Which iPhone 6 Ships First - 64GB or 128GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boltjames, Sep 11, 2014.

1. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Remembering what happened last year with the Gold 5S, what's important to me is that I have my AT&T Space Grey iPhone 6 in my hands on Day 1 next Friday.

I would prefer to keep my current 64GB capacity but don't want to find out that Apple made more 128's than 64's and experience a delay of a few days or a week, would rather spend the extra $100 for space I don't need than be the last on my block to have an iPhone 6.

Anyone have a feel for which way I should go come ordering time tonight?

BJ

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Seriously? Get the one you want. If you don't get it until Monday, your life will not end. People are crazy this time of year.

I am preordering and definitely won't get it until at least Sunday since I'll be out of the country until then. I think I'll live too.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Reading reports the 128gb iPhone 6/6+ will be delivered on September 19 at around 1 pm for most people.

The 64gb will be delivered same day around 1:15 pm. I suggest the 128gb as you don't want to wait an extra 15 minutes.

4. boltjames thread starter macrumors 601

boltjames

Thanks, but half the fun of a new iPhone is the moment you walk into Starbucks and the crowd gathers. And in my place of employment being first with these types of technology matters.

Appreciate the judgement though.

BJ

5. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

This. Some of you people need to get ahold of yourselves. So that you receive an iPhone a few weeks early, you are willing to go with something that you may not truly want and deal with that for two years? Really? :rolleyes:

6. boltjames thread starter macrumors 601

boltjames

Funny, but my wife waited almost a month to get her Gold 5S and I don't want to go through the same torture, if spending a measly $100 to ensure a Day 1 delivery is all it takes, that's what I'll choose to do.

BJ

7. ctbaz macrumors regular

Is this what people have become?

8. boltjames thread starter macrumors 601

boltjames

Again with the judgement. It's not like a 128 is heavier or a burden. It's just a little bit more expensive. Not everyone is a college student on a tight budget. To some of us, $100 doesn't matter and getting the phone first does.

If someone with a job, a good credit rating, and a new car can answer I'd appreciate it as you know where I'm coming from.

BJ

----------

Successful people, yes apparently.

There are people who will wait on line for 10 days to get tickets to a music festival or fly cross-country to attend a road football game, not sure what's so shocking about a tech fan wanting the latest and greatest shipped to his home as soon as possible.

BJ

9. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I'm gonna go with the 64GB 6+ and I hope I will get it on launch day since I want to sell my old iPhone as quickly as possible after the new one launches so the price drops aren't yet carried around and no one will buy a used 5s for my price.:cool:
    Where did you hear that? Or is it /s?

10. quixers macrumors member

You are going to be disappointed when you walk into Starbuck as in Tim Cook's words he is expecting this to the be the 'mother of all upgrades' - there's going to be that many of them out there the 'crowd' probably will have quite a few already and wont be interested in yours!

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Oh I understand ya now. The honest answer is that you will have to wait for pre order. First try for your 64GB and if it's out of stock before u get your order in then get the 128GB.

I'll tell u this. Usually in the past the 16gb has sold out the fastest. The highest Gb model doesn't sell out the quickest. But there has never been a 128 gb model.

I see the 64 Gb selling out before the 128. You should have no problem getting either.

Here's a free tip. Use your iPhone apple store to pre order. Will be way quicker then computer.

12. wrightchad1 macrumors member

Some people are so hateful. If you don't care about getting one on day 1, why are you in a pre-order thread?

[​IMG]

13. Cryates macrumors 68000

I think you should go with the one that you want. The 64GB and 128GB models will ships at the same time but it's more a matter of which phone will sell out faster and my money is on the 64GB doing so. It's likely the sweet spot of capacity sizes for most users this year.

14. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

LMAO where do you live that people gather around you at starbucks to see your new iPhone?

Sure, I like being one of the few people in my train commuting into NYC with the newest iPhone and people look. But that's not what I live for.

P.S. no one knows how many of any model will be available. Higher capacities are generally more scarce at launch with most people going for the $200/$300 options. Apple offering 16 then jumping to 64 is an easy way to get people to spend the extra $100, so i'm sure that will be the most in-demand model.

15. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

Got to be a troll. If not, prayers sent.

16. cornerexit macrumors regular

The signature tells enough as is.

17. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You are totally wrong. As I understand it the 64gb should arrive around 10am and the 128gb around 1pm.

Geez.... get your facts straight.

18. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Could someone confirm if we pay in full on a preorder or does Apple charge you after they ship it? I've never preordered before.

19. Rafterman macrumors 68020

Really? I try avoid showing my friends the latest gadget I got in order to avoid looking like a complete geek loser. And I also tend to avoid showing it to strangers as I like to avoid displaying a "potential robbery victim right here" sign over my head.

----------

Maybe those are the thing he wants, not actually has.

20. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

Are you on a wind up or is this a serious post?

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It happens every iPhone launch.

Nice!

Sad.

Unfortunately it looks like some.

Pretty much.

22. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

"And in my place of employment being first with these types of technology matters." Sounds like your place of employ is also full of judgements.

23. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

Except if you are buying a Contract-free Tmobile phone b/c no one can seem to find it on the Apple app......

24. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Wow....didn't see that using the tapatalk app.

I hope his signature is a joke.

----------

Right...that is my problem.

25. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

just read his signature... wow, not sure if trolling?