Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which phone I should buy

• iphone 6s plus

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • iphone 7 plus

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
quick question: you mentioned that they fixed it, right? I would probably listen to the video recorded before i walk out of their.

I don't know exactly if Apple repaired the coil noise in the later iPhone models. But it has been reported far less in occurring. You could potentially test the iPhone before leaving the Store to make sure it's not a repeat issue for you. Even if it was, you are under warranty.

Reactions: pat500000

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Here's how I would move forward...

Are you likely to get another phone in a year (referring to when thebbest iPhone launches)? If so I'd go with the 6s plus. Aside from some camera upgrades you aren't likely to notice much of a difference with the 7 plus.

Is this a phone you will keep forn years? In that case, I always say go with the latest simply because it's likely to last you longer with fewer issues.

Lastly, there are some options through carrier leasing that essentially gets you the 7 series for free/cheaper.

Reactions: newellj

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
If you are a real consumer and a staunch Apple supporter it is your obligation to buy the latest and greatest.... LOL

I am still happy with my iPhone 6. The S model and 7 are better phones I am sure, but if you are happy with your current phone, I see no reason to upgrade just because there is something newer.

What is your reason for upgrading and comparing the two phones?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I voted 6s Plus. I just bought a refurb 64gb gold and am loving it. Might have been nice to get the latest model but I could never justify almost $300 more for the equivalent phone; the 6s Plus 64gb was $589 vs 7 Plus 128gb for $869.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I am planning to buy iphone.
Should I go with iphone 6s plus or iphone 7.
The difference is $200.

Where are you located? In the States, I believe the difference is around US$100, and at that price I'd buy a 7 every time. With a US$200 difference I think it's a close call. But I don't know whether you're talking about US$ or another currency.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
Buy a used iPhone 6s Plus and wait for the REAL new iphone next year. Recently I returned my iPhone 7 and bought a used 6s plus 128gb for myself and another for my brother. Both cost $900 and cheaper than a brand new 7 Plus. They feels the same. The 7 takes better pictures in low light. In good light you won't see the difference. The speed bump is not noticeable either. You know you'll want that iphone 8. 2016 is almost over and when rumors start to kick in, no one will bother with the iPhone 7 any more...

Reactions: lordofthereef

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Where are you located? In the States, I believe the difference is around US$100, and at that price I'd buy a 7 every time. With a US$200 difference I think it's a close call. But I don't know whether you're talking about US$ or another currency.
The poll options say 6s plus or 7 plus, so I'm assuming that is what is being compared. The difference between the two is actually $219, if we are being technical.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
No iPhone 6s plus is better at its price tag, the only phone that can beat the iPhone 6s plus is the all new anniversary iPhone (which i am eagerly waiting for), that will be a true upgrade from iPhone 6s plus.

See bolded above. Your statement makes no sense at all. The 7 Plus already exists and trumps the 6s Plus. It may be the same chassis, but @OriginalAppleGuy already listed why the 7 Plus is a better iPhone with upgrades in every facet.

Of course the "iPhone 8" will be better than the 6s, and it will be better than the iPhone 7. That's the point of "Upgrading", because iPhones improve in software and hardware.

Your theory with the 6s being on par with the performance is inaccurate. The 7 Plus has additional Ram to support less lag, fewer Refreshes and more multitasking in tabs. You stated the performance of the "iPhone 7 is not enough not notice a difference." This statement shows me nothing more than an anecdotal analogy, the A10 Fusion is significantly faster than A9.

You mentioned you used the 7 Plus for a "Few days." That doesn't say much when someone as myself who owns both the 6s Plus and 7 Plus. I can tell you the 7 Plus is more efficient with power and multitasking.

I think you struggle to mitigate the differences. I don't believe the iPhone 7 Plus is highly superior over the 6s Plus. But make no mistake, there are enough improvements Over the 6s.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
See bolded above. Your statement makes no sense at all. The 7 Plus already exists and trumps the 6s Plus. It may be the same chassis, but @OriginalAppleGuy already listed why the 7 Plus is a better iPhone with upgrades in every facet.

Of course the "iPhone 8" will be better than the 6s, and it will be better than the iPhone 7. That's the point of "Upgrading", because iPhones improve in software and hardware.

Your theory with the 6s being on par with the performance is inaccurate. The 7 Plus has additional Ram to support less lag, fewer Refreshes and more multitasking in tabs. You stated the performance of the "iPhone 7 is not enough not notice a difference." This statement shows me nothing more than an anecdotal analogy, the A10 Fusion is significantly faster than A9.

You mentioned you used the 7 Plus for a "Few days." That doesn't say much when someone as myself who owns both the 6s Plus and 7 Plus. I can tell you the 7 Plus is more efficient with power and multitasking.

I think you struggle to mitigate the differences. I don't believe the iPhone 7 Plus is highly superior over the 6s Plus. But make no mistake, there are enough improvements Over the 6s.
You don't understand a thing don't you????!!!:D.the iPhone 6s plus offers a lot at at its current price point compared to the new iPhone 7 plus and it's not a huge upgrade for iPhone 6s plus users, the only iPhone that make sense over the iPhone 6s plus is the upcoming anniversary iPhone,so for now I am proudly using my iPhone 6s plus
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
here is the lineup.adding anniversary iPhone next year

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You don't understand a thing don't you????!!!:D.the iPhone 6s plus offers a lot at at its current price point compared to the new iPhone 7 plus and it's not a huge upgrade for iPhone 6s plus users, the only iPhone that make sense over the iPhone 6s plus is the upcoming anniversary iPhone,so for now I am proudly using my iPhone 6s plus View attachment 675726 View attachment 675727 here is the lineup.adding anniversary iPhone next year

Your pictures have nothing to do with the post or topic. Anniversary iPhone line up for next year? What? I don't even know where or how to Make sense of anything you're saying. It's futile having a discussion with you. It's almost as if you are intentionally blocking out what other forum members have posted with accuracy. Good luck with what you're trying to prove, which obviously isn't much.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Your pictures have nothing to do with the post or topic. Anniversary iPhone line up for next year? What? I don't even know where or how to Make sense of anything you're saying. It's futile having a discussion with you. It's almost as if you are intentionally blocking out what other forum members have posted with accuracy. Good luck with what you're trying to prove, which obviously isn't much.
I repeat!!!:mad:)⋅⋅⋅⋅>You have nothing to prove, iPhone 6s plus is still a good phone in 2016 and will remain until the 2017 anniversary iPhone arrives,meanwhile another picture of the line
IMG_0227.JPG
looks great until the Anniversary iPhone arrives:D

Last edited:

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I repeat!!!:mad:)⋅⋅⋅⋅>You have nothing to prove, iPhone 6s plus is still a good phone in 2016 and will remain until the 2017 anniversary iPhone arrives,meanwhile another picture of the line
looks great until the Anniversary iPhone arrives:D

Calm down dude, no one is saying the 6s is garbage - just that the 7 is a more significant upgrade than you say.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
The poll options say 6s plus or 7 plus, so I'm assuming that is what is being compared. The difference between the two is actually $219, if we are being technical.

I'm seeing $120, not $220, and at that difference I'd go for the 7 or 7 Plus over the year-old 6S versions. IMO ~$100 is not enough to compensate for buying last year's tech.

Reactions: lordofthereef

Mike5254

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2016
Cincinnati and Philippines
Check your priorities. Check your budget. Read and compare. Give yourself some more time to think. Don't rush everything.
Me, coming from 5/5s, I love my iPhone 7+.
PS: No 3.5 audio jack on the iPhone 7+.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I'm seeing $120, not $220, and at that difference I'd go for the 7 or 7 Plus over the year-old 6S versions. IMO ~$100 is not enough to compensate for buying last year's tech.
Or get a 6s plus 64gb refurb for $590 vs 128gb 7 plus for $860, much bigger difference. The standard 32gb 7 plus is by most reviews too small.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
You're correct if buying from Apple direct. The 16gb can be had for less, should money savings be a priority. But obviously only so long as stock exists. (The difference is actually $240 on amazon at the moment; we are now talking nearly 1/3 the total cost of the phone)

And of course used and refurbs can be a much starker savings still.

Anyway was simply trying to demonstrate the money savings that could be had. I don't think you're wrong regarding buying current tech for $100 more, particularly when set on buying from Apple. My decision would be based almost solely on how long I plan on keeping the device. With he way carriers are competing right now I could buy a 6s plus today and then trade it towards a free phone when the next one hits. This is very likely what I will do with my device (though I didn't just get that). For those that plan to do this I honestly feel you're going to have an experience almost indistinguishable between the 6s plus and 7 plus for the 10-ish months left before the before the new phone hits.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.