Where is the Install OS X Lion.app gone?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Bounce, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Bounce macrumors newbie

Upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion via the App Store. Is my Lion installer now deleted after the upgrade? I was hoping to burn a copy to a disc :eek:

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Yes it deletes it after you install. Ridiculous I know. It took me 20 hours to download it in the first place and now I have to download the poxy thing again.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

That was my experience and I've read about others having the same. Fortunately, I read those first and made a couple of backups first, before installing.

You'll probably have to download it again. When it auto-runs after download, just quit the installer app. Then proceed with backups of the Installer app.

4. Bounce thread starter macrumors newbie

Without getting dirty looks, I have the GM burned to a disk, I wanted to play around with Lion before it came out and then I went back to Snow Leopard and purchased Lion last night, only problem is that the upgrade feels sluggish and I want to do a clean install.

Is the GM definitely the exact same build byte for byte and if I do a clean install with that disc, will it work with my app store account and still say purchased and work exact same as burning the MAS version?

(I'm pretty sure the answer will be yes, just making sure :) )

5. revenent macrumors regular

Since you have already installed Lion you can go back to the app store and download the OS again by pressing Option followed by purchases. After it downloads, it is in your applications folder for you to back it up.

6. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

Well the build numbers are the same, so I'd say so. :)

7. Bounce thread starter macrumors newbie

My monthly download cap isn't looking too pretty after the first download :)

Must be the same so :)