Where will the iPhone be in two years?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by upsguy27, Jul 25, 2008.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

In two years, what will happen to the iPhone? Obviously it's not going away, but what changes will be made? Will there be different versions of it? Will there ever be a CDMA version? What will happen?

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Not sure but can we assume MobileMe will be up by then?

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Two years from now Steve Jobs will announce the iPhone 4G. It'll start with 64GB and 128GB of memory. It'll run an iPhone OS and the new eleventh version of Mac's operating system. It'll also have Intel Atom quad-core processors and a 3.8" screen, One more bonus is a 10 megapixel camera with video, Apple's finally realized the photographer's appeal to the iPhone. Finally, it'll get 50 hours of audio, 15 hours of video, 10 hours of web browsing, and 25 hours of 4G talktime. Apple will announce that this is their last phone on ATT, and it'll be available in GSM and CDMA versions, for ATT and Verizon. Verizon will be the exclusive carrier for the rest of the iPhone's lifespan

I'm not trying to spread any rumors, but :p...

4. DanielQ macrumors member

1. Video Conferencing/Calls
    2. 80 gb/160 gb version
    3. 8 megapixel camera
    4. video recording (no limit)
    5. reliable battery? hah.

6. maybe by then ATT will have established a decent network with more widespread 3g reception...

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I laugh'd.

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Highly unlikely.

7. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

8. LinMac macrumors 65816

I would say it would be on eBay as people prepare to buy the iPhone version released in 2010.

9. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

In 2 years, the iPhone will have a special hardware button. Upon pressing the button, you can hear Steve Jobs say .... "Boom"!

10. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Damn. I wanted automatic "booms". Like when Google Maps finds drops a pin you hear "Boom". You enter a site quickly, you hear "boom". And the list goes on...

Maybe in the iPhone after that?

11. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

iphone nano is coming obviously.

i dont think we will see 128gb versions because that would cut into apples other product lines.

i think it will get faster processor with better OS and so on.

12. LiveForever macrumors 6502

Screen on front and back.

Multi tasking

128Gig plus

Front and rear camera

8MP Camera with flash

13. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

It will probably go the way of the iPod and split off into different models, until most of the middle class have one, around here at least!

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

im not sure when but i think the iPhone will pretty much be a Mac with >1 GHz mulitple core processor, >1 GB RAM, 100 GB Flash memory and a mobile network with speeds up to 1 Gb/s… all about the G's :D… iPhone 5G, 6G?

15. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

You're ALL wrong. In two year, the iPhone will have been superseded by the Google Android phones, who will beat the iPhone in software functions as well as hardware specs. Mark my words.

16. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

^ this is where will the iPhone be not the Android! :confused::rolleyes:

the iPod is still around and much more advanced even though other companies tried to beat it.

17. LiveForever macrumors 6502

google android-nahhh sorry.

By the time its launched there will be 1000's of apps people would have invested time and money in.

Google stop now. Android will be like a fly bouncing off the wind screen of the Road Train which is iphone.

18. mkoesel macrumors regular

19. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

In two years, AT&T will have finally notified me to come in and pick up my DF order for the 16GB iPhone 3G Black, but I will notice it has a scratch and return it. Since they will no longer make them, I will have to cancel my order and place another DF order for the latest version of the iPhone and the circle of evil will be complete. :eek:

20. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Seriously though, in two years I see the iphone morphing into a suppository with a 5 MP camera and a 32GB hardrive. You can order it in black or white.

21. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Next year the iPhone will have its first round of computing hardware upgrades. By this I mean primarily a better processor, better graphics chip and better memory. This will be a boon to the developers who will quickly find a way to push the iPhone's performance to the limit.

They'll also get around to a better camera, but I don't know if that means flash, optical zoom, or what. Of course they'll go to 32 GB sometime in the next 12 months, and 64 GB around winter 2009-2010.

But that's next year, not two year. So to answer your question, I don't know.

22. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I wonder if we will see the start of an evolution in the world of cell phones where there is truly world coverage without roaming fees or access issues. One phone for all networks. :)

I can dream can't I?

:)

That is what I call optimism. ;)

:D

23. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

copy and paste? :p

Wimax will probably be included but I doubt 4G will in 2 years time. I also don't think they will redesign the iPhone until 2 yrs later but they will keep updating the FW (soft updates to introduce new features - reason for lack of physical buttons) and rely on 3rd pary apps to bring them through. Perhaps increase capacity along the way.

24. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

too bad verizon sucks

25. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

To be serious, I expect the iPhone to have much more space and I expect speeds to be 5x what they are now....how? No idea but maybe upgrading 3G lines and upgrading speeds that the phone will be able to handle

Also, I expect games to take massive leaps in the next few years if not months in what they are able to do

Games now are very fun but basic and it is only a matter of time before more and more games come out that are excellent, long-lasting games