Which browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bdx33, May 7, 2008.

?

Vote for your favorite browser

1. Safari

76 vote(s)
    49.7%
  2. FireFox

51 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Opera

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Other

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Bdx33 macrumors member

curruntly im using safari but im switching to firefox v3 as soon as v3.0.1 is out
    i cant use v2 because of its memory issues. Opera seems to be a good alternative but i didnt test it yet

2. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Opera, because its leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else in inovation. Whenever a new feature comes to Firefox, the odds are Opera had it earlier or does it better. Plus, the new beta of 9.50 is awesome.

3. martychang macrumors regular

Seamonkey. It has mail, newsgroups, IRC, and a web debugging/dev tools built in, and has a surprisingly small footprint. It is based on Firefox technology and is compatible with many firefox extensions. It also has lots of easy access to power features, like menu items to adjust policies on cookies and other stuff for the current site through the Tools menu, no config/preference window needed.

It just needs Bittorrent integration like Opera has :|

4. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Safari here. I like it because it ties in well with OS X, and behaves like an OS X app should. I like Firefox too, but it's just that on OS X it's always seemed too ported and clunky. Firefox is my browser of choice on Windows, though.

5. jcs1088 macrumors regular

I was a Firefox user but have been using safari lately. The only thing I don't like about Safari is the download window is a pop up and doesn't go away after the downloads are finished and doesn't have a sound notification. I got used to using Download Statusbar on Firefox.

6. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

safari on my macbook so i can sync my bookmarks with my iphone. i still use firefox on windows though.

7. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

Firefox 3 beta. I can't live without the 10 or so plug-ins which simply don't exist for other browsers.

8. MacAodh macrumors regular

9. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

At home, Omniweb.

At work, it was Firefox 3 until this morning, when I discovered a 100% repeatable crasher on a site that I need to access regularly. I've dumped it for now in favour of Firefox 2 but it's just too clunky for everyday use imho, so I'm making do with Safari and hoping that a FF3 nightly that solves the problem isn't too far away....

10. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I use Firefox as my primary browser, but I also use Safari as a secondary browser for those few times Firefox doesn't work well on a specific site. My biggest pet peeve with Firefox is its total inability to resume stopped downloads from where they were stopped. Safari can do this, but not Firefox. (At least Firefox 2.0.0.14, not tried Firefox 3 yet) :(:mad:

11. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Safari 99% of the time, Firefox very occasionally when a site doesn't play nice.

12. walnuts macrumors 6502

Camino for me too!

Though, I find its been a tad slower to load on leopard vs. tiger, and I have some rendering issues, (at macrumors no less!) on one of my two leopard macs. Very odd, but still my top browser.

P.S.- Can we add Camino to the poll please?

13. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Firefox 3 would.
    It would actually resume it, even after you restart firefox, or reboot the computer.:)

14. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Thank you clevin, one less reason to use Safari, once FF3 is released :D

15. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

16. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Firefox and Safari. I go back and forth every week or so. If FF zoomed instead of maximized, Id drop safari for good. I know that Im never ever going to get my one wish for firefox.

17. Plusbits macrumors member

Plusbits

I use Flock, currently at version 1.1.2, and have been doing so since v0.4.3
    It's a great browser, very similar to Firefox and based on Mozilla, but has a lower memory footprint and is compatible with almost all Firefox extensions, but has loads more of it's own for blogging and uploading photo's and videos. Basically the perfect web browser in my opinion

18. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

same here, although i did switch back to safari for a bit.

the only thing lacking is the ability to sync with camino across computers, and i wish there was a way to sync it easier with safari too (just for iphone syncing)

20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Just got my new machine up and running...I installed FireFox but am currently using Safari. It feels snappier. I'll probably switch back to FireFox for the extensions though.

21. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

I've been using the latest nightly build of FireFox 3.0 beta ever since I downloaded it. I still use Safari a little and Safari is a great browser under OS X but there's a few little things that annoy me about it like the way in which it renders and loads images and things on a website. It's kinda like Internet Explorer, it downloads the whole image before it displays anything. Also I really like FireFox 3.0's sleek new look and the advanced URL bar.

22. Pucas macrumors member

Pucas

I use Safari because i think it's so fast and easy to use :)
    - It's all i need.

23. Caezar macrumors 6502

I would like to use Safari, but it is not compatible with StumbleUpon, which I am addicted to. So I fell back on Firefox...

24. sash macrumors 6502a

sash