Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
That’s a great haul for the price of one! Yep, if variety is the spice of life, then I’m living a pretty spicy phone case life ? I have more cases than I practically need and I’m not sure what to do with some of my ‘deprecated’ cases. I suppose I could sell on eBay. My bullstrap black edition should be here Tue. Post pics once you get the ocean, if you can.
I still have all of my XS and 11 Pro cases except for the 11 Pro MB leather that I gave to my BIL as an impromptu birthday gift. I saw he was using a cheap TPU case that was kind of grubby looking so I was like.... why not? The rest have been floating around my car/trunk/bedside table as I try to pawn them away (they’re all in great shape). I’d rather not go through the hassle of selling to strangers so family and friends are my victims I guess.

The Ocean’s going to be a strong contender but I’ve found the green silicone seems to fit nicely in our decor. This bedside table, for instance:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’m sure I’ll change my mind again but that’s the fun part. New case, new wallpapers, new possible watch strap coordinations, etc etc. Blue really is my color most of the time so I know the Ocean is going to blend right in too.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I still have all of my XS and 11 Pro cases except for the 11 Pro MB leather that I gave to my BIL as an impromptu birthday gift. I saw he was using a cheap TPU case that was kind of grubby looking so I was like.... why not? The rest have been floating around my car/trunk/bedside table as I try to pawn them away (they’re all in great shape). I’d rather not go through the hassle of selling to strangers so family and friends are my victims I guess.

The Ocean’s going to be a strong contender but I’ve found the green silicone seems to fit nicely in our decor. This bedside table, for instance:

View attachment 1704932
View attachment 1704931

I’m sure I’ll change my mind again but that’s the fun part. New case, new wallpapers, new possible watch strap coordinations, etc etc. Blue really is my color most of the time so I know the Ocean is going to blend right in too.
Love the green silicone. That will probably be my next color of choice, wish apple would release more silicone colors. If they have a northern blue silicone I’d get it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: ocva and VaderRulez

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Love the green silicone. That will probably be my next color of choice, wish apple would release more silicone colors. If they have a northern blue silicone I’d get it in a heartbeat.
I got a Plum one along with the green but I don’t like it as much as I led myself to believe I would by frequenting this thread. Oh well. If I can ever convince the lady to give up her 8 for a Mini she’ll have it as an option.

Reactions: VaderRulez

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Last Christmas gift card purchase just arrived. I’m going to have a handful of great options once the Bullstrap arrives. My wife has been using the same silicone case on her 8 since she got it and I like how it has aged so I’m tempted to roll with this instead of the leather. I’d usually side with leather but I’ve yet to see any sort of decent looking patina on this year’s saddle brown.
Any pics of the silicone that’s been used on the 8? I’m curious as to how they age.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Any pics of the silicone that’s been used on the 8? I’m curious as to how they age.
She’s at work at the moment and my parents are coming for dinner so I’ll see if I get an opportunity later. It’s basically all shiny but it’s still got that silky texture. I kinda wonder how much all the hand sanitizer/disinfecting wipes have impacted it....

Reactions: nrvous1

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Seemed fine at first until pulling it in and out of pocket a few times. If you have sticky hands you will be fine.

You can still cancel your order as nothing is going out until Monday I'm sure.

Just razzing you man but yeah I might. Kind of unfortunate. Any other UAG worth the look?

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013

View attachment 1704932
View attachment 1704931

I hear you on the selling to strangers hassle. Yep, looks like the green silicone complements your decor pretty well. Random question - do you ever light all three candles at the same time?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I hear you on the selling to strangers hassle. Yep, looks like the green silicone complements your decor pretty well. Random question - do you ever light all three candles at the same time?
Ha! The back one is decorative and the tall skinny white one is battery powered. The third I do.

• Haha
Reactions: shr631

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I’ve just been waiting on the Max version to hit Prime on Amazon to grab one. I wish these case companies would stop releasing cases for the 12/Pro before the Max.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.

Oh yeah, I’ve seen it on there, but delivery is still 2 weeks out. I meant Prime as in 2 day delivery.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Ehhh i ordered my 12 pro max mag armor on December 28th and it should be delivered tomorrow or Monday. It’s already at the local hub. So while its not 2 day shipping, they are getting them out pretty quick.

Crap, making me spend that money.

I guess I’ll go ahead and order one up and see what happens, then. Thanks for the heads up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.