Which iPad To Get? New User Here

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
What about the vibrating speaker/sound issue on the Air 2? I know that's been discussed on other threads, but is it really as big of a deal as it's being made out to be?
The whole vibrating speaking issue is blown out of proportion in my opinion. This iPad Air 2 speaker is vibrating only because Apple tuned the speaker to be more responsive at the lower frequencies (bass). If you ever shopped for bluetooth portable speakers, you would know the ones with decent amounts of bass all "vibrate". So unless Apple re-tune the iPad Air 3 speaker to sound like tin cans, it will "vibrate" as well.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
What about the vibrating speaker/sound issue on the Air 2? I know that's been discussed on other threads, but is it really as big of a deal as it's being made out to be?
I'm weird and like it haha, it only really happens to me when I have the volume maxed out while watching a film with explosions or something. One thing to note, it vibrates because it gets very loud when you turn it up. The Air 1 doesn't vibrate, but it does get as loud maxed out either, so you could always just keep the volume on the Air 2 under the max volume of the Air 1 to avoid it. I have no issues with it though, it's like a subwoofer and only happens at the right times :p