Which should I get if a want a different/funner experience ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alka3oor, Sep 6, 2011.

1. alka3oor macrumors newbie

Hello guys new here this is my 1st post.

Its just that at the moment I owen and Iphone 2G and have had and Ipod touch before and I am looking to upgrade know I am looking at two options.I either want a Iphone 4 or and Ipad (1st gen).

My question is which should I go for if a want a new/more fun experience to the one I have had with pervious apple products .

Also will the Ipad 1st gen be getting the IOS5 update ?

Thanks guys.

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Well, of you consider a camera fun, then get the phone. Otherwise, I'd get the iPad.

3. alka3oor thread starter macrumors newbie

It terms of camera and calls ect... I dont use those allot know on my iphone 2G so doubt I would on Iphone 4.

Thanks.

4. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Save the money and get some lessons in helicopter flying, or buy a powered paraglider. Much funner than a new camera.

5. KOZOK macrumors member

If you want a more funner pervious experience than you get with apple products alone, try vibratorwarehouse.com.

6. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the "plug" :)

7. swedefish macrumors 6502

If you like games and gimmicky apps, I'd go for the iPhone. However, if you like to try your hand at e.g. drawing or music creation, I'd go with the iPad. Also, the iPad is an excellent e-reader and great for PDF articles and news/media consumption in general.

8. Skika macrumors 68030

I would say go for the iPad. It is really a blast of a device and a great user experience. Once i got the iPad, i use the iPhone mainly for calls and texts :)

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

On behalf of Americans who aren't like that guy, I apologize.

Since you have an iPhone 2G and haven't felt compelled to get the improved version I'd say try the iPad. Ideally you'd buy each and return the one you don't like.

10. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I had to make the same decision you are making now.

The iPad was my choice because of the bigger screen. Reading and watching videos is much more fun on the larger screen. My grandson says games are much better on the larger screen.

I use my old phone for calls and the iPad for everything else.

11. dzigg macrumors member

Agree.. since the OP said he wants something new, and he already had an iphone 2G and ipod touch, iphone 4 won't be that much different from form factor and screen size.. iPad will be a different experience.

12. applefan289 macrumors 68000

A cell phone has a hundred times more radiation than a Wi-Fi device. Would you want to be next to radiation microwaves all day?

13. KOZOK macrumors member

He's not an American, he's a Texan.

14. alka3oor thread starter macrumors newbie

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Yes, it is getting iOS 5. And based on previous iDevices, it could very well receive iOS 6 before Apple finally stops supporting it.

16. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I was gonna say a girl, but then i clicked on the thread..
    Wait for iPad 3.

17. ucantgetridofme macrumors 6502

Just go to Toys R Us if you're looking for something fun to play with.

18. musika macrumors 65816

musika

I see what you did there ;)

----------

I'd say it'll absolutely get 6. Maybe even OS 7.... Maybe.

19. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

OP: I'd say go for an iPad if you're looking for a change of pace. Plus in addition to having many optimised apps, it is also great as an eReader and for just light internet browsing.

Oooooh, nice one ;)

20. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

iPad 2 and you'll be good.

My hope is more apps will take advantage of the added horsepower (today and going forward) to make it a better long term "fit" for you.

Plus you get a camera (x2) and can have fun taking Photo Booth pics of yourself. :eek:

21. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Definitely iPad! I can see where a lack of interest in a camera would make the original iPad a great option.

22. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

If you're still rocking a first-gen iPhone, and can wait a month or so, get the iPhone.
    Going from first gen to an iPhone 5, will be like going from horse and cart to a Lamborghini.
    If you use your phone just for the basic calls and texts and isn't that important, get the iPad.

23. macrat, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

macrat macrumors regular

After I got my iPad 2, I only used my iPhone 3GS to make and receive calls. You will not be sorry if you get an iPad and if I were you, I would save a little more money and splurge on an iPad 2!

Once you own an iPad, you will find that the iPhone screen is almost painfully too small and useless except for phone calls and music or podcast listening.