Which do you prefer on iPod/Phone, Leopard-esque dock or current iPhone dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G75, Sep 5, 2007.

?

Leopard-esque dock or current iPhone dock?

1. I like the Leopard-esque dock on the iPod Touch.

81.2%
  2. I like the current iPhone dock.

18.8%
  1. G75 macrumors newbie

Will the iPhone eventually get the Leopard-esque dock from the Touch? Or do you think it will be used as a visual cue to show the difference between the two? I personally like the Touch dock much more than the MacPro/PowerMac like punched aluminium look of the current iPhone dock. What do you think?

Also, whats up with the new calculator icon? The screenshots of the Touch and iPhone used in the "Beat Goes On" keynote had a new icon for the calculator. The best place to see the difference is on apple's homepage. Is this just a mistake, or will the calc be getting new features in the next software update? (Presumably the same one that adds the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store.)

AND do you prefer the current iPhone dock or the new iPod Touch dock?

:apple:
    G75

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I like the dock better, too. I hope Apple will give us the Touch dock in an update.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I like the icons better on the iphone though. I dont want them to be so bright and eye hurting. Other than that, i couldnt care. If they change the dock, cool, if not, cool.

4. G75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Comparison

Here are some pics of the Touch and its dock/icons (or iCons??) and the iPhone and its dock/icons. Also, there is a screencap of the QT stream with the Touch and iPhone showing the same updated Calc icon as well as the iTW-FS icon.

G75

Attached Files:

5. The General macrumors 601

6. G75 thread starter macrumors newbie

I could.....

Yeah, I guess I could.....if I knew how. :-(

7. nevesis macrumors 6502

They did the iPhone one different because having the mesh behind the four "main" icons helps seperate them from the other not as important apps.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

There should be a choice for i dont care either way.

9. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I like the Leopard one better. I too hope thats updated in the future. Although Im sure that would piss off some people too, just like the price drop. :)

10. G75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but with the saved space from the top of the dock being cut off, they could have a decent buffer between the 4 main icons and their lesser counterparts. This would work even if they added a complete (Non-hack app) 4th row. Which they are starting with the iTW-FS.

11. G75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great idea. I agree. Now if someone could just show me how to add an option, that would be great.

12. G75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, very true! I have to admit though I was a little mad when I first heard of the drop, but after I logically thought about it, I realized that it was always going to happen and no ammount of time would stop me from being a little bit agitated. Oh well.

I am pretty sure this will be an update, with leopard around the corner it would be good to have some consistancy in OS X between all versions Lite and Full.

13. O and A macrumors regular

I prefer the iphone dock. They should both look the same to give consistency.

I feel that the ipod touch dock doesn't distiguish enough between the icons up top and the dock. This isn't so much a problem now but i'm sure apple is gonna be adding icons to that home screen.

14. iPhonePlaya macrumors regular

i wish the iphone had some of the apps that the touch does like contacts i just wish you could change them or move them

15. GuntherS macrumors member

I also like the Leopard one better. I don't know why but I think it has a more modern look.

16. The General macrumors 601

I prefer the iPod Touch dock ... Here, I made this for those of you who would want it:

[​IMG]

I think it looks pretty close:

[​IMG]
    Click for full size

I attached the files for you.

Attached Files:

17. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Nice, thanks. In the event I decide to hack my phone, is it just a matter of replacing the existing dock image with yours...same file name and all?

18. G75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

Wow, Thanks a lot!!!

G75

19. winterstate, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  20. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

I prefer the iPhone dock as well. Looks better to me, but hey's it's all personal opinion.

21. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

I would prefer that they don't worry about the dock and spend time providing us with additional features that enhance the overall usefulness of the iPhone.

22. mac17 macrumors regular

hmm i like both really but what i would like is the music icon on the touch rather then the ipod one...

23. ThanatosId macrumors regular

ThanatosId

[​IMG]

My Version of a 3D Leopard dock with the striking black background. It's my first mod, so thanks to all those who add helpful hints to the forum.

24. kaeckisthename macrumors member

that is sweet, did you use the tif files of the icons from the "show package contents"