Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Majmun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2016
Hi guys, I really need your help... I am in dilemma. I would like to buy macbook but I have two on my table. Both are used and in good shape:
Mb 15' 2014 2.2ghz 16gb ram £900
Mb 13' 2015 2.7ghz 8gb ram £680

Both have apple care.

My work is developer java and android. what do you guys suggest?
Also you need to know. I already have macbook 15' I am happy with it. This one is for my wife and a backup if something happens to mine.
I know 15 is much better but is it worth that much or other way around is 13 relly cheap compared to 15...

Last edited:
Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Get a new 15. That way, you will have 3 MacBooks on the desk. Make your own MacBook Trilogy. ;)

But seriously, do you even need a new one?

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
Hi guys, I really need your help... I am in dilemma. I would like to buy macbook but I have two on my table. Both are used and in good shape:
Mb 15' 2014 2.2ghz 16gb ram £900
Mb 13' 2015 2.7ghz 8gb ram £680

Both have apple care.

My work is developer java and android. what do you guys suggest?
Also you need to know. I already have macbook 15' I am happy with it. This one is for my wife and a backup if something happens to mine.
I know 15 is much better but is it worth that much or other way around is 13 relly cheap compared to 15...

Same dilemma for me, different usage (web development). Im leaning towards 13" as I have an external monitor. The only thing that worries me is the 8gb as I'm going to keep it for 4-5 years.

Majmun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2016
Same dilemma for me, different usage (web development). Im leaning towards 13" as I have an external monitor. The only thing that worries me is the 8gb as I'm going to keep it for 4-5 years.
I doubt that 4-5 years will last any with me... But I already do have 15inch and for primary machine I didnt even thinking...It is much faster.. If I would be you for primary machine take 15..

This one is like my backup and a toy for my wife...
[doublepost=1478338008][/doublepost]I will take both, create project compile run and compare time... If significant difference then I will keep better one
otherwise keep 13inch

Last edited:
Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.