Which carrier does Jobs use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpossoff, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Which version does Jobs use?

1. ATT

48 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. VZW

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Both

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi is there any evidence which carrier Jobs uses and/or Apple's executives?

Which version do you think he uses and/or Apple's execs or employees and why?

2. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Who cares?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, who cares. I use the carrier that best fits my needs and for that its AT&T. For the money I'm giving them, I have zero brand loyalty, if I can get a better deal with VZW, and have the same speed, coverage. Then I'd go with them

4. C0bra K0mmander macrumors regular

C0bra K0mmander

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Well said....However, I would really hate to give up my yearly upgrade eligibility. :D

6. Jack105 macrumors member

Glad to hear you didn't understand the question but instead had to tell us why you have the carrier you do. It's a simple question the OP asked, I'm curious of these things too. You have someone as large as Steve Jobs and knowing what carrier or device or what have you they use puts them on the same level as us for a brief moment. I would guess At&t. Is he subject to a contract as well?

7. stev3n macrumors 6502

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The idea of his post was that Steve uses what works for him, which might not work for you (or the OP in this case).

9. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

If not both, probably ATT. Why would a CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world have a phone that you can't use overseas?

10. 184550 Guest

Agreed, I would say ATT for this reason alone.

11. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

12. Beezy macrumors regular

Who cares? The OP obviously. I agree though. They dont give a crap about their customers so I dont give a crap about them. I have had ATT for 8 years but they wouldnt care if I left tomorrow. Pretty typical of big business these days. The customer is always wrong! Verizon customers sure seem to love dropping arms and legs at their doorstep tho lol.

13. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

As Steve has a reality distortion field, he can bend the phone calls to his will and make them travel directly to anyone else's phone without even using a carrier. :p

14. Darthdingo, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011

Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I would think Jobs uses the competition to test and play around with, WinMo7, Palm2, Android.

But his daily driver would be a rooted EVO 4G with custom ROM. There is no better phone ever created by man yet. Except the upcoming EVO 2 of course, using the back engineered technology from alien tech, Google found in Hanger 18, at Area 51.

Realistically, Steve is using the new T-Mobile iPhone5, and testing it out before it's release in June.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I'm sure they use the carrier that best fits their needs like the rest of us.

16. Savor Suspended

Savor

Google Qualcomm Gobi on the Verizon's iPhone 4.

Considering I rarely see him change his clothes, I doubt he travels much. I personally think he is testing the first global iPhone w/ dual radios & LTE-ready. Apple wants to make ONE iPhone and not sell them as the GSM one and the CDMA one.

He can always get handed an iPhone that works for that carrier if he does travel. He really wouldn't need an unlocked GSM version. Another iPhone is like free candy to him that he can easily dispose. He will never run out of iPhones to carry around.

17. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Att

I spoke to Steve today at the iPad event and he does indeed use ATT. He knows it is the better network.

18. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Steve Jobs doesn't have a phone. He has a personal servant that follows him around everywhere who does all his communication.

19. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

20. rotlex macrumors 6502a

He doesn't use a carrier. He uses a special satellite version of the iPhone. (To be introduced to the public immediately following the demise of all cellular carriers after the great wars).

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I understood perfectly. My point is that I could care less of what carrier Jobs uses and opt to describe that I choose mine based on the carrier meeting my needs and not whether Steve Jobs uses it. If Jobs uses VZW, great, but it doesn't matter because he's using the iPhone. In many ways the carrier is immaterial.

22. scottnj1966 macrumors member

He has a special model built just for him.
    It uses any carrier that he pleases.