Where on earth the 4S Jail Break?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by billy3785, Oct 16, 2011.

1. billy3785 macrumors regular

billy3785

Any one know why we have a jail break for IOS 5 but it doesn't work on the new iPhone 4S. More importantly, when will it come????

2. justinwebb macrumors regular

different chip different hacking techniques, give it time the phone just came out. Otherwise learn to hack yourself and release a jailbreak.... not so easy any more is it

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Probably going to be a while. Comex is working for Apple, i0nic doesn't seem to care about jailbreaking, and the dev-team hasn't really released their own exploit since 24kpwn... I'm sure they're working on something right now, but they probably would've shown something off if it was anywhere near ready.

4. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Is the currently available tethered iOS5 JB available for the 4s or only for the ip4/3Gs?

5. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

6. labman, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Dev-team reported 5 exploits we available before the 4S released. Hackers get the new phones the same day as everybody else. Last year it was about 6 weeks before our 1st good jb for the i4. these things take time. to produce a stable jb experience. there are literally a hand full of jb hackers. I'm sure the Dev-team would love more people to properly jb. just relax the Ipad 2 also took a long time and the only successful jb is 4.3.3 both the Ipad 2 and 4s use the same A5 chip.

7. The Highlander macrumors 6502

There is one difference though... When the i4 came out, there were already talks of the progress of the jailbreak. Right now, we have NOTHING. They say they have 5 exploit but nothing that actually points that a jailbreak is being worked on.

Comex was working for the ONLY jailbreak available for the ipad 2. Now he works for Apple? Even if he doesn't I think he might be a bit scared to release something from where Apple could sue him.

If I were Apple, I'd hire them for a couple of months and make them sign whatever that would actually tie their knowledge to Apple and not release a Jailbreak.

This community right now is a little fragile.

8. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

I'm working on something right now. i just d/led Xcode. will advise.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

you are right in a sense. Hackers JB for for fun (the challenge) people whining and complaining has taking the fun out of it. That's what has caused the community to become fragile. that's one thing the hacking community has talked about many times. How ever I have seen this before and impatient people will never be patient. I will let the whiners alone a let you all whine.

10. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Thats why I went to android!! To much waiting for jailbreak. Amazing how androids have been doing this for years and when apple releases its freaken sexy and amazing. I was a die hard apple fan with a jailbroken phone since day one. A neighbored challenge me to use an android phone for a week and let him know what I thought. He bet I would not want to return to Iphone. Man he was right!! Have a galaxy s2 and does everything 4s will do and more. Infact much more. DOnt like the keyboard change it, dont like widget change it, on and on.

11. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

It will come when we go a full day without someone asking where the jailbreak is.

12. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

so it will never be out?

13. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Whining or not, its still a business for a lot, and maybe a bonus for others, so its still in the best interest of some to either promote the jailbreak or get the jailbreak done (think saurik and many of the developers that earn their living through tweaks). Look at what happened when the iPad 2 jailbreak was released. Comex got very little money out of it. It took so much time to develop that maybe people lost interest. Still, my guess is that not many jailbreakers have iPads.

That is why I encourage people to donate to the jailbreakers, that way, no matter the whine, the incentive is still enough.

----------

That means that by the end of november.

14. danielowenuk macrumors 6502

To be fair he didn't do too badly from it, he got a job with apple!

15. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Who would we even donate to? Dev-team refuses to accept donations on principle, Comex is not a jailbreaker anymore, only god knows what Geohot is upto, and I just don't trust Chronic enough to give them money.

16. TC25 macrumors 68020

Every time wither new hardware or a new release of iOS comes out, these same threads sprout like weeds, These threads are usually started by people who have no idea what it takes to produce a jailbreak, or even a clue how to run an application development project, because they think throwing more people and money at the problem will produce a jb faster.

The thread starters also assume the people with commercial interests in jailbreaking are not funding the initiative already. Of course, these same people also think whining about it will speed things up. So, their cluelessness spans a number of areas. :D

17. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

BAsed on your comment I can take it that you have been working so hard the past 5 days on the Jailbreak.. please let us know when you complete it :cool:

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

He got a internship at Apple unpaid. Just to also be fair.

19. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

It might even be a good thing the untethered JB for iOS5 isn't out yet, as I'm reading more and more people are reporting bugs with it... so maybe an Apple update 5.1 is just around the corner?!?

20. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    +1 for the whiners to give it a rest

we are lucky ppl out there work very hard to bring us a JB - and for free

I also agree with a 5.1 update to fix the multiple ios5 bug would be sensible time to release the JB - especially since siri is playing up

21. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I have to say, Siri is distracting me enough to not miss my jailbreak too much. Still, I miss my 5 Icon Dock and SB Settings.

22. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

problem with these threads are not the thread them self its people reply to them keeping them at the top, i know im essentially doing the same, but a thread with no replies gets buried fast on page 3

23. fs454 macrumors 65816

Yep. Still ridiculous that we can't just have one more icon down there without modification. All they'd have to do is move the badges 2 pixels over and there would be no issue whatsoever with the UI.

And no brightness slider in the pulldown menu? ....again ridiculous.

24. moargolems macrumors regular

People are so disrespectful to jailbreak hackers nowadays. It's a hobby, not a ****ing business.

25. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum