Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abtarh2o

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I have been looking at handheld camcorders to take to New York with me in a couple of weeks. I need something that is small enough to fit it my pocket and records onto sd cards since I wont be able to upload to the computer for a few days. I would like to have optical zoom and a good picture quality.

Is there a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p?

Which camera do you reccomend?

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
I have been looking at handheld camcorders to take to New York with me in a couple of weeks. I need something that is small enough to fit it my pocket and records onto sd cards since I wont be able to upload to the computer for a few days. I would like to have optical zoom and a good picture quality.

Is there a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p?

Which camera do you reccomend?

If you want something small like a Mino or Kodak Zi6, you will be dissappointed with the quality. I would look at something like the Canon HF200. Canon's video quality is amazing and it is small as well. I have this camcorder, check out dwd3885 on youtube and you'll see a video I did with it.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I went with Canon also (HF10). Reasons: Canon optics, DIGIC, CMOS sensor, optical image stabilization (I have a lot of experience with their DSLF IS lenses), SD storage (internal and external) and, of course, image quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.