Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Waterproof to 5m

Built-in projector capable of throwing a 4K image on a 110" diagonal screen at no less than 15 lumens (theater level).

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Why do you say that?

I know they are making one, seems like lots of cases are on the shelve but all LP tells everyone is "coming soon" I'm not wanting to buy a case now then buy a LP case later on. Guess it's good I'm not getting the 6+ till the end of the month.

cultaddict

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Apple seem to be drawing out their tiny little improvements over all these versions and sub - versions for no other reason than to get as much money from all the appleheads that "must have" the newest version. I'm getting a bit over the minimal improvements for new models. And my god the new Samsung is faster, bigger, life proof, better camera and android is getting better and better Faster than apple can keep up. Google have taken over from apple as the world's most valuable company for a reason. It's time to get past the Apple infatuation and realize that yes, they used to be the best but they're slow progression means Google, android and Samsung +++ are too formidable an opponent.
Staying with apple out of some snobberish loyalty won't reap any rewards - it's just business, and it's time to get behind the winner before your iPhone looks like a gameboy and your friends have transparent, bezel-less screens and don't notice you crying about it because they're too busy being awesome.
There's my rant.
Sent from iPhone. (Jokes)

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Apple seem to be drawing out their tiny little improvements over all these versions and sub - versions for no other reason than to get as much money from all the appleheads that "must have" the newest version. I'm getting a bit over the minimal improvements for new models. And my god the new Samsung is faster, bigger, life proof, better camera and android is getting better and better Faster than apple can keep up. Google have taken over from apple as the world's most valuable company for a reason. It's time to get past the Apple infatuation and realize that yes, they used to be the best but they're slow progression means Google, android and Samsung +++ are too formidable an opponent.
Staying with apple out of some snobberish loyalty won't reap any rewards - it's just business, and it's time to get behind the winner before your iPhone looks like a gameboy and your friends have transparent, bezel-less screens and don't notice you crying about it because they're too busy being awesome.
There's my rant.

Apple market capitalisation (as of 3 October): ~596.5 Billion.
Google market capitalisation (as of 3 October): ~389.1 Billion.

Apple revenue last quarter: ~37.4 Billion.
Google revenue last quarter: ~15.96 Billion.

Apple profit last quarter: ~7.7 Billion.
Google profit last quarter: ~3.42 Billion.

Given those numbers Apple may just be able to survive the rest of the calendar year before it has to shut down because of Google/Samsung competition.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Apple market capitalisation (as of 3 October): ~596.5 Billion.
Google market capitalisation (as of 3 October): ~389.1 Billion.

Apple revenue last quarter: ~37.4 Billion.
Google revenue last quarter: ~15.96 Billion.

Apple profit last quarter: ~7.7 Billion.
Google profit last quarter: ~3.42 Billion.

Given those numbers Apple may just be able to survive the rest of the calendar year before it has to shut down because of Google/Samsung competition.

Hahahaha that last statement brought the lols!

Good post too! It's true, Apple is doing just dandy with these "minor" improvements!

TheFirmBiz

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
What am I missing? Mostly just app developers not fixing their app so they it works well on the 6+. Other than that, there's honestly nothing that really comes to mind that I feel needs to be added or fixed.

Maybe improve the fingerprint sensor? Because sometimes at some angles it doesn't work on the first try. Maybe it needs to be a little bigger since there is so much bezel anyway.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
wireless charging does seem like the best "new" addition. although i imagine it may take more space than conventional wire.

the apple watch has wireless charging, no? i think this may come around in the next iteration ie the S version in a year.

apple likes to add something brand new to each S rather than only making things that already exist a little better.

the camera is good and although more pixels would be nice, it takes more than just a pixel count to make a good camera. my understanding is that the lens is just as important.

cypressc

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Austin, TX
the apple watch has wireless charging, no?

No, it doesn't.

Wireless charging would be huge. Or maybe some development that makes a single charge last a week.

How about integrating technology that tracks your eyes? Want to open the app in the upper left hand corner? Look at it.

I think additional innovations will work with the watch to integrate voice commands and activities happening. Imagine your iPhone as your car keys, so when you walk within a foot of the door, it unlocks automatically because it knows it's you. You get in and say "start" and it starts the car. Or you come home and voice commands working with your phone will turn on your TV, lights, A/C.

Finally, I wouldn't be surprised to see the form factor change. I don't know what the alternative is... but I am sure there is something between a watch and a rectangle phone that could shake up everything.

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
There's my rant.

It's posable that this could happen someday, but right now almost of this is just not true. The Google more valuable then Apple part is just not true at all (see the market cap numbers posted above).

Yes, other phones have nice features (I'd love a better camera and waterproofing), but Apple isn't going down. It seems like you've been reading too many clickbait articles. If it was really true that Apple was way behind Samsung, Samsung wouldn't be throwing out every type of "iPhones suck" ads to see what sticks.

This is really the worst time to breakout the "Apple is going down" lines. The Apple Watch could sell a lot, personally I'm not a huge fan so far, but Apple is adding a new product line so sales could be big.

I believe Apple Pay is going to be huge, it may take 1-4 years to get going, but I think it's going to be big. In the US alone, over $4 trillion is spent with credit and debit cards. Let's say Apple captures 0.5% of those, that's $20 billion through Apple Pay and Apple gets to keep $30 million of that. This is small factions of small fractions and it's still a lot of money that's almost free for Apple. And this is just for the in US which is really behind with credit/debit systems.

Just because Apple's success can't be explained by the writers of clickbait articles it doesn't mean Apple is failing. Apple updates have been on par with other Apple updates and they have announced two new revenue streams. Apple is doing just fine.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I think the screen sizes are going to stay the same for a while but we'll keep seeing thinner phones, better battery tech, camera, charging etc.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
I have the 6+ and it quite may be the perfect phone. I don't know that I want anything more. What is is missing for you of anything?

Smaller bezels or a bigger screen with the same footprint. The new nexus 6 will have a 5.9 inch screen with roughly the same footprint as the plus. The perfect iPhone would be a 6 inch screen with half the bezel size they current have all around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.