Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alka3oor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
Hello guys new here this is my 1st post.

Its just that at the moment I owen and Iphone 2G and have had and Ipod touch before and I am looking to upgrade know I am looking at two options.I either want a Iphone 4 or and Ipad (1st gen).

My question is which should I go for if a want a new/more fun experience to the one I have had with pervious apple products .

Also will the Ipad 1st gen be getting the IOS5 update ?

Thanks guys.

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Save the money and get some lessons in helicopter flying, or buy a powered paraglider. Much funner than a new camera.

KOZOK

macrumors member
May 2, 2011
My question is which should I go for if a want a new/more fun experience to the one I have had with pervious apple products .
If you want a more funner pervious experience than you get with apple products alone, try vibratorwarehouse.com.

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
If you like games and gimmicky apps, I'd go for the iPhone. However, if you like to try your hand at e.g. drawing or music creation, I'd go with the iPad. Also, the iPad is an excellent e-reader and great for PDF articles and news/media consumption in general.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I would say go for the iPad. It is really a blast of a device and a great user experience. Once i got the iPad, i use the iPhone mainly for calls and texts :)

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well have you ever thought maybe I am not from an English speaking place ?

No didnt think so.

Come back when you can read write and talk

Arabic
French
and Urdu.

On behalf of Americans who aren't like that guy, I apologize.

Since you have an iPhone 2G and haven't felt compelled to get the improved version I'd say try the iPad. Ideally you'd buy each and return the one you don't like.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
I had to make the same decision you are making now.

The iPad was my choice because of the bigger screen. Reading and watching videos is much more fun on the larger screen. My grandson says games are much better on the larger screen.

I use my old phone for calls and the iPad for everything else.

dzigg

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2007
On behalf of Americans who aren't like that guy, I apologize.

Since you have an iPhone 2G and haven't felt compelled to get the improved version I'd say try the iPad. Ideally you'd buy each and return the one you don't like.

Agree.. since the OP said he wants something new, and he already had an iphone 2G and ipod touch, iphone 4 won't be that much different from form factor and screen size.. iPad will be a different experience.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Hello guys new here this is my 1st post.

Its just that at the moment I owen and Iphone 2G and have had and Ipod touch before and I am looking to upgrade know I am looking at two options.I either want a Iphone 4 or and Ipad (1st gen).

Also will the Ipad 1st gen be getting the IOS5 update ?

Thanks guys.

A cell phone has a hundred times more radiation than a Wi-Fi device. Would you want to be next to radiation microwaves all day?

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
iPad 2 and you'll be good.

My hope is more apps will take advantage of the added horsepower (today and going forward) to make it a better long term "fit" for you.

Plus you get a camera (x2) and can have fun taking Photo Booth pics of yourself. :eek:

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
If you're still rocking a first-gen iPhone, and can wait a month or so, get the iPhone.
Going from first gen to an iPhone 5, will be like going from horse and cart to a Lamborghini.
If you use your phone just for the basic calls and texts and isn't that important, get the iPad.

macrat

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2003
Maui
After I got my iPad 2, I only used my iPhone 3GS to make and receive calls. You will not be sorry if you get an iPad and if I were you, I would save a little more money and splurge on an iPad 2!

Once you own an iPad, you will find that the iPhone screen is almost painfully too small and useless except for phone calls and music or podcast listening.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.