Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

montblanc1

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Intel X 25m 160GB ssd

I just ordered in newegg yesterday, and i am about to replace it as soon as it comes. Looking forward to its performance

MartyF81

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago IL
I have a OCZ Vertex and an Intel x-25 m. Both work amazing.

OWC is what a lot of people suggest on here. I havent tried one yet because I dont need a new SSD right now. But it is in the running for my next SSD.

montblanc1

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I have a OCZ Vertex and an Intel x-25 m. Both work amazing.

OWC is what a lot of people suggest on here. I havent tried one yet because I dont need a new SSD right now. But it is in the running for my next SSD.

you have intel ssd already? What's the performance ? I've seen a tons of threads in terms of this ssd, seems as if it's fine on macbook pro

MartyF81

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago IL
you have intel ssd already? What's the performance ? I've seen a tons of threads in terms of this ssd, seems as if it's fine on macbook pro

Intel has had SSD for a long time. They have been one of the top performers. The recent news was just their 3rd Generation of SSDs.

They both work great. SSD is amazing in general. It brought a tear to my eye when I put it in.

tonywang.xmpt

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
US
Intel has had SSD for a long time. They have been one of the top performers. The recent news was just their 3rd Generation of SSDs.

They both work great. SSD is amazing in general. It brought a tear to my eye when I put it in.

Agreed.

GodWhomIsMike

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
OCZ Agility 2 SSD drive in my father's Lenovo laptop. The performance it offers is absolutely breathtaking.

RKpro

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2008
I've had an 80gb intel x25 since April, and there's no going back. My computer is now dead silent. In fact I'm now annoyed by the humming noise of every other computer I have to work with.

Oh yeah, and it's fast as balls.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Kingston SSDNow V+

I really enjoy this drive and did not notice any changes in its performance over the last 6 months or so.

SpudGT

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2008
Idaho
I just picked up an OCZ Vertex 2 (240) for my MBP ... I was leaning towards OWC but couldn't pass up the OCZ when it dropped under $400 at Newegg (with a mail in rebate).

It seemed pretty fast, but something went a little wonky when I cloned my HD to the SSD. Doing a clean install of the OS now.

demonsavatar

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I don't think anyone has had major complaints about their Intel X-25m, so I picked one up ~4 months ago. Works great.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Apple's 128 GB SSD on the Rev C MBA, and the 64GB SSD on the iTouch.

I'm very impressed with both, and doubt I'll buy either a MP3 player, or a computer that lacks a SSD drive.

Cheers

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
Just got my OWC mercury extreme 40gb ssd today. I'll be installing it later tonight. But I will say that I ordered it last night at 7pm and checked off fedex 2nd day air and it showed up at 1 pm today!!!

SudoSSD

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
I have a 64gb OCZ Vertex, which maintains its speed because of the idle garbage collection.

Recently I picked up a 100 GB Vertex 2. I hope the speed degradation won't be too bad without the aggressive idle garbage collection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.