Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Its great that we have iOS 5, BUT WHERE IS THE NEW IPHONE!? Does anyone else feel this way? I don't want to but a year old device, i want a "new" phone. Hope apple come out with it soon!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Nope, considering I have a perfectly functional 4 and don't see the need to drop $500 on a phone every year. Seriously, when did smartphones become a once a year purchase?

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Nope, considering I have a perfectly functional 4 and don't see the need to drop $500 on a phone every year. Seriously, when did smartphones become a once a year purchase?

Since I haven't gotten to get any of the previous iPhone, I want something new, not a year old... lol

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009

Just because you've had your iPhone 4 since launch date, it doesn't mean others have.

iOS 5 is not being released until fall. Thats when the iPhone 5 is supposedly going to come out as well (based on rumors). Makes sense if you ask me.

fungus

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
@unclefungus
You'll have to wait until September... er, I mean "Fall" as Apple stated it yesterday, just like all the rumors have been indicating for months.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I think it makes more sense to launch the iPhone at the iPod event anyway simply because iPod touch users can actually be surprised at the features for once instead of seeing what the iPod touch holds based on the June release of the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.