Which Apple Store will you be going to?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guru_ck, Jun 13, 2008.

1. guru_ck macrumors 6502

Which Apple Store will you be going to and how early?

I'm in Nor Cal and planning on bouncing between all my Apple Stores if I have to. I'm defiantly not going to AT&T... they were a nightmare last year and only had about 50 phones.

So for me it'll be:
    -- Los Gatos
    -- Valley Fair
    -- Oakridge
    -- Palo Alto (Downtown)
    -- Palo Alto (Stanford)

In that order :)

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I am gonna go to an at&t store, it will prolly be a lot less crowded and have a much smaller line

3. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

There are no Apple stores in NZ, so it'll have to be a Vodafone shop.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

San Francisco Apple Store, One Stockton Street, SF, CA USA or Bay Street Apple Store, Emeryville, CA USA, whichever has the shorter line at 8:00am PDT. :p

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

AT&T are getting your business whether you like it or not, pretty pointless making an empty stand against them when you're buying a handset they subsidise (for all intense and purposes Apple are now just an AT&T retail outlet) on a contract and service they run :rolleyes:

I think rolex54 has the right idea, personally.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If I were to go to an AT&T Store, would they have AppleCare available? I've always bought AppleCare on the spot at the Apple Stores. :confused:

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

I think that they do. You could always call ahead and ask. They would know since if they carried it with the 2.5G, they'd probably have it with the 3G. If not, though, you could always order it online after you buy the phone. You've got a year to buy it.

8. jreed macrumors newbie

Yes they do. i bought mine from an AT&T store last June in Tallahassee. I have apple care with mine. Im in school in Atlanta, so I will probably go to the Apple store at the Lenox Mall Location. If not there Ill take a look across the street and see how the At&t store crowd looks.

9. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Omaha, Village Point Apple store at opening (if they have them at opening) or an AT&T store right by my house.

10. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I will probably go to the Apple store at the St. Johns Town Center here in Jacksonville, FL.

11. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

12. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

It will have to be an AT&T store for me, unless the gen 1 keeps going up in price on eBay. I bought a 16Gb on 6/10 brand new from AT&T and will be able to return it until 8/1 for a 10% restocking fee. Then I can upgrade to the 16Gb 3G phone for 299.

13. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I am lucky. I have 2 Apple stores and 3 AT&T stores within 5 miles of my house.
    I will go to the same Apple Store in the Promenade at Marlton where I waited 12.5 hours last year. There is also an AT&T store in the same shopping center approx. 200 yards away. I'll keep posted on any potential line forming there.
    The Apple employees were great last year, bringing us water and bagels throughout the day.

At about 5PM; The Apple employees told the line (200 plus) last year, that "we have you all covered"
    He could not tell us how many phones he had, but let us all know there was no need to rush the door or panic at 6PM. The store let 20 people in at a time and it took me about 3 minutes to buy 2 iphones. (I was number 11)

14. guru_ck thread starter macrumors 6502

Last year I went to an AT&T store at 4PM, waited 2 hours + 1 more when the store opened. The employees didn't have the courtesy to tell anyone in line that they only had 50 in stock. Not to mention that they let us all stand in line for another 30 minutes before they mentioned that they were out of stock. That pissed me off. I ended up going down the street to the Apple store and there were around 200 people in line but they were serving free Starbucks and had security controlling the line. I was in and out of the Apple store in 30 minutes.

My point is if it's going to be anything like last year AT&T stores aren't going to get many devices. If people are shooting to get one on launch day then I'd recommend hitting an Apple Store or lining up at an AT&T store very very early.

Yes, your right. I'm giving AT&T my money regardless of how I buy the iPhone. I was simply trying to express that I didn't like the way they handled things at my AT&T Store last year so I won't be giving them the benefit of the doubt this time around.

15. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Ahhh....I miss the Bay Area.....Lived in Walnut Creek for 7 years, they have a great Apple store. For all of you Bay Area folks, you should check it out, probably less crowded than the SF stores. And just a 30 minute BART ride from SF. And then probably just a half mile walk from the BART.

16. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

The only Apple store is about 10 miles from me and while thats not too far, the store is ALWAYS packed so I'll be avoiding it and going to the AT&T store thats only about 1,000 feet from where I work in north Orlando, FL :)

17. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I live in Montgomery County, MD and there are two Apple stores to choose from (and another in DC). There is also an AT&T store just two miles from my house in Germantown. I would rather go there but now I'm beginning to be concerned about stock...

What time did the phone go on sale last year? Was it the time the store opened or was there a simultaneous launch everywhere in the US?

18. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure they went on sale at 6pm. They closed down the stores for about 2 hours tog et ready for the launch, but this time around I don't think it will be so serious. I really hope they will have them when the store opens but I read somewhere that this launch will "mirror last year's launch" so that probably means 6pm again.

19. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

there is an at&t store directly across the street from my neighborhood, so ill be there, pending my parents allowing me to get the phone

20. nick9191 macrumors 68040

If it is being offered in Apple stores in the UK, then Lakeside, Essex. If not then an O2 store.

21. iSaga macrumors regular

See you there, dude. That is where I will be.

22. radiogod69 macrumors member

Ditto, theres two ATT wireless stores in my city alone, and one of them is only 3 miles away which I believe is located next to a local starbucks, so I can get coffee while I wait in line for my phone on 7/11.

23. cjandnw macrumors 6502

Cool!

Want to by a RAZR?

24. iSaga macrumors regular

Eh, I used a RAZR for the last time when I got the original iPhone. Never again will I use that crappy ass phone, by far the worst phone I ever had and I have had some bad ones.

25. cjandnw macrumors 6502

:D
    :D

Ha! Thought you'd get a kick out of that.
    I sold my Original iPhone and have been suffering with this RAZR since June 2. It's actually my sister-n-law's.

The worst phone I ever had was the Motorola MPX220. It was the upgrade to the MPX 200, which was fantastic.

I'll put it on EB and CL for her when I get the iPhone3G. She just upgraded to a Blackjack.