Which Sport Model more versatile?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nightrich, Jun 8, 2015.

?

Space Gray Sport or Silver with Blue band?

1. Space Gray

55.3%
  2. Silver

44.7%
  1. Nightrich macrumors regular

Nightrich

I am just about to order an Watch Sport and was nearly decided on the Space Gray but I got to looking at some of the third party bands and I really saw that the Silver Aluminum seemed at least to be more versatile style wise. For example with a stainless steel link band or a leather band. I need something I can also wear to the office so is a Space Gray still "suit worthy" or is it perhaps in my best interest to get the silver to have more options?

Not asking for you guys to decide for me just wanted an opinion. Thanks guys!

By the way. I will be ordering the 38mm. It looked much better on my wrist.

2. SHNXX macrumors 68000

To be honest both look a bit too toylike for suits IMO.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

4. urda Suspended

urda

None, you shouldn't be pairing non-sport bands with an Apple Watch Sport. It looks like a mixed bag of metal and colors, giving off the vibe that you are just piecemeal everything together as you go.

If you want the MOST verstatile options, you need to get a Stainless Steel body Apple Watch. All the major bands will mix with it and look great.

Remember, it's alright to have the higher end body mixed with lower end bands. It will not look good if you mix the lower end body with higher end bands.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

6. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Thanks everyone for your advice. I just ordered a SG Sport 38mm. I am an UI designer and I am in the process of making two apps for the Apple Watch and feel this was a decent entry point that still looked good. Now comes the waiting! We will see if it actually comes sooner than its estimated date now that supply has supposedly picked up. Thanks again guys.

7. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

Silver sports and the leather loops look good, idk what you're going on about.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/leather-loop-sport.1880283/#post-21260880 Take a look at the Sport and Blue Loop, not out of place at all.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

My silver sports looks just fine with my Milanese loop and classic buckle.

I think the space grey looks pretty sleek, however I'm not into dark colours so I prefer the silver. Also I think the silver looks better with more bands.

9. rosario1990 macrumors regular

10. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

11. rosario1990 macrumors regular

Different men have different choices.

12. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I disagree. I think my Space Gray with Black Sport Band works both casually and more formally. You don't even need another band though the black leather loop looks nice too.

13. Cpt. Gilgamesh macrumors regular

Cpt. Gilgamesh

The silver has way more options in terms of bands, etc, and it could have a very "classic" look to it. I think the space gray model is much more contemporary and will work for anyone who fancies a darker colored watch. I personally love mine because it's much more discreet than say the silver sport.

14. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Discreet is definitely the reason I ended up going with it over the silver. I think I may end up going with a black leather band with it possibly third party.
    With Mixyourwatch.com I was able to see it with the Apple Classic buckle and I actually like it minus the steel.

15. Cpt. Gilgamesh macrumors regular

Cpt. Gilgamesh

There are plenty of cheap leather bands on the market. And the space gray adapters are starting to arrive as well.

16. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Do you recommend any company's SG adapters over any other?

17. Cpt. Gilgamesh macrumors regular

Cpt. Gilgamesh

I haven't personally received anything yet, but head over to the accessories forum. There are some threads regarding the space gray Apple Watch as well as knock-off bands that people are testing out. Lots of links to be found.

18. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

This might be a suit-worthy possibility for you with the SG:
    Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 11.40.47 PM.png

19. SHNXX macrumors 68000

It's just a matter of personal taste.
    Politicians like to wear Timex with their tailored $10000 suits too so it really doesn't matter.

20. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

That's funny cause the black leather loop on my SGS looks great... Certainly the compliments I get on it must be wrong?

21. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

This does look nice. That's a definite buy right there. Thanks!

22. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Glad you like it. You can get it at www.monoweardesign.com Although I think they are currently sold out.

23. rosario1990 macrumors regular

This looks like black one but nice.

24. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

UPS just dropped off a little package...... I debated making an unboxing video but thought wait. There are already tons of those. I still might. I will at least post some pictures later.

25. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

In terms of holding up best to scratches I'd say silver aluminum def better. I have had both versions and stuck with the Silver after seeing damage people had on the SG casing that was noticeable as it scratched to a lighter color underneath. SG does look nice comboed with many bands but the fact that silver hides scratches much better was more important for me.

Also I like how the Silver casing "pops" with the black bands vs being seamless on the SG.