Where is Marques Brownlee review?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Sep 14, 2016.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I don't make a move without watching his YouTube review. Is he in the Witness Protection Program ? Did Apple stiff him and not give him a phone? ET( Marquis) call home!!

2. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

he's probably busy furnishing his new studio >.>

3. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

4. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

nobody does care anymore? latest reviews have been more like "blablabla" and there have been much better, deeper reviews.. i already forgot the guy.

i dont say they are bad, but there are light and more words than actual info.

5. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I agree lately his reviews aren't that great. His got good effects and shots, but the review is not the best. His old stuff was better, and he's putting out videos so infrequently.

6. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

He's been a little slow releasing videos over the past few months. Like someone else said, he's probably tied up with finishing up his studio and other projects.

7. maclook macrumors 65816

I personally just don't agree with him. He's clearly an Android guy at heart so many of his gripes with Apple products don't surprise me.

8. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

He normally likes to use a phone for a full week first.

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

I only watch his videos for the 4k video of the phones. His videos are very well put together, but his thoughts and reviews are very generic and not very in-depth.

10. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

Hes a millionnaire, he don't care when to release videos, he gonna get his views and payments either way

11. rodiak macrumors member

I believe Apple only sends pre-launch review units to the big publications (Verge, TC, NYT etc..), not YouTubers.

12. abnorm macrumors newbie

His iPhone 7 hands on video was full of misinformation. I still enjoy his videos.

13. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

well the best part is that he has been quite objective - android or iphone.

one person i like the most she is Lisa Gade from Mobiletechreview... She has a good knowledge of tech but keeps it as simple that everyone can follow her and she is always testing the whole scenario of real life usage rather than only telling specs and benchmarks - specs can be read from the site of the manufacturer anyway...

14. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

never been a fan of his videos. I enjoy the reviews of the other guys that he is kind of cliqued up with more.

plus I've always felt he was an android guy, until a recent video where he said his main phone was an iphone.

15. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

He usually takes a bit of time to get a full review done. Editing takes a huge amount of time when done correctly

16. urkel macrumors 68030

I like his channel but I'm actually a little surprised to see someone base a purchase decision on what he says. I always viewed him as a regular guy who hit the right formula, not a tech expert who pushes the limits of a product or offers unique information.

(Note: Thats not a slam on him. I think that in general then there simply isn't much to say about any annually updated phone these days. Thats why most of the stories end up being about color options)

17. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

He normally does an unboxing video first then a review few days later. I think we will have the unboxing video on Friday. Monday the full review.

18. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

Apple probably didn't give him a review unit. He's not as big as the other publishers.

19. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

20. Stacked macrumors regular

Stopped watching his stuff. Slow uploads and stuff that don't interest me much like booster boards

21. satchow macrumors 6502

After I saw him cover up the speaker on the iPhone 5s with his finger and get upset that the "other speaker" didn't work, I stopped taking him seriously.

22. addictive macrumors regular

Jonathan Morrison is better and more informative than Marques Brownlee.

23. MG999 macrumors regular