Which one would you pick, 16GB iPod touch or 8 GB iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pbmaster93, Oct 2, 2007.

1. pbmaster93 macrumors newbie

I dont know if these should be on another section but Wich one would you pick?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you're going to use the iPhone in a legit manner on AT&T, I would choose that.

But if you're going to unlock it, Apple is going to find a way to shut it down. They just disabled all unlocks and third party applications in the 1.1.1 update. So in this case, the 16GB touch is better.

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

probably iPod touch because it will be soon jailbreaked and have all the iPhone apps (excluding the phone and all that) on it.

4. pbmaster93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thnx

thnx I believe that too and the 2 year contract with AT&T is a B$%^:mad: I wonder if the company is worth the ealry termination fee

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, we all know how much Apple loved hacks on the iPhone.

Seriously, even if that does happen... it won't last long.

6. McGiord, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

If you want the phone you know what to do.
    It seems that you don't want the phone so go for the Touch.
    You are posting in the Touch forum....you know why....
    ________
    Dodge Journey history

7. pbmaster93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont know maybe apple wont bother so much with the ipod touch, I believe that AT&T made apple be more strict about the unlockings and third party aplications.

8. pbmaster93 thread starter macrumors newbie

True and also that I am new but true only if my dad buys the iphone I will be able to get one because of the family plan but still I like to do my research.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

I doubt it. Apple likes to be in control of everything. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is an agreement with AT&T where some apps can only be on the iPhone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see apps for sale through iTunes, though. Time will tell.

10. awmazz macrumors 65816

Does that actually work? Has anyone actually done it? Pay out to terminate the contract and they unlock the iPhone for use with other carriers?

11. aethelbert macrumors 601

No, they don't unlock it. They just disable their cellular service. Currently (1.1.1), there is no way to unlock the iPhone.

12. pbmaster93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope so but now that you tell me its true all companys are about profit and maybe apple will sell apps through itunes

13. pbmaster93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Curse AT&T :mad:

14. aethelbert macrumors 601

You just said that all companies (meaning AT&T) are about profit. Then you get mad at them for that?

15. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

iPhone.

Having so many functions in one device is truly liberating.

16. pbmaster93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just dont like it that for a great product you have to stick with one company I just believe that the partnership between apple and AT&T was a bad move if you could use the Iphone on any GSM provider they would have sold their 2 millionth iphone by now.

17. aethelbert macrumors 601

Oh, no no no. It would have been a lot more than two million. Any carrier worldwide? That would have been a BUNCH of people.

18. pbmaster93 thread starter macrumors newbie

true I would have liked it if it was like buying a macbook or an ipod just buy it and take it to Africa if you whant to.

19. awmazz macrumors 65816

Thanks for the info. So I assume then that the same happens when the contract expires naturally after 2 years - either re-sign for another two/three years or have no phone service at all with anyone.

Which would shed a somewhat different light on the situation as it means in reality it's not a 2 year contract at all. You're locked in with the same provider for the duration of their 5 year deal with Apple if you want any phone service on the iPhone.

20. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

Personally I just got the 8GB iPod Touch to hold me over until the iPhone comes into Canada. I'm sure it will be at least 6 months to a year until that happens, but this iPod Touch will keep me happy until then. And probably bigger sized drives for these devices by then too, then I'm not stuck with all these great features on a phone with a small amount of storage.

21. Zeromus macrumors member

Zeromus

At the moment, iPod touch.

No iPhone in Australia, probably won't be for a while. Also, I just love burning through picture messages (MMS's) and the iPhone doesn't really do it (at all) for me in that regard.

22. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

if you're into the modding / 3rd party programs, I'd say your bet for now is the iPod Touch...

I have an 8gb iPhone, as someone said earlier, if you're legitimately using it with AT&T it's the greatest thing ever :)

23. dcv macrumors G3

I haven't actually had a chance to play with either device yet - but if you were to buy an iPhone and not activate it as a phone, isn't there still more functionality on it than the iPod touch? I mean it has the camera, bluetooth, email etc - isn't all of that missing on the iPod? Is there anything available on the iPod touch that the iPhone doesn't have? :confused: (apart from the extra storage space)

24. chrismarks macrumors newbie

Thats what im doing. As well as waiting for my telus contract to end which is 2 years still. I have the touch until the contract ends and a new iphone comes out. I cant wiat for my touch to show up