Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
I got the Starlight 13 mini at launch with the Apple clear case. I found the clear case to be a bit too slippery…so decided to get one of the silicone cases. The nice thing about the Starlight color is that it goes with every Color case. That’s also the bad thing…too many choices:). I narrowed it down to my top 3 choices: Product Red, Clover and Blue Jay. Tough choice….but I’ve decided on the Blue Jay. All 3 are great!

Blue Jay:
DB75C27A-3E0C-4B8C-BBD1-C4B0DA31B682.jpeg

Product Red:
070271D0-9307-4C03-A893-493E57F4C6C7.jpeg

Clover:
3E37A3FA-1301-4287-A2B9-2DCFA1C492E5.jpeg

tperry

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
East Texas
I grabbed a Mous Limitless 4.0 with Aramid for my 13 Pro Max and also got their tempered glass screen protectors. So far am happy with them. The overall width is no more than my iPhone 11 Pro with an Otterbox Defender, so I'm not disappointed.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I grabbed a Mous Limitless 4.0 with Aramid for my 13 Pro Max and also got their tempered glass screen protectors. So far am happy with them. The overall width is no more than my iPhone 11 Pro with an Otterbox Defender, so I'm not disappointed.
Is it bowed like a banana and makes a good fidget spinner?

• Haha
Reactions: nrvous1

tperry

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
East Texas
Is it bowed like a banana and makes a good fidget spinner?
Actually the case itself lay flat on its back with no arching to it. There is a "curve" on the face portion, but that is by design. I think the Limitless 3.0's had an issue, but it apparently didn't carry through to the 4.0.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
There is a "curve" on the face portion, but that is by design.
It’s a clever design imo. Reduces the drop protection slightly, but removes the swipe-hindrance on the left/right sides & improves the grip (which therefore reduces the chances of dropping the phone).

Reactions: tperry

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Long time no talk. Just wanted to say hi to all my old friends here. I did not get around to getting a new iPhone as of yet, but am leaning towards it. Not sure if I should go Pro or Pro Max. Hope everyone is well. Merry Christmas to all. :)

Guess it is time to start stalking this thread lol.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Just put on my new MagSafe Caudabe Sheath for the first time. My first impression is that it’s not nearly as heavy as some people made it out to be. Yes, it’s heavier than the earlier Sheaths, but it now has a magnet and the iPhone 13 Pro is also just a heavier phone.

I also notice that my MagSafe wallet doesn’t hold quite as well without the vertical magnet. Im planning to now see how much that affects my car mount.

First impressions are mostly positive.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Just put on my new MagSafe Caudabe Sheath for the first time. My first impression is that it’s not nearly as heavy as some people made it out to be. Yes, it’s heavier than the earlier Sheaths, but it now has a magnet and the iPhone 13 Pro is also just a heavier phone.

I also notice that my MagSafe wallet doesn’t hold quite as well without the vertical magnet. Im planning to now see how much that affects my car mount.

First impressions are mostly positive.

I love both my Sheath and my Synthesis. I just wish Caudabe would put a little more design into the back of the Synthesis like they do the Sheath (the small “antenna” lines on the back of the Sheath). The Synthesis is just monolithic, which is fine, but a small design touch would be perfect.

I also wish they’d get a little braver with the colors, kinda like they did for the 12 series, although I think I’ve seen where more colors are coming for the Sheath.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I switched to their transparent plastic case. The blue silicone case, while pretty, was covering up the blue colour of my 13 pro max and the roughness was making it a little difficult to take out of my pants pocket.

Meggb17

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2020
I currently have the Silicone Light Pink case for my silver iPhone 13 pro max. But after 1 drop it is destroyed (the case). I’m now not sure if I should try the apple leather case- or maybe an otter box/speck with MagSafe

kgg1999

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2019
I currently have the Silicone Light Pink case for my silver iPhone 13 pro max. But after 1 drop it is destroyed (the case). I’m now not sure if I should try the apple leather case- or maybe an otter box/speck with MagSafe
In my experience the leather case is thinner than silicone case so probably less protective. Get the speck or bottle box if you drop your phone a lot.

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
I can’t really see anything blue in it ?
I skipped iPhone 12 Pro, so I can’t say about that, but iPhone 11 Pro cover was black, and this one put aside is not so different (a tad lighter maybe).
Plenty of photos in the leather case thread showing it next to black

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Except it’s not black

Midnight color. It is black enough for me

View attachment 1935079

I have one it’s not black

It is not "pitch black", if that is what you are meaning, but black is the closest color you can define it. Or a very very dark gray variation…

More of a blue tinge than dark grey, last years was charcoal grey

Steve: You're seeing it wrong!
Customers: You're blacking them wrong!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.