Which do you prefer: The new MBA/MB keyboard or the current MBP keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stridder44, Feb 24, 2008.

?

Which do you prefer: The new MBA/MB keyboard or the current MBP keyboard?

1. The new MBA/MB keyboard

77 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. The current MBP keyboard

61 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

That's it. Let's settle this once and for all.

Which do you prefer, the new keyboard (of the MacBook Air/MacBook) or the keyboard on the MacBook Pro?

I chose the new keyboard (MBA/MB). It's pretty safe to assume that the MBP will be getting the new keyboard anyway though, seeing as how pretty much the rest of the entire Mac lineup already has it.

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

As I've said elsewhere, the MB keyboard might be the best part of the Macbook. Fun typing times.

3. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I vote MBA. I think the MB keyboard has a slightly different feel than the MBA. I love the color contrast on the MBA, as well as the backlighting.

Personally, I think they are the same style, but two very different products.

4. haner macrumors newbie

If you happen to get a lemon MBP keyboard, then you'll definitely want the MBA keyboard. Contrary to popular belief, the MBP keyboard keys are not aluminum, but plastic with a metallic finish. Depending on your typing habits and the chemical makeup of the natural oils on your hands, that metallic finish can fade, and you get nasty black plastic peaking out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Whoa wtf? It almost looks like you used photoshop blur on that but I mean I know you didn't...yikes.

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I totally agree. The MBA has a different keyboard than the MB and feels much better. Same style but without question different beyond just backlighting.

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I didn't have a chance to use MBA yet (they have not arrived to my country still), but I still vote for MB/MBA. I have a MacBook and typed on MBP/PB keyboards and I prefer the MB style. If it had backlight it would be even better, but backlight is for Apple's higher end laptops only :(

8. aviationwiz macrumors regular

Personally, I like the feel of the MacBook Pro keyboard over that of the MacBook keyboard. If the new MBP has the new MacBook keyboard, I'd have to think long and hard about whether to buy a new one or one of the previous (now current) models.

9. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

I haven't used the MBA keyboard, but I didn't take much fancy to the MB keyboard. The current MBP keyboard is pretty nice as it is, so I'd say keep it. However, I don't really have a burning distaste for the MB keyboard, so I wouldn't mind too much if it changed (and I'm planning on getting an external keyboard for the laptop anyway so I can run it in a desktop like fashion when its on my desk)

10. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I voted for the MBP. My wife has a new MBA and for some reason I seem to type better on mine. She is undecided but overall she loves the MBA.

11. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I thought it would be a difficult adjustment to the Apple Keyboard but it's been a pleasure. MB/MBA keyboard for sure for me now. Maybe because I keep missing the t and the g when I type for some reason on the MBP.

12. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

The first time I used a MacBook kybd, I didn't like it. However, since I've been using the new BT Al keyboard, I've come to like the feel. The MBP is good (better than the older PBs), but feels softer. The new keys feel snappier.

We just got the MBA, which appears to have the same feel as the BT keyboard and the MacBook. I still like my MBP, but I'm surprised how well I like the new ones.

13. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

yes, the MBA keyboard does feel better than the MB. it seems like the keys wobble less...it feels higher quality.

14. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Current MBP keyboard. I've always liked it better.

15. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Typing between the 2, the new one seems so much more natural.

16. tip macrumors 6502

tip

I prefer the MBP keyboard. It needs better quality paint/finish, however.

17. Mr. Eko macrumors member

sorry for being semi-off topic, but will the MB ever have backlighting?

18. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I play a lot of games and I like it when the keys are nice and close so I really don't like MB/Air keyboard but it is very easy to type on.

ChrisN

19. Sean9689 macrumors member

20. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

21. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Macbook Air keyboard...

I have a Macbook Pro but use the Apple external keyboard and love it dearly compared to the MBP's.

22. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

I typo less on the MBA/MB keyboard to be honest. I think I like it better.

23. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

Wow.....thats really gross...but back to the original post, I prefer the MB keyboard, why? because I own a MB and I LOVE typing on it.

24. Animalk macrumors 6502

I posted in a similar thread a couple of days ago but I am too lazy to search for it! :p

Anyways, the MBP keyboard is one of the many reasons why i went for an MBP instead of an MB for my particular needs. I had the pleasure of trying out the MBA this morning and i must say that the keyboard on the MBA is much much better then the one on the MB. It feels much more solid, tighter, quieter and the black material coating the keys has a nice feel to it.