Which mouse is better for macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macsforcollege?, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

I did some research and spoke to someone from apple and they reccomended these mouses.

Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks

Logitech VX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks

anybody have any of those? i think the nano is better but i want to know what you guys think. I would probably get it off ebay or something since its more expensive from apple.

THANKS!

2. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

my brother has the nano one. he doesn't use a mac, but the mouse does get the job done. of course the size is a matter, if you're used to bigger mouses. i would say go for it, seeing how logitech is a WONDERFUL brand when it comes to mouses. i would have bought a logitech mouse when i bought a mouse a few months back, but for a while there, it wasn't compatible with vista.

but if you like smaller ones, go for the nano. . it is a little cheaper.

3. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

just got my macbook 2 days ago. realizing i would rather use a mouse then a trackpad.....had to go for the wireless might mouse. Couldnt go wrong

4. LaJaca macrumors regular

LaJaca

I have the same question.

Anyone here using a wireless mighty mouse for their macbook?

5. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

I use the Wireless MM for our iMac and it's great. For the MB I use the MS Bluetooth Laser 5000. Fits in my Laptop bag, and it's very comfortable. Plus no dongle or USB thing to mess around with...

6. actorkid macrumors 6502

ive been using the wireless mighty mouse with my blackbook since march.

I must say I love it. I think I've changed the batteries once since I got it. The only gripe I have with it is that if you have it set to right and left click, it sometimes gets confused as to whether or not you want to right or left click...you just have to make sure sometimes that you don't have a finger fully resting on the side of the mouse you dont want to click.

you can just make it an old school one button mouse and use command click when you want to right click....but this problem hasn't bothered me to THAT extent

7. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

8. icecap macrumors newbie

just got a macbook 2 days ago... love it... the mouse to pair I used is a Razer proV1.6.. chose a corded over a wireless one as changing batteries on my PC wireless keyboard was a hassle for me.. it's also cheaper than the logitech bluetooth mouse I wanted... couldnt't be more happy with the precision as well.. :)

9. yaroldb macrumors 6502

I've used a MM from day one. I purchased it with my Macbook 2 years ago. I've loved it since. Although it does tend to forget to right click sometimes. :rolleyes:

10. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

hate it when that happens sometimes it depends on the mouse i think because when I got my 1st MM brand new the right click was kind of glitchy.

But my most recent one for me new macbook is perfect everytime thank goodness

11. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i've used the mighty mouse, he wireless mighty mouse and the vx nano with my macbook..

vx nano wins HANDS DOWN.. its just a beauty!!!

for my desktop i ditched the apple mice and went with the vx's big bro, the mx revolution..

12. MattKanzler macrumors member

13. pattman247 macrumors regular

Vx Nano!

its the best mouse i ever owned, its lefty and righty friendly, and with steermouse u can dedicate the 5 extra buttons for individual programs. Plus it has that handly dualmode scroll wheel, perfect in making timelapses in aperture just by scrolling :D
    the reciever is so small too i never take it off the computer.

14. iChrisG macrumors member

VX Revoloution

Very nice. But I would also recommend Apple's own Wireless Mighty Mouse, but if you don't want that, the VX Revoloution is definatly the best way to go.

15. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

i read that the for the nano the USB gets stuck in the usp port? is that true? are you able to take it out anytime? and isnt it easy to lose the usb?
    and it is reallly small? i currently have a wireless ms ( with usb) and its small. i assume it would be around the same size

16. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

17. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Here's another vote for the VX Revolution... Great mouse

As far as the Mighty Mouse goes, I haven't tried it but a few of my friends really seem to like it.

18. M4CBOOK macrumors regular

M4CBOOK

19. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

Logitech.. meh, never really been impressed with em.
    I've always liked Razer: http://www.razerzone.com/c-2-gaming-mice.aspx
    Plus, they look friggin' sweet!
    [​IMG]

I own a Razer Copperhead atm and am very pleased with it-- they work very well. Highly recommend em. Oh, and they're not just for gamers, they're just high quality. :)

20. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I am a firm believer in Apple products for Apple computers. I had one of the original MM for my Mac, then the moment the wireless was releases I order one of them and could not say that I could be any more pleased. I haven't had any problems with the scroll ball or anything. Knock on wood (Knock Knock).

21. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

my microsoft mouse is the best mouse i ve ever bough.....10 bucks, i ve had it for over a year now, never had problem with it

22. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

the nano looks really nice. I use a logitech V220 wireless optical mouse which just has a usb receiver and the mouse and its GREAT. Probably wont switch mouses for awhile.

On the other hand, the MX revolution is probably one of the best mice out there. I don't quite know if i'd use that on my MacBook over a smaller mouse such as the V220 or the nano.

23. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I really like my logitech mx510, not for gaming but for graphics. I'm not sure how the might mouse would work for graphics. I tried it and still am skeptical.

24. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

I cant decide. Nano or Revolution... Which one is better for the macbook?

25. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden