Which browser are you using?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by helix21, Sep 8, 2009.

?

Which browser do you primarily use?

1. Safari 4

70 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Firefox 3.5

55 vote(s)
    39.6%
  3. Chrome 4.0

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Opera 10

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Camino

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. IE8 (couldnt resist)

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  1. helix21 macrumors regular

I personally am using chrome for mac nowdays in snow leopard. Why? Safari has gone into idiot mode with flash, safari adlblock no longer works (in 64bit) and it seems to take too much memory at times, which my 2GB system cant handle
    Firefox is so-last-generation. After using safari and chrome firefox seems miles slower at almost everything. I do however use it for its excellent addons

So, which browser are you primarily using nowadays? (snow leopard or otherwise?)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you search the forums, you'll find dozens of threads on this topic. We don't need another one.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Im using last generation browser named firefox.

two generation earlier browser is still better than the pre-alpha internal test build of chrome for mac.

and seems only unstable choice of your list is chrome. Does stability not matter for anybody anymore?

5. helix21 thread starter macrumors regular

I know, i have Mroogled it but none of them have chrome as an option. The developments there cannot be overlooked

6. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Same.

Although, I find it only slightly more tolerable than FF

7. yoavcs macrumors regular

Nightly Mac Chromium builds. Waiting for the 64-bit version and for a compatible QuickTime plug-in.

Safari is the most advanced technology-wise, and fastest, but sadly its UI has gone down Crappy Lane. It hurts me to see Apple, the masters of UI, come out with something so obviously lacking in its UI even MS employees could tell Apple how to fix it.

Firefox is pure, unadulterated *****.

8. yoavcs macrumors regular

Officer, may I see your "MacRumors PD" badge please? Do you have a warrant to intrude into this thread?

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

10. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

What does a MacRumors doctor have to do with anything? :confused:

11. helix21 thread starter macrumors regular

12. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

developments? what developments? is there a public beta or alpha google is offering?

whats the advantages of encouraging general users to use buggy products? to reduce productivity intentionally?

13. yoavcs macrumors regular

MacRumors PD = Police Dept.

All those self-appointed gits patrolling the forums and informing people if their posts live up to some imaginery standard of appropriateness or uniqueness.

Aside from that, Arn is an MD.

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes. It's called a MacRumors membership.
    I'm not "minimodding". I'm pointing out that there are plenty of threads where this topic... including Chrome... have been thoroughly discussed. Many posters aren't aware of that and many don't have a clue how to effectively search. If you do, that's great, but it's impossible to know in advance.

My intent is not to scold or discourage anyone from posting questions. Many who are new to the forums aren't aware that searching the forums can many times bring an answer to their question faster, since common subjects have been discussed at length and common questions have already been answered. Also, some may not be aware that using MRoogle will many times reveal answers that are missed by the standard MR search. My purpose is to help posters find existing answers to their current questions, and also show them tools to find answers to future questions more effectively.

15. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

By the way, GGJstudios, you never told us what browser you're using.

16. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you searched, you'd know.

17. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I MRoogled for "GGJstudios favorite browser", but I didn't get any results. :confused:

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

LOL! See? That's my point exactly! People don't know how to search effectively!

19. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Used Safari before SL but now because there's no working adblocker, I'm using Firefox. Personally I like Safari a lot more than FF, it's so fast!

20. durija macrumors 6502

I have to agree that you're off the mark, GGJstudios. I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting a current opinion poll. So many browsers are available and it seems they change every few months now.

For example, I'd been an Opera user for a couple of years, so the last time I took a poll here, that's what I selected. Since Safari 4, I've switched. The world is not static, especially not the internet world.

Please, let the man have his poll in peace.

21. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

As a person who follows the browser poll thread closely, let me just tell you that he/she uses safari.
    you have a point, then OP:

change your option to "unofficial chrome 4 pre-alpha build", since there is obviously no such thing as chrome for mac ver 4 from google.

22. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

23. helix21 thread starter macrumors regular

You could use safari adblock in 32bit mode. There isnt much difference in speed so its a sacrifice worth making for no ads

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Safari on my Mac

Although recently, I've gotten early copy of Google Chrome, and its a nice change I like to use once in a while

Chrome on my PC, FireFox is decent too

25. JasNature macrumors newbie

I use Opera 10.0 mostly... i find myself using FF cause of trackpad shortcuts like forward and back and top n bottom of page scrolls with 3 finger swipes... safari i will use every now n then... depends on what i am doing with what browser i use...