Which MacBook Pro do you own??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jarooda, Mar 13, 2010.

?

What MBP do you own?

1. I'm still rocking my original Core Duo launch MBP!!

6.6%
  2. A Core 2 Duo pre-unibody model.

21.3%
  3. 15" or 17" Unibody MBP

26.4%
  4. 13" Unibody MBP

25.6%
  5. None these updates are taking forever!!!

22.5%
  1. Jarooda macrumors member

Jarooda

Just wanted to know what kind of mix the forum users have.

I own a 13" MBP that i bought this past July for my birthday. I sold my second generation White MacBook and put it towards the MBP. I was originally going to settle for the 2.26GHz model, but ultimately decided that the extra 300MHz would be worth it for the life of the machine.

2. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

3. mishima710 macrumors newbie

just sold my MacBook unibody, and waiting for the new MBP!!

4. Waldszenen macrumors member

Never owned a Mac before. When I decided to buy one, I opted for a MacBook Pro and would have gotten one last month were it not for me accidentally stumbling across this website. -_-

5. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I have the 15" Unibody, coming from a white MacBook. I really didn't like the looks and especially the keyboard of the pre-Unibody ones, but really really love this one.

6. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

Still rocking the one in my sig; early 2007 (bought in March that year), pre-Santa Rosa. Have the RAM maxed-out & it still does pretty well. Likely won't upgrade for another year, so it'll be plenty long in the tooth by then.:D

7. mmfphotodude macrumors member

whats a MacBook Pro ;D, im still rocking my Launch Titanium PowerBook G4 500mhz! :D
    :cool:

Morgan

8. BranB macrumors newbie

After my Macbook Air was stolen the next week I went out and bought the updated 15.4" 2.4GHz MacBook Pro the week it was released in late '08. :)

9. Angra-mainju macrumors regular

bought my unibody macbook pro 13" in August 2009 and it is my first mac :) and as the proverb says "Once you go on a mac, you never come back..." I am never coming back to the bad world... ^^

10. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

My gf and I are both waiting to the summer to possibly get the new MBP's once we actually see the specs.

11. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Back in September, I bought the low end 13". I sold it two weeks ago and bought the 15". Very happy with it now.

I like the faster processing speed and more memory and the bigger screen of course. :)

12. mklnz macrumors regular

On a Macbook Air atm... waiting for new 15" MBP

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

15" unibody model. Late 08, 2.53GHz flavor

it's been a rock solid computer and I have no plans on replacing it for quite a while

14. Raven1138 macrumors newbie

macbook pro 1,1 baby!
    I like my workhose, but the screen in slowly dying and the hardware is feeling the years...

15. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

MacBook Pro 17" 4,1 (Last ****ing model before unibody, i was devastated 2.5GHz / 2GB / 250GB/ 8600M GT 512MB )

MacBook Pro 13" 5,5 (2.53GHz / 4GB / 500GB / 9400M )

16. plaxico44 macrumors regular

plaxico44

My girlfriend and I are both waiting very impatiently for Arrandale :rolleyes:

17. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

Couldnt wait for Arrandale, so pulled the trigger on a 13" Unibody MBP last November.

18. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I have a 2 year old 17" MBP C2D (2.5 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD), but I just ordered the new i7 27" iMac. Going to sell the MBP to help pay for the iMac.

I've got a MBA now which has become my travel computer and don't feel the need to have 2 portables anymore. Looking forward to the huge new screen! :)

19. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

I have a few that if disclosed would show my true age so I will simply say this 2.4 Ghz pre unibody model from Feb 2008 is my go to mobile machine and still has a real keyboard (not a fan of chicklets).

I am throwing around the idea of "handing down" this model to the Mrs. if the new MBP prove to be significant upgrades and there are no first rev hardware issues. I'd love a decked out high res 13" but will stick with this tried and true (yes with the original 8600 GT) warrior until the next "new" models are not so new, or at the very least are released with no mass reported issues.

20. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

I have a 2 year old 17 inch 2.4Ghz Core-Duo pre Unibody MBP. I have been very happy with it and became happier still after I upgraded to 6 gig of RAM last month. My MBP is my primary machine. Although I still have a desktop PC on my network, it goes mostly unused these days.

I think it's remarkable that the distribution among the poll choices has been so even so far.

21. F.Breezy macrumors newbie

Like my father I'm very very impatient so I couldn't wait for the updates, went out Friday night and bought the 15" 2.53 ghz MBP. LOVE IT.

22. charpi macrumors regular

None of these. I only have my core duo macbook. Am I the one with the lousiest mac around here? :p

23. Sn0wball macrumors regular

I don't have any as yet. I'm waiting for the new one, but the wait is becoming incredibly boring.

I'm actually PC user and wanted to jump ship, but PC laptops are looking more and more appealing as time goes by.

24. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

Yeah, if I were just now considering switching from Windows to the Mac camp, I would have to think twice, too. It appears as if Sony and others are offering PCs with faster processors and better graphics than the MBPs have these days. Many of them are just as lightweight.

Seven years ago the calculus was much easier. When I bought a 17 inch Powerbook G4, in 2003, both the size and resolution of its display represented the state of the art. Apple simply doesn't have that kind of an edge anymore.

25. Redbookpro macrumors newbie

original

macbookpro 1,1

The one with the terrible whine. But it's been all around the world and served me well.