Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What MBP do you own?

• Total voters

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
June 2006 Core Duo MacBook Pro 1,1 (see sig. for specs)

still runs like a champ!

however, it is nothing like the machine that arrived at the door that summer day. here is a list of what's been replaced ur upgraded:

• RAM (1 GB --> 2 GB)
• hard drive (80 GB --> 250GB)
• OS (10.4.6 --> 10.6.2)
• Airport card (802.11n Mac Pro card upgrade)
• battery x2 (replacement program coverage the first time)
• bottom casing (RAM cover screw was machined improperly, Genius ruined the case trying to get the screw out, Apple replaced it)

that's what I get for getting a Rev. A model (I needed it at the time, though), but now that I've invested in the upgrades, I foresee another 3-4 years of use out of it, easily (it's still plenty fast enough for me).

dmarch

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Big Sky, MT
MacBook Pro 3,1
2.4 GHz Santa Rosa
500GB 7200 HDD
6 GB RAM

I've had no issues with this machine and can say it is easily the best computer that I've ever owned. Apple Care is up in September, so I'm starting to look at the 17". Like others have said, I'll wait and see what the next revision brings.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
In siggy, still going strong. Even play new games on this thing. Really worth the money these MBPs, I think Apple has done a great job with them. Just currently, I think that if you're shopping for a laptop, you'd not be maximizing your gain if you bought an MBP at this moment in time. A lot of people know that, but many don't it seems judging by the new MBP threads..

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
MacBook Pro 3,1
2.4 GHz Santa Rosa
500GB 7200 HDD
6 GB RAM

I've had no issues with this machine and can say it is easily the best computer that I've ever owned. Apple Care is up in September, so I'm starting to look at the 17". Like others have said, I'll wait and see what the next revision brings.
My rig is identical to yours except that I have never upgraded my original 160 gig hard drive. Mine has been terrific, too, and became even better after I upgraded the RAM from 2 to 6 gig.

Stinkysteve

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2002
Westchester County, NY
MacBook Pro
2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Memory

I have a year and a week of AppleCare left on this one.
The next one will most likely be the 17 inch MacBook Pro unless they bring back the old expansion card slot on the 15 inch.

0eyvind

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
No Mac yet. Settled for the MacBook Pro at the end of 2009, and would've purchased it by christmas if I hadn't stumbled across this site.

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
whats a MacBook Pro ;D, im still rocking my Launch Titanium PowerBook G4 500mhz! :D
:cool:
I have a Powerbook G4, too, a 17 inch. Mine is 7 years old and still runs well but I took it out of service two years ago when I bought a 17 inch Macbook Pro. The old G4 was a good computer and gave me long service but its inability to run Windows apps rendered it no longer ready for prime time for my purposes. Despite its limitations, the G4 is still a good backup computer. In fact I recently bought a new battery for it. I also bought a (cheap) USB Wi-Fi adapter because the Airport card was failing. Anyway, the G4 just keeps on truckin', even after 7 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.