Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmbiguousNinja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
I'm thinking of buying an iPhone 4 because I doubt the next-gen will be "Radically redesigned." I need some advice as to where I'm going to buy the iPhone. Here's a little description of how I'm gonna use it etc:
-I'm going to use it near wi-fi so I don't need any/too much data.
-I will mainly be texting as opposed to talking. Unlimited texts+ 50 min. will be enough.
-I don't want to pay $60< a month :p
-I live in Canada (yay!)
-I don't mind paying $500 for the phone itself.

I know that Koodo will be offering the iPhone 4 for $500 and any one of their plans but their data plans are pretty unreasonable.

Sorry if there are a million threads like this but it's really hard to find personalized answers. Thanks in advance!

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Are you asking where you should buy your iPhone, or what plan you should get? (or both?). That might clear some things up a bit :)

Pmoser

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
I'm thinking of buying an iPhone 4 because I doubt the next-gen will be "Radically redesigned." I need some advice as to where I'm going to buy the iPhone. Here's a little description of how I'm gonna use it etc:
-I'm going to use it near wi-fi so I don't need any/too much data.
-I will mainly be texting as opposed to talking. Unlimited texts+ 50 min. will be enough.
-I don't want to pay $60< a month :p
-I live in Canada (yay!)
-I don't mind paying $500 for the phone itself.

I know that Koodo will be offering the iPhone 4 for $500 and any one of their plans but their data plans are pretty unreasonable.

Sorry if there are a million threads like this but it's really hard to find personalized answers. Thanks in advance!

I doubt there is any way to get a phone plan for under $60 unless you go prepaid.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Buy an iPhone from Kijiji that is either unlocked or is locked to the carrier that you wish to use it on. I always buy used, it sounds lame and cheap but you can easily save 100-150 off retail as well as the sales tax. This solution is if you want to go pre-paid or already have a contract.

If you're signing up for a new contract, you can get the iPhone 4 for <200 dollars subsidized on a 3 year, upgrade after 2 with most carriers. The carriers in my region (NB) that carry the iPhone are Bell, Telus, and Rogers.

Epic Orange

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Element X
apple.com

He is Canadian eh! You mean Apple.ca

@OP: Personally, why don't you try talking to some carriers that are in your Province... See if you can make a deal or see if you can try going to those general cellphone stores that can more than one carrier, because those stores usually give you better deals than the carrier stores themselves (in my experience).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.