Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vintimus

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2012
Picked up a Midnight silicone for my PM. Feels good so far, still got a leather on the way.

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
That's a bummer. I've used them for many years and never had a fail. Fortunately their customer service is great and they'll undoubtedly replace it.
Yes they refunded me and sent a new one but I have a 13 pro max now, it's still in the snail mail to Australia.

Reactions: Shark5150

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
They refunded and replaced it, I found it slippery, wouldn't buy another one, sheath would be better imo.
Hmm I’ll see if they’ll cancel my order and refund since it hasn’t shipped yet. I’m not a fan of the sheath as it wouldn’t be my choice if I wanted something completely opaque.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
No problem and I know a lot of people say to stay away from the Apple clear case since it's a lot more slippery than other clear cases and there is no protection at the bottom (it's open) compared to other clear cases.

I think the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (Clear case) is the best looking clear case that has the MagSafe rings that's comparable to the Apple clear case. I've seen other similar to Speck or Mous clear
For the first time, I bought a silicone case instead of leather. I’m really happy I did. I really like the feel of it! Went with Abyss Blue, I like it a lot!
I have that for the Sierra Blue Max. It’s a beautiful combo.

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
Hmm I’ll see if they’ll cancel my order and refund since it hasn’t shipped yet. I’m not a fan of the sheath as it wouldn’t be my choice if I wanted something completely opaque.
The back is very smooth like last and this years OB symmetry, even the sides with the grip were not that good. The sheath has more grip, but the sides come away easier from the phone in a drop, have experienced that.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I plan on getting 5 for my 13 Pro Max (when it arrives one day).
To start.
Yeah, I tend to go a little accessory crazy. :rolleyes:

Silicone: Blue Jay, Abyss Blue, and Clover Green.

Leather: Dark Cherry and Sequoia Green.

I really love the Blue Jay for silicone and the Dark Cherry for leather. But I'll try 'em all.

Reactions: DianaMR and michial

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
To start.

I really love the Blue Jay for silicone and the Dark Cherry for leather. But I'll try 'em all.
I don’t blame you. If I could I would. Enjoy

Reactions: rambo47

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
I purchased a Midnight leather to go with my 13PM since they don’t have saddle brown. I noticed the leather case fits more snug this year.

Anyone notice that the power button and volume buttons are harder to press compared to last year? It’s also not as ‘clickity’ feeling.

Reactions: shr631

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I purchased a Midnight leather to go with my 13PM since they don’t have saddle brown. I noticed the leather case fits more snug this year.

Anyone notice that the power button and volume buttons are harder to press compared to last year? It’s also not as ‘clickity’ feeling.
Yep definitely noticed the buttons being not as clicky. But not by much.

The buttons on the clear case last year were so stiff that I stopped using the case.

Reactions: aldo82

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
To start.

Make sure you try Blue Jay last.
I made mistake by putting on Blue Jay first and cant see past the beauty of that case.
Abyss Blue and Dark Cherry still lurking in my cupboard untouched lol:

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Popular and good choice!

Did they improve the silicone case this year? It’s not as sticky and doesn’t dust seem to attract and lint as much as past years.

After being in my pocket both Saturday and Sunday, it had a decent amount of lint stuck to the case. Not sure how it compares to last years though.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Can Inelli

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
How about the glass screen protectors? I see that some of you guys have the glass screen protectors that cover the area of notch where Face ID sensors and Front Camera are located. Are the functions of those affected?

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
6AC7A473-00D4-4CFE-8309-142DEBFABFC3.jpeg

Cavefishes

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2021
I tried out the Pro Max version of this in the kumquat color and was disappointed and returned it. It doesn't look bad, but the rails are super flimsy and squishy (they caught a bunch of dust in between the lip of the case and the screen) and it's way stickier than I'd like. Nowhere near the quality and feel of the Apple silicon cases, but I guess you get what you pay for!

Reactions: LorQ1027

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Reactions: Boardiesboi

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
How about the glass screen protectors? I see that some of you guys have the glass screen protectors that cover the area of notch where Face ID sensors and Front Camera are located. Are the functions of those affected?
I have the tech armor screen protector and it works just fine. Covers the notch with no issue using these functions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.