Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ajcadoo, Jun 16, 2012.
So let's hear!
(Sorry 2.7GHz isn't an option, forgot to put it in!)
768gb of flash storage
Mid july delivery
2.7Ghz i7 Ivy Bridge
768GB Flash Storage
Maxed out all the options and bought the best possible. Its coming in 3 weeks. Cant wait!
Need more options in your poll!
2.7, 16, 512
Same config for me too! Delivery 2 - 6 July!
I ordered the 2.3ghz, 8GB ram, 256GB flash storage. My first Mac! Delivery July 5-10. Can't wait
Lottsa 2.6 it looks like!
I have to wait until mid July
I had to get the one that wouldn't go in this poll
2.7GHz / 16GB RAM / 768 SSD
Ships 17-23rd of July, A month is long
Your missing the 2.7 CPU upgrade in the poll !
I'm surprised so many seem to be going for it, just 100MHz over the 2.6 give the cost?
Those that went for the 2.7 CPU, is the performance improvement noticeable? All I can see is it has an extra 2mb cache and 400 mhz speed increase (it's 100 mhz per CORE)
If I brought one I would be torn between the 2.6 and 2.7 with 16gb ram and 512gb ssd.
2.3, 16, 256.
Left Anchorage this morning, I expect it will arrive Tuesday (will need to clear Canadian customs on Monday, too late for delivery that day)
2.6 GHz / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD
Basically the one in my signature
I went for the maxed out one coz i'm planing on keeping it a few years (just like I did with my old macbook pro's)
I ordered the standard config, 2.3GHz, 8GB and 256GB. I'll mainly use my computer for uni, surfing, and some gaming, and I couldn't quite justify the upgrades for my needs. I was a bit concerned about the 256 gigs, and if it would be enough. But the main space hogger for me is large video files, and I have a sleek, small external drive that holds 750GB, so I can use that for storage if I need it eventually.
I'm using and old MacBook (the white one) now, with a CPU that's 2.4GHz duo core, 2 gigs of RAM and an HDD of 320. So the new machine will be a significant upgrade for me.
If you have the money, why not go for it?
I like to max out the options and buy the best possible so that it lasts the maximum amount of time.
I last purchased a mac in 2008/2009 and didn't plan on buying another one until a redesign/huge spec upgrade next time. Now, 4 years later, is the next time IMHO, so I purchased.
I won't buy another mac until 2016.
It cost me £3000, but over the space of 4 years its worth it to me. If I bought a lower spec I'd get the feeling to upgrade sooner and I'd end up spending more per year on average than £3000 every 4 years.
I ordered the standard config, 2.3GHz, 8GB and 256GB. Could not bare to pay Apple tax for over priced ssd which I don't need and memory. I probably would get 2.6/2.7 if they offered with 256 ssd drive.
For me, I've always ordered a spec below the top spec because I never found the top spec to be worth the money. This is in general for laptops, not just Apple. Likewise, my next purchase will be sometime in the 2016 timeframe but I think the 2.6 GHZ version will work fine until then.
I ordered the one which crashes all the time with kernel panics.
I've had one since Friday, and since then I've had about 20 kernel panics with the nvidia drivers in the stack trace.
Broke down and ordered the rMBP to replace my 5.5 year old kaput 17" 2.33 MBP (late 2006).
15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers Jul 17 - Jul 23 by Standard Shipping
Part Number: Z0ML
With the following configuration:
2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
2.7Ghz i7 Ivy Bridge
512GB Flash Storage
I just could not bring myself to spend the extra 500 for only 256 GBs
it will be here on the 25th to the 28th of june. I took the afternoon off to read the keynote and order my new mac.
2.6GHz, 8GB, 512GB
I was going to go for the base model, but I was already worried about the lack of storage. Between two partitions, it just didn't seem like enough for me.
July 20th delivery. Tear.
If I end up getting a retina model, still torn on which configuration to get. I plan on starting some music production, and I'm going into CS at uni this fall. I really don't know how my uses will change as far as RAM/storage. Can anyone comment?
I'd LIKE for the base model to more than meet my needs, as the price of entry into the retina MBP world is already a bit steep for me.
Mine is 9th July - 13th July and I can barely handle the wait!