guest

C'mon guys, he is likely not a naive English speaker. PR could be Puerto Rico....

:rolleyes:

18. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Isn't PR part of the US?

20. TC25 macrumors 68020

One hundred years from now, people will be worshiping geohot. Heck, this thread proves some people already are.

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

100 years from now, not one person out of a 100,000 will know who he was.

Have you ever watched Jay Leno go out on the street and ask people about simple history ?
    Sadly, most average Americans cannot answer the simplest questions. :(

22. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

23. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yep, I've watched Leno's man on the street interviews, but c'mon, that's LA. :)

Ever since St. Geohot produced a jailbreak way back when, these insipid threads start when people start wondering why a jb is taking so long. Never mind that Apple has continued to close holes making jb much more difficult. No, if only the most excellent Geohot were on the scene we'd have a jb in an hour.

24. wpotere Guest

Yeah, so? His native language may be Spanish and he may not be fluent in English. Do you speak more than one language (yes, I do). On top of that, we don't have a national language, if you want one then I suggest you march up to capitol hill and ask for it.

Lastly, there is simply no need to call someone out on there typing proficiency in any language as you have no idea of that person. It could be something simple like a language barrier or it could be something such as a disability. Either way, you dropping into a thread just to post that is pretty ignorant.

25. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Oh God no, please don't summon him. let him be happy at Facebook. :cool: