Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theMarble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2020
Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant
Hi guys,

I was wondering where people find the 1.0GHz > CPU upgrades cards from Sonnet, PowerLogix, NewerTech etc... I had a search going for ~ 3 months now for anything and nothing has popped up at all, for any price.

I hear 68kmla's marketplace is a good place to find them, is that a good starting point? I don't want or need a 2.0GHz 7448 or anything like that.

Thanks for any help!

TheShortTimer

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2017
London, UK
Hi guys,

I was wondering where people find the 1.0GHz > CPU upgrades cards from Sonnet, PowerLogix, NewerTech etc... I had a search going for ~ 3 months now for anything and nothing has popped up at all, for any price.

I hear 68kmla's marketplace is a good place to find them, is that a good starting point? I don't want or need a 2.0GHz 7448 or anything like that.

Thanks for any help!

Many moons ago, I purchased a Sonnet CPU from eBay for my Sawtooth. There's always a few on there but they're now ridiculously overpriced. For example, here's one for sale right now but you could buy a G4 Mac with a 1Ghz CPU for a fraction of that price and still have plenty of cash left over.

Bug-Creator

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2011
Germany
Best guess atm. whatever for_sale site operates in your country, Graigslist in the US, ebay-Kleinanzeigen here in Germany.

Don't look for specific cards, but look for full systems or even bunch of systems at once and see if you can find any evidence of upgrades being present.

ervus

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2020
ebay is probably your best bet. I see there are several CPU upgrades for sale there right now. What machine are you looking to upgrade?

There are also several recent threads about CPU upgrades in this forum, like these:

Reactions: ak-78 and Amethyst1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.