Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
That looks really nice! I’m wondering if dust will collect under the clear back? Have you noticed any? How long have the cases been on the phones! Thanks!

Too early to tell yet. I used a can of compressed air to remove as much dust from the case and phone prior to install. The Ultra Hybrid has been on my iPhone 11 Pro for about 12 hours now. Still no dust under the clear back. Time will tell though. I'll update after this weekend.

devinh

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I have two cases for my iPhone 11 Pro. The Smartish Pro Armor case and the Mous Contour with the speckled black leather. I sometimes switch between the two cases, but the Mous case is definitely my preferred one since it doesn’t add very much bulk at all and is just a joy to hold on to.
Hi, have been thinking of the Smartish Pro Armor. Likes and dislikes? Thanks.

Ciddix

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2020
Hi, have been thinking of the Smartish Pro Armor. Likes and dislikes? Thanks.
I very much like the feel of the case. The texture and finger grooves are very nice. What I don’t like so much is that it is much bulkier than my Mous Contour. It does have a very nice lip around the front and the corners seem plenty robust. But, it is a bit of a thicker case. I’d probably compare it to one of the thicker OtterBox cases.

devinh

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I very much like the feel of the case. The texture and finger grooves are very nice. What I don’t like so much is that it is much bulkier than my Mous Contour. It does have a very nice lip around the front and the corners seem plenty robust. But, it is a bit of a thicker case. I’d probably compare it to one of the thicker OtterBox cases.
Good to know, thanks. I have an obsession with cases (as with many on this forum). Thanks again for the info.

Ciddix

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2020
Good to know, thanks. I have an obsession with cases (as with many on this forum). Thanks again for the info.
Not a problem at all. And trust me. I do as well. I just had to limit myself with the 11pro because I had so, so many cases for my 8. I’m still mad at Spigen because they only made the 10th anniversary 3G looking case for the 8, 8+, and 10.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Post-weekend update on my Spigen Ultra Hybrid cases:

- surprisingly zero dust or fine hairs have collected in between the transparent back and actual back of iPhone.
- still really enjoy the fit of this case. Provides moderate drop protection and it's very slim IMO.
- buttons are very tactile.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
Post-weekend update on my Spigen Ultra Hybrid cases:

- surprisingly zero dust or fine hairs have collected in between the transparent back and actual back of iPhone.
- still really enjoy the fit of this case. Provides moderate drop protection and it's very slim IMO.
- buttons are very tactile.

Thanks for the follow up!

Reactions: twx

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Just received a black Otterbox Symmetry in the mail for my Pro Max. I had one for my XS Max and I forgot how this case has the perfect amount of protection, perfection amount of slimness, perfect amount of grip and amazing button feedback. Also my hands can get very oily sometimes, so it’s very rare I find a case that doesn’t show the oil. I don’t know why I continually stray from this case!

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Bored at home this weekend. Ordered the classic black Solidsuit case by Rhinoshield. Heard lots of positive comments about that case line on YouTube videos. Going to give them a shot. Still rocking the Spigen Ultra Hybrid currently. Second week of use.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
Bored at home this weekend. Ordered the classic black Solidsuit case by Rhinoshield. Heard lots of positive comments about that case line on YouTube videos. Going to give them a shot. Still rocking the Spigen Ultra Hybrid currently. Second week of use.

Any dust or debris ingress between the back of the phone and the inside of the clear case, or is it still holding tight?

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
I can count three very small pieces of dust, under bright light. Not bad for over two weeks. However, I don’t work in any dusty or dirty environments. So if someone did, I’d imagine dust/debris ingress could pose a higher risk.

Reactions: DCIFRTHS

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
If anyone is interested, Best Buy has the speck Presidio clear case on sale for $13.99. I went ahead and got one for the hell of it. It will be ready for curbside pick up tomorrow sometime. 64 days with the red Apple leather case, it feels like it’s time for a change.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
If anyone is interested, Best Buy has the speck Presidio clear case on sale for $13.99. I went ahead and got one for the hell of it. It will be ready for curbside pick up tomorrow sometime. 64 days with the red Apple leather case, it feels like it’s time for a change.

I liked that case, but my buttons ended up getting this “double-click” feeling to them. Like you put a little pressure on it and the plastic clicks a bit, but the button doesn’t get pressed. Then you apply more force for the actual tactile click on the button.

TLDR: the buttons on my speck Presidio clear creaked after a couple weeks of use. YMMV.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I liked that case, but my buttons ended up getting this “double-click” feeling to them. Like you put a little pressure on it and the plastic clicks a bit, but the button doesn’t get pressed. Then you apply more force for the actual tactile click on the button.

TLDR: the buttons on my speck Presidio clear creaked after a couple weeks of use. YMMV.
I’ve used the case before and I cannot remember why I returned it. Probably because of the button issues that you mentioned as well as being really tough to press.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
I’ve used the case before and I cannot remember why I returned it. Probably because of the button issues that you mentioned as well as being really tough to press.

It was bizarre though. My Presidio clear for my 11 Pro Max has buttons that were very hard to press. But the Presidio clear for my 11 Pro worked fine, but had the button creak issue.

Martheijn

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2020
Nederland
Last week I received my iPhone 11 pro with the Mous Aramax carbon case. After previous (negative) experiences with the Mous Contour case for the iPhone 11, I have chosen this case after several positive reviews from MobileReviewsEh, because it is the best in terms of protection and the iPhone 11 pro is a quite expensive phone.

The Mous Carbon case feels less plastic-like than the Contour version and the carbon part feels soft. The grip is not optimal, it is quite smooth and you cannot operate it with one hand. So far all that is surmountable, but after 1 day I already had a pretty big scratch on the carbon, while I just used the phone, no drops or bumps, nothing. Very strange. I wonder how many scratches will be added. I have to admit that I buy and try a lot of iPhone cases and I am also very critical of this.

+ It looks very sleek and well finished. The seams are beautiful, the fit is perfect and the carbon part is well finished.
+ I can imagine that this case can withstand quite a blow and protects your phone
+ Unlike the silicone case, the Mous case does not attract dust and you can easily remove it (without resistance) from your pocket.
+ The 3d screen protector (Panzerglas) falls exactly between the edges of the case, so you do not see from the side that you are using a screen protector

- The edges are made of plastic and you keep feeling it
- The phone becomes a lot heavier and the whole does not feel pleasant
- You cannot use the phone with one hand because it is quite smooth

The plastic keeps the iPhone feeling cheap, while it is a premium phone, which in my opinion also includes a premium feeling.
I am willing to sacrifice some protection for that and still go back to Apple's silicone case. It feels a lot smoother to me and gives more grip and makes the phone a lot lighter

Reactions: nrvous1 and twx

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
It was bizarre though. My Presidio clear for my 11 Pro Max has buttons that were very hard to press. But the Presidio clear for my 11 Pro worked fine, but had the button creak issue.
I cancelled my order. I have a feeling that I’ll end up returning it again because of the buttons. I’ll stick with my Apple leather case for now and if I feel like swapping cases, I still have my clear symmetry from otterbox.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Just slapped on my rhinoshield Solidsuit case on my MG iPhone 11 Pro. Bought the classic black version.

First impressions:

- easily one of the tightest fitting cases I’ve used.
- the back has a bit of tack to it, which makes it easy to hold. Not a bar of soap.
- buttons are insanely good. It literally feels like I’m pressing the actual iPhone buttons.
- case doesn’t squeak
- BPA-free is a plus
- heavy duty drop protection, but still slim IMO.

I’ll continue to update as I use this case over the next few weeks.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Just slapped on my rhinoshield Solidsuit case on my MG iPhone 11 Pro. Bought the classic black version.

First impressions:

- the back has a bit of tack to it, which makes it easy to hold. Not a bar of soap.
- buttons are insanely good. It literally feels like I’m pressing the actual iPhone buttons.
- case doesn’t squeak
- BPA-free is a plus

Nice! I’ve always loved Rhinoshield cases.

Theoner1

macrumors regular
May 25, 2017

First impressions:

- case doesn’t squeak
- BPA-free is a plus

Amazon photos look symmetrical for the bottom cutouts. Can you verify if the cutouts are symmetrical or not? Thanks!

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Could've missed it in this thread, but has anybody tried the speck presidio grip perfect clear? curious to know about the overall in-hand feel...is it grippy, how do the sides feel, oil-magnetness, etc. Oh and pics would be awesome to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.