Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
PR
The only one to release a damm jb it's taking to long geo leave the ios for ever ?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
very curious now to what he's actually doing.

The don't even inform people what his job is at Facebook. Piracy prevention control? :D

"On June 27, 2011, it was reported that Hotz had been hired by Facebook. However, according to a CNet article, he had actually been employed since May, which was confirmed by Facebook. It is unknown what his role at the company is.?"

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
btw he has no known facebook and or Twitter accounts. however many fakes have popped up. His blog is also dead. basically no word since he started.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
PR
i know that he works for fb but damm geo save ur lives the only one i think that he can help us

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
i know that he works for fb but damm geo save ur lives the only one i think that he can help us

Don't hold your breath... Most likely he has a cease and desist from his employers on his external activities as they don't want to be involved in that mess.

So, we have to wait until someone else figures it out.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit

That's your opinion. No Doubt Geohot is smart but he is also a Smart Ass at times and has a huge ego. One of the reason the Dev-team and he split ways. I trust there are other smart people working on it relax and give it time.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
PR
I know he's ego but he release jb first and even talk that he has a jb or something musclenerd talks and lot posinningax talk a lot and ever release something from him pod2g not dialogue something and he it's very helpful

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I know he's ego but he release jb first and even talk that he has a jb or something musclenerd talks and lot posinningax talk a lot and ever release something from him pod2g not dialogue something and he it's very helpful

Most of the exploits have been found by people other than Geohot. The last time GeoHot made a jailbreak where there were no good alternatives was in the early 3.0 days.

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
the man is smart he went where the money is, and I doubt its in jailbreaking. He is a genius when it comes to reverse engineering so I say he is allowed to have quite the ego, i'm sure most here would have that too considering how young he was when he first started. Let the man live his life, others will fill his shoes its the ecosystem of the hacking world ;)

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
the man is smart he went where the money is, and I doubt its in jailbreaking. He is a genius when it comes to reverse engineering so I say he is allowed to have quite the ego, i'm sure most here would have that too considering how young he was when he first started. Let the man live his life, others will fill his shoes its the ecosystem of the hacking world ;)

Amen.

protox

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
He has no reason to continue to jailbreak because he'll be rich soon if he has stock options once Facebook goes IPO. I hope he got some when he joined or bought some.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
One hundred years from now, people will be worshiping geohot. Heck, this thread proves some people already are.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
One hundred years from now, people will be worshiping geohot. Heck, this thread proves some people already are.

100 years from now, not one person out of a 100,000 will know who he was.

Have you ever watched Jay Leno go out on the street and ask people about simple history ?
Sadly, most average Americans cannot answer the simplest questions. :(

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
100 years from now, not one person out of a 100,000 will know who he was.

Have you ever watched Jay Leno go out on the street and ask people about simple history ?
Sadly, most average Americans cannot answer the simplest questions. :(

Yep, I've watched Leno's man on the street interviews, but c'mon, that's LA. :)

Ever since St. Geohot produced a jailbreak way back when, these insipid threads start when people start wondering why a jb is taking so long. Never mind that Apple has continued to close holes making jb much more difficult. No, if only the most excellent Geohot were on the scene we'd have a jb in an hour.

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
Isn't PR part of the US?

Yeah, so? His native language may be Spanish and he may not be fluent in English. Do you speak more than one language (yes, I do). On top of that, we don't have a national language, if you want one then I suggest you march up to capitol hill and ask for it.

Lastly, there is simply no need to call someone out on there typing proficiency in any language as you have no idea of that person. It could be something simple like a language barrier or it could be something such as a disability. Either way, you dropping into a thread just to post that is pretty ignorant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.