Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Reactions: DonnyXMX

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Not sure what phone you have but…

L-FADNUT Case for iPhone 12 Pro Max Case Frame-Less Design Matte Hard Plastic Back Cover TPU Shockproof Bumper Corner Ultra Slim Thin Translucent Protective Phone Case for iPhone 12 Pro Max, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L6LDTVS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5B1S79HY52Z8PJW5XSBC?psc=1

That brand only has black in stock with no rings.

Search Amazon for “frameless iPhone case”

I have the blue version

4e671c77b169c0dea2d09e7b347d7f8b.jpg

60b3dde12e4c4e9fc22fb3323fbd1fed.jpg

adc5fe934efdd6b92f7983e93d5d1e96.jpg

Last edited:

TopoR

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2020
Moscow, Russia
The new case dbrand sent me is definitely a MagSafe case and with my 12 PM, it will stay on the magnetic car mount now. I will have the true test today while on my 350 mi journey over some rough roads. If it passes this, then I am set. I too had to do the video. I showed them in the case I had with no phone, with my 12 PM in and against the Pitaka. I believe this is now as strong as the Pitaka's magnets.
Almost same situation. Today received replacement and by inside look that seems to be a bigger magnets, but still it can't hold weight of the 12PM on the magsage charger (like original silicone case) and Apple Wallet easily slides with little force to it. Maybe I just extremely unlucky...
BTW, on your case packaging the sticker "Magsafe compatible" was the only one, or placed over another sticker too?
IMG_3954.jpeg
___

Addition: video of the new case (there indeed better magnets, but slightly better) compared with the original silicone case (first 22 seconds) and the MagSafe charger.
___
And another addition: dbrand support said, that I received again defective one and they going to send me another (third) one.

Last edited:

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I got my replacement yesterday also. There’s a difference. It’s small but there’s a difference. I don’t have another MagSafe case to compare it to - are others as strong as the iPhone naked?

One nice thing is I didn’t have to send the old one back. So I’m not rushing to swap them especially since I have to put on that skin again.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyespy03

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Well I finally bit the bullet and put in an order for a dark blue Grams28 case. Hopefully this scratches that incessant itch I have a for a high quality blue leather case.

Reactions: Numerati

Numerati

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2021
Orlando, FL
Well I finally bit the bullet and put in an order for a dark blue Grams28 case. Hopefully this scratches that incessant itch I have a for a high quality blue leather case.

I have it and like it. It is a tad thicker than official apple case. But better quality leather than the Apple case. Gram28 shipping is not the greatest. Takes several days to get it.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I have it and like it. It is a tad thicker than official apple case. But better quality leather than the Apple case. Gram28 shipping is not the greatest. Takes several days to get it.
I almost paid extra for the 2 day FedEx shipping but figured I've made it this long with an Apple case so what's another few days (weeks). I'm happy to hear the leather is higher quality; how are the buttons? One of the main issues I had with another third party leather case I tried (Parkfield) was that the buttons almost looked like they were glued on to the outside of the case whereas Apple's look/feel like they're built in/part of the case.

Reactions: Numerati

Numerati

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2021
Orlando, FL
I almost paid extra for the 2 day FedEx shipping but figured I've made it this long with an Apple case so what's another few days (weeks). I'm happy to hear the leather is higher quality; how are the buttons? One of the main issues I had with another third party leather case I tried (Parkfield) was that the buttons almost looked like they were glued on to the outside of the case whereas Apple's look/feel like they're built in/part of the case.

Buttons are almost like the Apple case. Good quality and very tactile.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

djmanosv

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
I have the 12 PM with apple blue leather case which is fantastic.

in few weeks I will be going south Europe, spending most of my time on the beach with very high temperatures and dirty / wet hands from the salt sea, so I decide to pickup some silicon case instead

I am using the california poppy yellow wallet, and I would like to ask someone that has got the new pistachio or other pastel colour to post some pictures with wallets attached, to see how it matches

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I have the 12 PM with apple blue leather case which is fantastic.

in few weeks I will be going south Europe, spending most of my time on the beach with very high temperatures and dirty / wet hands from the salt sea, so I decide to pickup some silicon case instead

I am using the california poppy yellow wallet, and I would like to ask someone that has got the new pistachio or other pastel colour to post some pictures with wallets attached, to see how it matches
Honestly, I would take the leather case and put it through it's paces. I went on vacation once and I really regretted not taking my leather case because the patina would've been out of this world with all the sweat, dirt, wet hands, etc. You got a chance to really show that the leather case can shine in tougher environments!

sesame00

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2021
I have the synthesis for my 12 pro. Great case. No scratches or finger prints. If I didn’t have the dbrand grip- it would be my daily driver.
Can you compare the synthesis vs the dbrand grip? Which one is bulkier (I prefer a less bulky option - didn't like the otterbox), or are they both pretty bulky? Do you feel like one would be more protective? I read some problems with the sheath not having responsive buttons - do you have that experience with the synthesis?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Can you compare the synthesis vs the dbrand grip? Which one is bulkier (I prefer a less bulky option - didn't like the otterbox), or are they both pretty bulky? Do you feel like one would be more protective? I read some problems with the sheath not having responsive buttons - do you have that experience with the synthesis?
I have the grip and sheath. I did sell the synthesis

The grip is the best case out of the bunch, although it is the most bulky.

I had no issue with the sheaths buttons whatsoever, it’s just too thin for my taste. In retrospect I would’ve kept the synthesis as the back up.

The grip & the synthesis are the two best cases I’ve tried.

Reactions: DonnyXMX

TopoR

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2020
Moscow, Russia
Addition: video of the new case (there indeed better magnets, but slightly better) compared with the original silicone case (first 22 seconds) and the MagSafe charger.
___
And another addition: dbrand support said, that I received again defective one and they going to send me another (third) one.
Recived replacement (third case) and it same as the second one (on video). I guess they designed it with regular 12 in mind, and not the heavy one. I don't have car mount / stand to compare (since there may be stronger magnets and it's still be stable enough), but tested with Apple Wallet at the store and that wasn't good enough.
Well, I guess I can live with that.

Reactions: Jaggrey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.