Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Go Dog Go

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
I'm in a real predicament here. I live in Southern California right now, and I'm doing a short time job here. I live by the beach. I'll be moving to Washington in about 1 month too.

I got two tickets to a baseball game on Saturday. Great, great seats...now for the problem...

I invited two girls on accident. I don't know either girl very well, but I'll describe them, and I need some advice. I could usually make the decision on my own, but I really don't know the girls, or which one I "like" more...

1) I met this girl at a music festival last month (Coachella). She is an exchange student from Brazil. Very pretty, fun, and is moving back to Brazil in 2 weeks. She lives in Los Angeles now. If I don't take her, I will probably never see her again.

2) I met this girl randomly one day, and we hit it off. She's very pretty, a musician, and lives permanent around Los Angeles. She's the same ethnicity as me, which is pretty rare, so we have that connection too. I could possibly see her again if I don't take her, but who knows.

I don't know what to do. It's like, a win win, but a lose lose.

Any advice?

Vogue Harper

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Serenity
Presumably neither one or both are baseball fans?

Seems like you've answered your own question with the fact that you won't see the Brazilian girl again unless you take her to the game.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
No. 2 for me, since there is a chance of seeing her again. Unless as Dan said, that is not the desired outcome.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
depends what your intentions are. (that't not meant to sound sleazy)
if you think something serious could start up with number 2 then go for her i say... alternatively, it's impossible for us to decide. flip a coin. if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the coin toss then you have your answer.

p.s. i once had this problem with 6 girls so i rolled a dice ;)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Honestly, I'd just take whichever one is hotter. Sorry, but since you don't know either of them very well, it's really hard to base your decision on anything other than your hormones.

Actually, perhaps I'd take the Brazilian, especially if she's never been to a baseball game. :) If she has, then take whoever is hotter.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Go with the one that's better looking. Forget about anything you have in common because "they're leaving and I'll probably never seen them again" and long-distance rels have FAIL written all over them.

Given you get along well with both (or you wouldn't want to go with her), there's is nothing other looks at this point in time. Just stay away from the really tarty ones. They's trouble.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This thread is really hilarious and Abstract is right on. Take whomever is hotter because honestly, neither of them probably care about the game. Read: baseball bitches. ;) Thanks for joining MR to post about your troubled love life ... always makes for a great read. :D

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Southern CA so does that mean the Padres?

Just get tickets for the Friday or Sunday's games.

it can't be as hard as getting tickets to watch the Red Sox in Fenway.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Then what good are they? :p
Always a wise guy ... I fixed it.
Southern CA so does that mean the Padres?

Just get tickets for the Friday or Sunday's games.

it can't be as hard as getting tickets to watch the Red Sox in Fenway.

Umm Padres, Angels, Dodgers ... could be any one of them and depending on the game then yes, it can be as hard as your precious Sox tickets. :rolleyes:

I say the kid is full of it but in the end, if he is not, then he should just take whomever is hotter. The whole thing sounds douchey if you ask me.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Tell them the truth, reveal the type of person you are, and the one that doesn't hang up / run away in disgust is your winner.

Edit: Post #1000! Thank you everyone for giving thoughtful, honest advice on problems within the technological world, and beyond!

statik13

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
Have any nieces or nephews?

Ask them both if you can take your 5 year old nephew to the game instead and promise to make it up to them later. Do that, and take lots of pictures of your nephew having a great time to show the girls. They'll think you're a caring uncle and you'll score more points than if you did take either one to the game.

After that, date both of them until it blows up in your face. :rolleyes:

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Have any nieces or nephews?

Ask them both if you can take your 5 year old nephew to the game instead and promise to make it up to them later. Do that, and take lots of pictures of your nephew having a great time to show the girls. They'll think you're a caring uncle and you'll score more points than if you did take either one to the game.

After that, date both of them until it blows up in your face. :rolleyes:

I take back my advice, this is the money idea. It's pure genius.

Conversely, if you do not have any local young relatives, any child at the mall could be enticed to go to a baseball game with you, just show the ticket.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
I stopped reading at "exchange student from Brazil."

Take the Brazilian.

But in all seriousness, I did read the whole thing, even though I did get caught up at "exchange student from Brazil."

It all comes down to, like stated before me, what are you looking for?
One night stand?
Friendship?
Relationship?

Things to consider:
Who is a better conversationalist?
Who is more into baseball?
Who can you stand for almost 3 hours?
Who would you not mind spending 5$ on for a hotdog?

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
If they both accept??

Pay for your mistake like a man, and give them each a ticket.

How does that help? They're going to the game because he's going. It would be nothing but weird if they even agreed to going to a baseball game with some other girl that he apparently asked out.

I like the nephew idea. But it's risky. In the end, I would go with Brazilian exchange student (just to see her before she leaves) if you think you have other excuses to see the second girl who lives near you. Unless you think this game is a great opportunity to score some points with the second girl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.