Which Apple Watch are you getting?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by john991, Sep 13, 2017.

?

Which Apple Watch 3 are you getting?

1. Apple Watch series 3 (no cellular)

29 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. Apple Watch series 3 (cellular)

86 vote(s)
    61.0%
  3. Apple Watch series 3 (Nike)

14 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Apple Watch series 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not upgrading or purchasing Apple Watch

14 vote(s)
    9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. john991 macrumors 68000

Are you getting an Apple Watch this year, if so which model?

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I'll be upgrading my S0 to an S3 Apple Watch Sport w/ GPS+Cellular this year. Can't wait for it. My S0 was great but it's time to go. Battery can't even get me through a full day anymore and the slowness is maddening.

3. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

If I can get the ss without paying AT&T then series 3, if not then series 2

4. Cashmonee macrumors 65816

Cashmonee

Upgrading my Series 0 SS to a Series 3 SS. Really excited about the jump!

5. edhchoe, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

first smart watch.
    LTE for me.

I thought about getting a ceramic version but someone asked how long i plan to keep it. I thought about it and I want to upgrade every year since the technology seems to make a progress each year. So I am getting an aluminum version.

6. Ellennify macrumors newbie

Ellennify

I have a series 1 and will be looking to go Series 3 without cellular. Hoping for a bit longer battery, water resistance and better heart rate monitor. Don't think I will require the cellular option as I'm rarely without my phone. So pumped.

7. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

SS 42mm LTE for me

If it had the podcast app it would be perfect.

I always jam pack as much music on my watch as I can so I'm looking forward to having double the storage.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Series 2 is discounted B&H Photo if you're interested.

9. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

Apple had series 2 refurbished and they're only ss and best buy had refurbished series 2 ss too. I'll check out B&H thanks

10. geekiemac macrumors 6502

geekiemac

My own S0 works perfectly - I still manage a full day (workout included) with 30-40% battery left.
    And yet, I'll go with a S3 because I need the waterproof feature. I had to stop running due to a sore foot and have now started swimming, and I'd like to track my workouts with my Apple Watch.
    I had hoped to replace my aluminium S0 with a SS model (GPS only), but of course Apple decided not to provide that version. :mad:
    So I either go with S3 GPS aluminium or S3 GPS+Cellular SS. Still haven't made up my mind, though. :(

11. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

I always said I wouldn't bother with Hermés again but the new Hermés Marine Gala Single Tour Èperon d'Or looks incredible in the images

12. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Series 3 cellular no brainer, but is there NIKE version?

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As a runner, I'm thinking the Nike version which offers some custom watch faces is the one I'm going to opt for.

I've said this in a number of threads, but the amount of calls I've taken on my S0 now, can be counted on one hand, so why spend more money to buy it, and increase the cost of my verizon bill if I don't need too. My phone is on me, or close proximity for nearly the entire day.

14. geekiemac macrumors 6502

geekiemac

15. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Series 3 Cellular for me, upgrading from a Series 2. Space Grey with the Dark Grey band. Already have the black band so why get it again.

16. phoenixcat macrumors newbie

phoenixcat

I'm going from a s0 to a Nike LTE 42mm space grey. Really looking forward to the gps, lte and waterproofing. Also just picked myself up some AirPods so all I want now is for podcasts and audible on the watch and I can go to the gym phone free. I usually do weights and use the fitness point app on the watch, it's brilliant.

My s0 is the aluminium gold. Looks like they have turned the aluminium gold into a women's watch as it now only comes with a rose gold band.

17. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

18. 1sazim, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

1sazim macrumors member

I'm upgrading my launch day SS Series 0 watch to the S3/cellular/gps. I'm running watchOS4, and am happy with my battery life, so that's not the reason. I would like the additional health options on the S3. However, the ONLY reason I'm getting cellular is because I want stainless steel and cannot get without cellular.

19. bigboy98 macrumors newbie

Does anyone think in order to get the Apple Watch series 3 non LTE, I would need too be up at 3am to preorder?

20. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

looking at the survey result up above, LTE will account for 59% of the aw3 sold.
    if anything there will be a shortage of lte models.

21. RyCan3 macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

I am still going back and forth on if I want the LTE space grey or not. I'm thinking of getting the LTE just in case I decide to activate it. I would like to see reviews on how people use LTE version over the GPS.

22. Cnasty macrumors 68040

Cnasty

I was leaning just getting a heavily discounted series 2 as I do not need the LTE.

BUT I think I want to get the SS 42MM LTE model for resale value alone and also probably not even activate the LTE.

Stinks they don't have a non-LTE SS model.

23. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

If the battery life in everyday use is pathetic then the resale of LTE models will do down the drain.

24. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Go buy the band once they start selling it.

25. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I'm getting the cellular model and may not even activate it, I will never get a composite back again, ceramic back is a must, the added cost is worth that alone.

My original watch with composite back had some scratching, my series 2 is perfect still.

I also think 10 a month is too much considering it's a companion device with the same number, it's not like getting a plan for an iPad.