Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
What's funny is this video just like all the rest, you see way more prints on the matte black (and he had barely touched it). Maybe it doesn't look that way in person but every video Ive seen online the matte always looks more fingerprinty

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
What's funny is this video just like all the rest, you see way more prints on the matte black (and he had barely touched it). Maybe it doesn't look that way in person but every video Ive seen online the matte always looks more fingerprinty
That doesn't seem to be the case though. Jet Black definitely has more fingerprints every time.

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
Yes I do right at 1:14 and he barely touched it.
Maybe one tiny one barely (and that is being generous because there isn't anything that couldn't be a reflection going on there). All around the 2:20 mark the matte clearly has much more going on as far as prints and smudges.

Hell I got a matte but it was due to scratches and if I'm going to have to put a skin on anyhow I might as well get the one I can get quicker. These smudges in every matte video are somewhat concerning since matte surfaces don't wipe as easily as gloss with a swipe on a sleeve.
[doublepost=1473895781][/doublepost]
That's because everyone knows the Jet Black scratches and shows fingerprints easily. That's why they unconsciously treat it much more careful and try to not really touch the backside. On the other hand they use the matte black normal.

But he said the jet had more....

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Maybe one tiny one barely (and that is being generous because there isn't anything that couldn't be a reflection going on there). All around the 2:20 mark the matte clearly has much more going on as far as prints and smudges.

Hell I got a matte but it was due to scratches and if I'm going to have to put a skin on anyhow I might as well get the one I can get quicker. These smudges in every matte video are somewhat concerning since matte surfaces don't wipe as easily as gloss with a swipe on a sleeve.
[doublepost=1473895781][/doublepost]

But he said the jet had more....
He barely used the Jet Black and that is why there aren't barely any on it.

Reactions: BeeGood

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.

He handled the matte black more than the jet black one. He did the whole setup on the matte black.

Reactions: penajmz

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
He barely used the Jet Black and that is why there aren't barely any on it.
Did you even watch the part I mentioned??? It was literally 10-12 seconds after he opened it. Long before he did he setup. It's hard to have a discussion with someone who's mind is made up.

This dude on the video is the same guy who said this was the most slippery phone ever (which has been disputed and followed up on by people with far more credibility). He just likes to say what he thinks people want to hear so people watch him.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Did you even watch the part I mentioned??? It was literally 10-12 seconds after he opened it. Long before he did he setup. It's hard to have a discussion with someone who's mind is made up.

This dude on the video is the same guy who said this was the most slippery phone ever (which has been disputed and followed up on by people with far more credibility). He just likes to say what he thinks people want to hear so people watch him.
YOU seem to have tour mind made it. He was extremely careful handling the jet black when he took the plastic off making sure he didn't touch it and still got fingerprints on it.

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
YOU seem to have tour mind made it. He was extremely careful handling the jet black when he took the plastic off making sure he didn't touch it and still got fingerprints on it.

No. quite the opposite. I wanted the jet black, saw the scratches concern and decided to go matte black. I've watched every video and read every review that compared them and noticed that in almost every video matte looks worse while someone says something bad about jet black and doesn't even remotely address the same issue on matte. Saw the same (and posted the same) in the first hands on before I made the decision to change orders to matte so I know it's not something my order is influencing my decision. I honestly don't get it and when I comment on it to someone it's like arguing with my toddler. First there are more prints on the jet black, then when I say something it's "well he handled the other more so that's why there are more". Which is it? Either there are more like you say on jet black or there are more on matte because he handled it more. It's one or the other. This changing of the "facts" is something I deal with with my 5 year old.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
well the best part is that he has been quite objective - android or iphone.

one person i like the most she is Lisa Gade from Mobiletechreview... She has a good knowledge of tech but keeps it as simple that everyone can follow her and she is always testing the whole scenario of real life usage rather than only telling specs and benchmarks - specs can be read from the site of the manufacturer anyway...
She remove one of my comments that I corrected her on and linked it to the manufacturer's spec page. I unsubscribe from here channel after that!

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Some of the A10 Fusion reviews on the more technical sites have been jaw dropping. They pretty much all say Apple is all alone in advancing SoC for mobile devices. This is pretty amazing for a company that isn't a dedicated chip manufacturer. Anyway, pretty cool stuff on the A10.

Reactions: gebbl

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
Anyone else find it odd that the iPhone isn't on top when you open the box? That's a first!
Post Job's era ... Steve was all about the presentation / whoa factor and you want the phone to be the first thing a user seeing not documentation. Tim clearly does not have that mindset or at least is instilling that way of thinking into everyone around him. Look how the earbuds come wrapped in cardboard... bet investor will be happy that Apple saved 3cents. Regardless if anyone uses them daily it was about the presentation of the product.

Reactions: Ronnoco

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Post Job's era ... Steve was all about the presentation / whoa factor and you want the phone to be the first thing a user seeing not documentation. Tim clearly does not have that mindset or at least is instilling that way of thinking into everyone around him. Look how the earbuds come wrapped in cardboard... bet investor will be happy that Apple saved 3cents. Regardless if anyone uses them daily it was about the presentation of the product.
Those days are long gone unfortunately. Steve was an innovator and marketing genius. Tim is a retail channel guy. Cut costs whenever possible and get as many of them manufactured and to market as soon as possible. Big difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.