Which is the more agonizing wait: Announcement or Launch?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iSingandiDance, Mar 5, 2012.

?

Which is the more agonizing wait?

1. Announcement

112 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Launch Day

63 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

With the announcement of the iPad 3 looming just days away, do you consider that wait more agonizing and painstaking or the actual launch date?

I think I'll have to go with the launch date. Even if all of the speculations were true and Apple souped the iPad 3 up beyond our wildest expectations it's still just a tease. We can only see images and videos of others playing with it, while we still have to wait those extra weeks until we too can get our grubby little hands on it.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

The problem with the wait is until you know what the iPad 3 (or iPad HD if you believe some of the rumours) features are you don't know if you really need one or not. I've only been to one launch day (iPhone 4) and although it was an early start, I quite enjoyed meeting like minded people who shared a common love of all things apple. Enjoyed being the envy of the whole que as I left though as I was 7th from the front!

3. Emoo macrumors regular

I voted announcement. The (fairly short?) time between announcement and launch just lets me get more excited about the concrete features Apple tells us about. Waiting for the confirmation or crushing denial of the actual specs is worse for me.

4. iSolidus macrumors member

iSolidus

Definitely the launch, living overseas and all.

5. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Waiting a few weeks to get my hands on one won't be as bad as waiting months for Apple to actually demo the thing. I voted announcement.

6. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

Before the announcement, i always think the announcement is the most agonising part. And then a couple of nights after all the excitement has boiled down, i'd say the launch...
    Both are as agonising as each other! :)

7. urkel macrumors 68030

Definitely launch. even if it's nothing more than an iPad 2 with retina display then we sold our iPad 2s already and will buy the next version.

My biggest fear is the 5PM garbage from last year. I don't mind losing sleep to wait for the iPad but I hated the idea of being rounded up in the middle of the day like cattle to be on display as human billboards.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

9. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

The wait for the announcement is more agonizing because it is the more immediate thing I'm waiting for. I'm hoping for a 9th launch!

10. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can always order online.

11. Mr.DD216 macrumors member

Announcement

Definitely the announcement! Because this is the wait where none of us know EXACTLY what's going to be on the iPad 3. We can't even be 101% sure that there will be a Retina Display..until they announce it. Its agonizing more to me because I'm nervous and don't know if they will improve BOTH cameras..if they will include Siri..if they will have 4G..and whatever new features they will add to it as they usually do (ex. Photobooth) but after I'm satisfied and know what's going to be on the new iPad, I feel I can easily wait that next week to get my hands on one.

12. MartyXB macrumors member

Announcement

My purchase hinges on availability of 4G. No 4G - no purchase and a wait of a year (Please no!)

13. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Of course the launch. Wednesday is just around the corner. Getting an actual one in your hands is a whole different story.

14. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Announcement is the worse wait for me. Until the announcement, everything we think we know is just a rumour. Until Apple officially announces the new product, it technically doesn't exist. I always want to know the new features and the special hidden announcement that the rumours never seem to guess (the "one more thing" from Steve's days).

15. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

16. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

Neither. Apple's products are so good that you can enjoy the older generation devices long after new ones are introduced. New launches are like- a bonus! Apple's really good about the evolution of their products.

You're always satisfied.

17. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

That wasn't possible last year if you wanted it on day 1. Hopefully they llow preorders this year.

18. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

19. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Both are the same, but I guess it is more fun between the announcement and launch because you can plan out what you are doing on launch day and actually know what it is vs just plain unconfirmed rumors

20. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The announcement is more agonizing because it's the point where the new device becomes reality. Up until then, we only get rumors and reports. All of that stuff means nothing until we actually see the new device.

The wait until release isn't as bad because the time after the announcement is spent researching what the new device is capable of and pre-planning how to get it.

21. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

The announcement finally puts all these rumors to rest...the announcement will finally tell us what is actually in it LOL. The matter of waiting a week to wait in line and dish out 499+ comes second... :p

Seriously. Rumors are:
    1. price bump
    1a. retina will cost extra
    2. iPad 2S/lower priced iPad 2
    3. Yes/No LTE will be included
    4. Will be called iPad 3
    4a. Will be called iPad HD
    5. Yes/No on home button
    6. A5X vs A6
    6a. faster dual core or quad core
    7. 128GB iPad 3/8GB iPad 2
    7a. 32/64/128 instead of usual 16/32/64

Not that I don't enjoy rumors...we'll just finally know for sure :)

22. yegon macrumors 68020

Deffo the announcement. I'm largely convinced I'll want a 3, but until I know what the specs are I'm still slightly on the fence whether to keep rocking my 2 for another year. If I was yet to own an iPad at all, all of the waiting would be excruciating, kind of like the interminable wait I had to suffer before getting my iPhone 3G, my first iPhone. Got it at launch but the month leading up to that draaaagged.

23. Lastof macrumors regular

Doubt we will get an answer to that question at the Keynote. I'd expect us to get told it's faster and have to wait for iFixIt to tear one apart to learn what is actually inside.

24. maclook macrumors 65816

Announcement.

For launch, it's just waiting and some planning.
    For announcement, it's waiting and wondering and filtering rumors and planning for hypothetical situations and wondering some more.

25. OH!MAC™ macrumors member

OH!MAC™

Announcement, the unknown is always the hardest part.