Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Just got iOS 13.1 on my iPad. Bought a trial of Apple Arcade. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the game options!

The topic is simple: Which Apple Arcade game are you playing?

I just started trying Sayonara Wild Hearts (from the Keynote)

Mods: Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Woahhhh I LOVE Apple Arcade! This is so awesome. Total purchase! Oceanhorn 2 and Overland. Such high quality games, it feels like My iOS devices just got upgrades to full fledged gaming consoles!! Finally no pay to win nonsense anymore but real games. Just wow!

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Ok, now that there is a permanent home for Apple Arcade related topics, and it seems that there is not that much traffic in the threads I have seen so far, i'll try to (re-)start the conversation with this one. To be honest I was inspired by the: "The Nintendo Switch Console Thread" in the Console Games sub section of the forums, so feel free to post all about Apple Arcade right here...

Ok just to start with something:
My favorite Apple Arcade game at the moment is Oceanhorn 2 (Action Adventure) I like to play it on my iPad Air 3 / iPad Pro 11” or AppleTV 4k with a supported controller. The Air 3 and the Pro are up to the task, unfortunately the Apple TV4k is not. I hope that Apple decides to upgrade the :apple:TV4k to at least an A12x.

Apple Arcade Games I also played and liked:
Agent Intercept (Action/Racing) - I do not play this regularly but occasionally I like to play a mission on my iPhone.
Spaceland (Turn Based Tactics) - Started this game yesterday, nice quick fix for people who like turn based tactical games. I recommend playing this on an iPad because I think it is much easier to select the right character or field on the bigger screen.

Personally I do not see myself as a big gamer, but usually like to play a game at times, and can do so extensively, then stop for longer periods of time. I somehow re- discovered gaming with my Nintendo Switch because I could take it anywhere and was not tied to the room where my PS4 Pro is located.

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
I have greatly enjoyed the following games so far:
- What The Golf
- Where Cards Fall
- INMOST
- Cat Quest II
- Dear Reader
- Neo Cab
- Sneaky Sasquatch
- tint
- The Pinball Wizard
- LEGO Builder's Journey
- Assemble With Care
- Lifelike

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Just „finished“ Oceanhorn 2 (76% so i could try to solve more quests...), there should be a content update in 2020 so i’ll probably wait for that. So now i can begin with Breath of the Wild on my Switch...

I already heard some good things about Cat Quest II before, so maybe i will give it a try at some point.

It really helps that i can continue games / still play these games when one of my kids is around. Can‘t do that with God of War on the PS4...

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Anybody tried out „No Way Home“ yet? I‘m usually not into shooters, but strangely I like this one.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
Finally finished Oceanhorn 2 so I am looking for other games but Butter Royale is gotten my interest as my next one.

gamma_x

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2020
I’m really liking Butter Royale. Twin stick shooter take on a battle royale. Games are quick and fun!

I also have played a ton of What the Golf.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Bought a trial of Apple Arcade. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the game options!

I thought of try it out myself as well but haven't yet. I did notice it only has '100+' games in Apple Arcade which seemed limited to me or am I missing something?

Paint ball wizard and red reign are fun as hell so far.

I did look at Red Reign since I'm a fan of the classic RTS (Warcraft II/III) genre and had high hopes that this would be a nice game but it seems very limited in building options, control of the individual warriors instead of complete troops. The warriors only seem to walk on the roads and the map is much too small and the enemy is too close in my opinion. It feels a bit too much as a tower defense kind of game instead of an RTS which I hoped it would be.

Outlanders does seem interesting though on Apple Arcade as far as building up a village and get resources.

Do you happen to know a true fantasy/medieval RTS game like WCII on Apple Arcade?

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
I thought of try it out myself as well but haven't yet. I did notice it only has '100+' games in Apple Arcade which seemed limited to me or am I missing something?
Why not use your free trial month to try out/play the games you like, then cancel when nothing interesting is left?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Why not use your free trial month to try out/play the games you like, then cancel when nothing interesting is left?

I might still do that yes. Can you cancel your subscription right after you subscribed? I don't think I will keep the subscription in addition to all my other subscriptions I already have on apps.

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Started to play „Beyond a Steel Sky“ today, looks good on the iPad Pro, not so good on the Apple TV 4K. Apple should really update the ATV4K to a newer generation Processor.

kev0626

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2020
McKinney, TX
Has anyone that has played Pinball Wizard done so on the M1 MBA? It was my first game and I was astonished that playing an arcade game would require Rosetta. Also some of the text is messed up under Rosetta (scores mainly). Game still plays fine though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.