Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I had one in the saddle bag. And just as well, because I ended up with a flat shifter battery (CR2032) and nobody else had a spare one. Then I remembered I had the airtag in the saddle bag and raided that for the battery and borrowed a screwdriver from the Mavic mechanic so I could get the SRAM shifter battery compartment open.

Lucky. I had a long descent and was in a pretty low gear. So that got me down into Nice from the top of Col de Braus.

• Haha
Reactions: seanmccoye

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
Good thread. Discuss publicly where you will hide your protection device… it is like discussing your alarm code. Next discuss your home address.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
That’s fine, it’s probably somewhere else now. Or something else might be doing the same purpose.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Good thread. Discuss publicly where you will hide your protection device… it is like discussing your alarm code. Next discuss your home address.
If your bike gets stolen solely because you anonymously posted on an obscure thread where the not-really-a-tracking-device is on it, I feel like the thief sort of deserves the bike at that point. Especially considering it'll be locked up most of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: deeddawg

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
If your bike gets stolen solely because you anonymously posted on an obscure thread where the not-really-a-tracking-device is on it, I feel like the thief sort of deserves the bike at that point. Especially considering it'll be locked up most of the time.
Do You know that whatever you wrote does not make any logical sense whatsoever, don’t you? In fact it proves my point.

RonFromOregon

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
Bicycle Bell for Apple AirTag
bell.png

Reactions: mikedop

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
:rolleyes:

A smart thief is already going to think of all the likely hiding spots on their own, and the stupid thief isn't cruising MacRumors for tips on bicycle theft.

• Haha
Reactions: mikedop
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.